2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Originally Posted by zizou

as for tevez, i'm sad that he had to leave the way it went down. but before he can become a top player, he needs to get regular playing time. who knows if that will happen with the number of attackers they have on that squad.

will SAF regret the way he let tevez go? i dunno. we've let go better and bigger players in the past and found ways to continue being successful. i trust ferguson on this one.
me too...and that's why i love United...
pimp.gif
no one isbigger than the club...

the thing is,former players has actually come out and thanked Sir Alex for everything he has done for their careers...
Cantona,Beckham and Ronaldo just to name a few...

if Tevez really wanted to become a legend at the club,then he should have shown more professionalism instead of mouthing off...
he should know that no one is ever gonna play in every single game...

i say he got swell-headed after bagging the league and CL winners' medal in his first season with United...
you ungrateful #*#$+,you would've rot at West Ham if United and Sir Alex hadn't picked you up...
smh.gif

1035 BST: Chelsea are set to step up their efforts to sign Ashley Young but will have to bid £25m to prise the winger from Aston Villa.
Full story: standard.co.uk

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has asked for more time before he makes a final decision on a transfer to Manchester City - the Togo internationalis possibly holding out for AC Milan to make a last-minute move.
Fullstory: The Sun

Adebayor was also offered to Manchester United, among other leading European teams, as his agents tried to drum up interest from other clubs to guaranteethe player a bumper pay deal.
Full story: DailyMail

The Gunners have had a £7m bid for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh rejected, with the French club asking for defender Mikael Silvestre to be addedto the offer.
Full story: The Sun

Manchester City have made a surprise move for Tottenham winger David Bentley, who is valued at about £12m by the north London club.
Full story: Daily Mirror

West Ham have been told by Barcelona it will cost them £5m to sign striker Eidur Gudjohnsen.
Full story: Daily Star

Tottenham could beat Stuttgart to the signing of Real Madrid striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who is stalling on a £15.5m move to Germany in the hope of joiningthe Premier League side.
Full story:Daily Mirror

Or, Spurs want Huntelaar's Real Madrid team-mate Alvaro Negredo. The striker, who was on loan at Almeria last season, is valued at £15m.(TheIndependent)

And Arjen Robben could be a third Real Madrid player to be courted by Tottenham. The former Chelsea winger claims the White Hart Lane side have madeinquiries about him. (Daily Telegraph)

Everton are vying with Real Mallorca and Real Zaragoza for Espanyol defender Marc Torrejon.

Blackburn are ready to bid £6m for Serbian striker Nikola Zigic, who they see as a replacement for Roque Santa Cruz.

Bolton are on the verge of signing South Korea winger Lee Chung-yong in a deal worth in excess of £2m.

Liverpool have expressed an interest in Albacete's Belgian midfielder Ritchie Kitoko. (The Times)

Meanwhile, Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena will not be joining Italian side Napoli as his agent has said "it was all amisunderstanding".(Daily Telegraph)

West Brom will miss out on a permanent deal for Juan Carlos Menseguez as the Argentine winger, who was on loan at the Hawthorns from San Lorenzo, wants tojoin Celtic.

Stoke are in talks to sign Sunderland midfielder Dean Whitehead. (The Times)

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate will spend £3m on Derby striker Rob Hulse. (The Sun)

Nancy midfielder Landry N'Guemo has stalled on agreeing a year-long loan from Nancy after Hull, Stoke and West Ham expressed an interest. (DailyRecord)

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray will hold further talks today with Nancy midfielder Landry N'Guemo. (The Herald)

Celtic have finalised Landy N'Guemo's loan deal from Nancy after the midfielder underwent a medical. (Daily Express)

Celtic have entered talks about signing £1m-rated striker Amadou Alassane from Le Havre but face competition from Hull and Stoke. (The Sun)

Spanish winger Fernando Marques has been offered a trial by Celtic after having his contract torn up by Greek club Iraklis. (DailyExpress)

Spanish left-back Xabi Castillo is poised to agree a transfer to Real Sociedad or Atletico Bilbao instead of Celtic. (Daily Express)

Sheffield United have offered a trial to Poland international goalkeeper Sebastian Przyrowski. (Daily Star)

Norwich are giving a trial to defender Jens Berthel-Askou, who has been released by Turkish side Kasimpasa. (Daily Star)

Former Rangers defender Marvin Andrews has told Raith Rovers he will not be re-signing for them as he has an offer from a Scottish Premier Leagueclub. (Daily Express)

OTHER GOSSIP

Paul Hart has been told he is being kept on as Portsmouth manager following Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim's takeover of the club.

