2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Damn Barca winning the CL really got Real mad huh?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

why not?we certainly got the funds now...besides,him to Barca is not a done deal yet...
I believe Ribery said that he wouldn't play in the U.K. because of the climate. Not 100% sure on that though

^ Maybe we'll need Patrice and Eric to persuade him...

What other options are there? Benzema's always been Sir's fav, but he's a striker... I guess you can always move Rooney to the wings, but clearlyits not his best position.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

It's finally happened...4 years in the making.

Valencia rejected Chelsea's offer which only means one thing...Villa is on his way to Real as well.

Lets see if Real have any money left over for some defensive players.

This is going to make the Premiership, La Liga and the UCL 100x more exciting next season. Man Utd. just lost their best player which'll open the titlerace up. Real are expected to make pose a serious challenge to Barca and with that lineup, Real Madrid will have to atleast make the UCL semi-finals.

I wonder if this puts pressure on Barca to make some moves. Ribery on Barca's left wing would look great with Thierry Henry being the first option off thebench.

Originally Posted by RitchDad

can any of you man u supporters admit that rooney is overrated?
They hate it when you tell them that. An "elite" striker who's never scored more than 16 goals in a season. He's never beenhealthy for a full season either. Lets see if he can score 20-goals with Ronaldo out of the way.

Originally Posted by RitchDad

can any of you man u supporters admit that rooney is overrated?
stick to your baseball...dont just come in here with your sh...
and search the thread please...i've commented on that in the earlier pages...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I've been saying Rooney is over-rated for years now. He doesn't score all that much for someone who is considered to be "one of the best strikers in the world). Yeah he's a hard worker and versatile but at the end of the day, he doesnt score that many goals for a fulltime striker. He's scored over 15 goals (16 goals in 05/06) just once in his career. I think that he is a good player but he does not warrant the hype that he gets. Being an English player + playing for Man Utd. = hype

his team comes first before he does...every club needs a selfless team player,and Rooney happens to fall into that category...
i agree though,he's not that same fearless kid who scored a hattrick on his debut or the scorer from that wonderful volley against Newcastle a few season ago...
but when you are required to defend as much and be played out-of-position for quite a number of games,then you'd probably wouldn't expect him to score that much either...

one thing's for sure though,the Man U fans admire him for his workrate,overall contribution...and "heart"...

This just doesn't go for Rooney...other English players are greatly over-rated...Lampard stands out the most to me, he isnt particularly strong in any facet of the game yet he's routinely labelled as one of the Premiership's best.

firstly,i think Lampard has improved tremendously under the guidance of Mourinho...
a box-to-box midfielder with reliable vision and passing range and packs a mean shot from outside the 18-yard...
plus he's a free-scoring midfielder,and has bagged no less than 20 goals since the 05-06 season...

and Chelsea fans always count on him when it comes to the "clutch"...most evident in yesterday's FA Cup final when scored the matchwinner...
anyway,it's a long footballing season...surely you can't expect the same level of intensity from each player for 9mths straight...
with that in mind,i think Rooney's done pretty well...
he bagged 20 goals in all competitions this season,18 goals last season,and 23 goals in 06-07...
and during that time,United won 3 back-to-back EPL titles and 1 European Cup...
pimp.gif
not too bad for an overrated player,huh?
eyes.gif

but i do admit that Wazza's put on some weight though...
laugh.gif
with hissize and that hairline he looks like he's 30...

Florentino Perez knows what hes doing. Although, I believe this is move was facillitated by Ramon Caldeorn last summer with the pre-contract. I just don'tbelieve that Florentino Perez skipped negotiations and settled for 80 Million pounds. Calderon signed the pre-deal last summer which is why CR was so quick toforget his ambition to leave United because he was promised he would leave the next. The same agreement that would penalize either side 30m pounds if theybacked out. Staggering, absolutely staggering fee. Still, he'll pay for himself.

"How can Real Madrid afford to pay for these players?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8094864.stm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article6478713.ece

Florentino said 5-6 signings. Lets see.

Real Madrid can't be serious with these signings. They don't need Ronaldo anymore (marketing yes, championship no). They need a defense so theydon't get trumped 6-1 at home to Barcelona again.

Originally Posted by Sullivan Baller

rooney's record for team england this yr speaks for itself
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Against Andorra, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Croatia (only legit opponent)...

We'll see what Rooney does this coming season. He's going to be the centre-piece of Man Utd's