David Beckham has insisted he has no reason to apologise to LA Galaxy fans or the MLS for his loan spell at AC Milan.
Fullstory: The Sun

Alan Shearer remains "completely in the dark" about whether he will be named Newcastle manager. (The Guardian)

Manchester United chief executive David Gill says the club may still add to their squad, despite boss Sir Alex Ferguson's insistence that no new playerswill join this summer.

Scotland manager George Burley has been told that Sunderland's Craig Gordon will miss the World Cup qualifier against Norway after thegoalkeeper suffered a reaction to a summer knee operation. (The Sun)

Craig Gordon is likely to miss Scotland's World Cup qualifier in Norway after Sunderland boss Steve Bruce said the goalkeeper's knee injury wasstill a concern. (Daily Record)

Viduz coach Pierre Littbarski thinks a good performance against Falkirk in their Europa League qualifier would help him win a management job inScotland. (Daily Record)

Flamurtari coach Geri Cipi says the number of players leaving Motherwell in the summer leaves him confident his Albanian side can win their Europa Leaguetie. (Daily Express)

Sport claims Barcelona are negoating for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Of course, Samuel Eto'o would be involved as part of the deal. They cite Italian rumors thatthe Catalan offer may be a staggering 40m + Eto'o for the Swede.

http://sport.es/default.a...0119&idseccio_PK=803

El Mundo Deportivo and the Madrid based papers also report that Laporta is in Milan in pursuit of Ibrahimovic.

To follow up my last post, Sport now claims FC Barcelona have completed the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic with the offer of 40m Euro + Samuel Eto'o + theseason loan of Alexandre Hleb.

I also believe Lucio has signed with Inter Milan. They must have over 32 players right now since they still have guys like Quaresm and Suazo present inpre-season training.

^ i have mad respect for zlatan but its hard to say goodbye to eto'o with all he's been a part of in recent Barca history!

i am very excited for the upcoming season though!!!!!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Tevez is one of the good guys. A true warrior with his fighting spirit, never gives up and goes hard on every play.

He's a fans type of player. That is why he was so beloved by United fans.

As a fan of Barca, I'll be extremely disappointed if Eto'o is replaced by Ibrahimovic. Eto'o has been a monster for Barcelona...3 league titles, 2UCL titles (lets not forget that he played a huge factor in both UCL finals). Is Ibrahimovic really an upgrade over Eto'o? He's only 1 year youngerthan Eto'o and he's failed at the UCL level for such a long time. 1 goal in 8 UCL matches for Inter this past season, 0 goals in 7 UCL matches in06/07, only 3 goals in 9 UCL matches for Juventus in 05/06. He's only had 1 good UCL campaign which was 2 seasons ago but overall he's been extremelydisappointing.

I cant believe Barcelona will have to spend all that money AND give up the better goalscorer in order to acquire Ibra. I dont think that this deal necessarilymakes Barcelona any better.

This whole thing doesn't make sense to me. Prior to Real's signings of Kaka and Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic was the highest paid player in the world. Afterhelping winning all these trophies for Barca, Eto'o asked for a raise. Instead of giving him the raise, Barca will just spend a ton of money on a playerwho has not proven his worth in the game's biggest stage and they will be paying him higher wages than what Eto'o was asking for. Absolutelyridiculous.

If anything, they should've kept Eto'o and searched for Henry's replacement. Henry is 3 years past his prime and at 32 he is not getting anyyounger. I'm guessing that Barca is satisfied with Henry's wages which appear to be more modest than Eto'o's demands.

In other news...Adebeyor is reportedly stalling his move to Man City as he is worried about playing time. My hunch is that he's using Man City as leveragein order to facilitate a deal to a bigger club like AC Milan. Other reports suggest that he will conduct a medical with Man City today and be introduced in thecoming days.

Cadena SER now reports that Barcelona and Inter have reached an agreement. The offer is approximated at Samuel Eto'o + an amount of money in between 40mand 50m Euros + the loan of Alexandre Hleb. The transfer may be sealed within the next 72 hours. The article says Samuel Eto'o is in agreement with thetransfer after speaking with Inter boss, Jose Mourinho.

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/a...do-ibrahimovic/serpro/20090717csrcsrdep_1/Tes

The one man devestated by this development is.. David Villa. Funny how the transfer window unravels. Months ago, I said Valencia could not afford to keep him.A month ago, I was absolutely certain that David Villa was going to grace Real Madrid's shirt. A week ago, I was sure he was going to be Barcelona'sheadline signing. Now, it appears hes "trapped" in Valencia.

Ironically, the two who wanted to leave - Villa and Silva remain but the true valencianista, Raul Albiol is the one who was sold.

Manchester United and Molde F.K. are pleased to announce that they have agreed terms for the transfer of Mame Biram Diouf.

The 21 year-old striker is to attend a medical in Manchester next week with a view to joining the club in January. Until that time he will remain with MoldeF.K. on loan.

Speaking at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur earlier today, Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We've been looking at him for two years.

"We weren't intending on signing anyone else after last week - we feel we have a full squad - but the situation accelerated to a point where otherclubs started to make bids, so we had to decide whether we acted or didn't act.

"We decided to act and he'll be the last person we sign."

Diouf has scored 38 goals in 73 games so far for Norwegian side Molde, the same club from which United signed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as a virtual unknown in1996.

happy.gif

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Cadena SER now reports that Barcelona and Inter have reached an agreement. The offer is approximated at Samuel Eto'o + an amount of money in between 40m and 50m Euros + the loan of Alexandre Hleb. The transfer may be sealed within the next 72 hours. The article says Samuel Eto'o is in agreement with the transfer after speaking with Inter boss, Jose Mourinho.

http://www.cadenaser.com/.../20090717csrcsrdep_1/Tes

The one man devestated by this development is.. David Villa. Funny how the transfer window unravels. Months ago, I said Valencia could not afford to keep him. A month ago, I was absolutely certain that David Villa was going to grace Real Madrid's shirt. A week ago, I was sure he was going to be Barcelona's headline signing. Now, it appears hes "trapped" in Valencia.

Ironically, the two who wanted to leave - Villa and Silva remain but the true valencianista, Raul Albiol is the one who was sold.
maybe now he will decide to move out of spain..man utd..liverpool? ugh..maybe chelsea.

anyway..

1333 BST: Rangers midfielder and former captain Barry Ferguson has passed a medical at Birmingham City.
Full story:Daily Record

1200 BST: Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill insists Ashley Young is going nowhere, despite the recent signing of Stewart Downing for £12m fromMiddlesbrough. Full story: AVTV

1136 BST: Coach Luciano Spalletti admits Roma would consider offers for playmaker Alberto Aquilani, a rumoured Liverpool target. (PressAssociation)

1126 BST: Singapore-based Profitable Group have made an improved second formal offer to owner Mike Ashley for Newcastle United.
Full story: Shields Gazette

1117 BST: Liverpool are close to offering a contract to Esbjergs 16-year-old midfielder Nikolaj Kohlert, according to the player'sagent.
Full story: Sky Sports

1106 BST: AC Milan vice-executive president Adriano Galliani insists Andrea Pirlo will remain at the San Siro rather than follow former manager CarloAncelotti to Chelsea. (Press Association)

1104 BST: Stoke are hoping that midfielder Seyi Olofinjana can agree to a move to French side Monaco.
Full story: The Sentinel

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United's interest in Gremio's Douglas Costa is cooling after the Brazilian club demanded £20m for the teenage forward.
Full story: The Times

Manchester City have tested Everton's determination to hang on to defender Joleon Lescott by submitting a £15m bid to Goodison Park.(Various)

City will make a £30m move for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan if they fail to agree personal terms with Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor.
Full story:Daily Mail

Real Madrid are confident that an improved bid of around £32m will be enough to prise Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso away from Liverpool.

If Alonso does depart for the Bernabeu, Valencia midfielder David Silva would be top of Reds' boss Rafael Benitez's shopping list. (DailyMirror)

Bayern Munich coach Louis van Gaal has told clubs in pursuit of midfielder Franck Ribery that it is now too close to the start of the season for theFrance midfielder to leave. (Daily Telegraph)

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has denied that there has been any approach for winger Ashley Young after rumours that Tottenham and Chelsea weremulling over £25m bids.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has entered the £12m race for Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch.

Hodgson is also considering a move for Columbia international forward Fredy Montero who plays for Major League Soccer side Seattle Sounders. (DailyStar)

Tottenham are poised to add to their forward line with the signing of Real Madrid's Alvaro Negredo.
Full story:The Sun

Spurs are also holding out hope of landing Real Madrid and Netherlands striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar despite Stuttgart already having had a £17m bid acceptedfor the player.

Sheffield United pair Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker, both right-backs, will move to White Hart Lane in a deal worth a total of £8m after Tottenhamstole a march on Everton who were also interested.
Full story: TheIndependent

Leeds' highly-rated midfielder Fabian Delph has attracted an offer from Tottenham, but is also being chased by Fulham.

Arsenal will attempt to lure defender Brede Hangeland from Fulham with the offer of Philippe Senderos as part of a deal worth around £10m. (DailyStar)

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has claimed that a move to Arsenal would be "perfect". (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth centre-back Sylvain Distin is ready to take a pay-cut in order to seal a £2m move to Aston Villa.

Chelsea have told Portugal international defender Ricardo Carvalho that he will be staying at Stamford Bridge after a possible move to Inter Milan fellthrough.
Full story: TheSun

Carvalho could be joined by Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic who is close to tying up a £5m move from MFK Kosice to Chelsea.

Blackburn are ready to splash £2.5m on Rapid Vienna forward Erwin Hoffer as a replacement for Roque Santa Cruz.

Valencia targetman Nikola Zigic is also in Blackburn's sights, but there are 15 clubs in the hunt for the Serbia striker according to hisagent.
Full story: The Independent

Wigan Athletic are in negotiations with Crystal Palace over a possible switch for £5m-rated midfielder Victor Moses.

Midfielder Dean Whitehead could be on his way from Sunderland to Stoke in a £5m switch. (Daily Star)

Birmingham are keen to sign £5m-rated midfielder Craig Gardner from Aston Villa ahead of their return to the Premier League. (Daily Star)

Hamilton's 18-year-old midfielder James McCarthy is set to sign for Wigan after turning down a move to Wolves.

Sporting Lisbon are back in talks with Manchester City over a possible loan move for striker Felipe Caicedo.

Sheffield Wednesday forward Marcus Tudgay is ready to to submit a transfer request to try and force through a £2m move to Burnley.

Sunderland's attempts to sign defender Nathaniel Clyne from Crystal Palace have been frustrated with the Eagles holding out for £5m. (The Sun)

Out-of-contract winger Jerome Thomas could be thrown a Premier League lifeline by Hull City after an ill-fated spell at Portsmouth. (DailyMirror)

St Johnstone manager Derek McInnes is hopeful of bringing former Millwall colleague Filipe Morais to McDiarmid Park. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

LA Galaxy and England midfielder David Beckham has revealed that he would only move back to the Premier League with Manchester United.(Various)

Beckham also believes that John Terry will not turn his back on boyhood club Chelsea to move to Manchester City. (Various)

Chelsea's Joe Cole will miss the start of the season after the midfielder underwent surgery on his troublesome knee. (Various)

Former Middlesbrough boss Bryan Robson has turned down an offer to coach Iranian Premier League side Persepolis Theran to stay as a Manchester Unitedambassador. (Daily Mail)

Striker Carlos Tevez has revealed that big-spending Real Madrid made an approach for him before he finalised his move to Manchester City.
Full story: DailyTelegraph

AND FINALLY
Oasis's Noel Gallagher does not want Chelsea captain John Terry at his beloved Manchester City. "He's got funny eyes and he's acry baby," he said.

Eto'o
frown.gif
... I have only seen Zlatan play a hand full of times, but I hope he steps up in big games as many of you criticize him for disappearing when itmatters
ohwell.gif

If it goes official.... the 09/10 Eto'o jersey will be framed, and the Zlatan jersey will be coped
pimp.gif

off topic, but i am so happy that estudiantes won!

(i've been a HUGE fan of veron since his parma days.)

Originally Posted by zizou

off topic, but i am so happy that estudiantes won!

(i've been a HUGE fan of veron since his parma days.)
yeah i'm happy for the former United man too...
happy.gif
heassisted in both goals for Estudiantes...
eek.gif

nice to see that he hasn't lost his vision and ball control abilities...

yea, i'm a little defensive when it comes to veron.

he did struggle mightily in adjusting to england, but i thought he was brilliant for us in the champions league.

and once he got back to italy, i thought he played very well at inter. and obviously, he's doing well now.

so happy for him. it's unfortunate that lots of argentina fans still boo and blame him for 2002.

On the Barca website Laporta is saying that there is an agreement with Inter in principal, but nothing is final, and they're still weighing Ibra vs.Villa....God I hope they sign Villa and sell Eto'o to make up for the difference. It doesn't make sense to me to essentially pay 70m for Ibra (45 plusthe 25 they could get for Eto'o) and refuse to pay 50m for Villa. I would love to be wearing a Barca #7 Villa shirt in a few months.

Originally Posted by carolinatarheels4040

It doesn't make sense to me to essentially pay 70m for Ibra (45 plus the 25 they could get for Eto'o) and refuse to pay 50m for Villa.
It doesn't make sense not to give a raise to a striker who just scored 30+ goals for your team and has played a huge part in winning 3 LaLiga's and 2 UCL's for your team.

Real got better by adding 2 great attacking midfielders and a young striker. Barca are getting rid of their best goalscorer and they think that's anupgrade?

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

LA Galaxy and England midfielder David Beckham has revealed that he would only move back to the Premier League with Manchester United. (Various)
i know that it's never ever gonna happen,but if it does...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

The other way to look at this deal is. Ask yourself, how much do you think Samuel Eto'o is worth? Now, how much do you think Samuel Eto'o is worth withone year left in his contract (ability to negotiate in 6 months) and absolutely zero intention to renew?

Why did nobody come for him? If you're Manchester Utd or Chelsea, you wait the 6 months then sign him for free. Inter and AC Milan are both long timeadmirers of him as well. Everyone understands that the relationship between Eto'o and Barcelona had reached a point in which it was no longer salvagable.Hell, even Manchester City backed out. Man City can probably make Eto'o the highest paid player in the world if he comes in on free transfer.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a Galactico. What I mean by this is: Even before Real Madrid's purchase of Kaka' and Cristiano.. If a club wanted to pryIbrahimovic from Inter Milan, it would have to be a scandalous fee. Although he admitted being intrigued by playing in Spain, he was content with staying atInter. He is the one who sells the most shirts. He is the one who shoulders alot of the creative spark up front for that team which lacked a real playmaker.Now, factor in Barcelona's desperation and panic. David Villa, untouchable thanks to Manuel Llorente. Time is passing and with every second, the possiblityof Eto'o leaving for free next season becomes a reality. Not to mention, the prospect of having an unsettled Samuel Eto'o disrupting the atmosphere.The fans booing him everytime he touches the ball. The reluctance of Pep Guardiola to involve him in his plans. A nightmare situation.

I'm not sure that this transfer is absolutely certain just yet. The clubs may be in agreement but both these players have strong personalities and theyhave to agree to the move. We'll see.

Personally, I'm disappointed that a player whom I admire is most likely going to play with the ultimate rival. But if this goes through, I'm very happyfor La Liga.

Back
Top Bottom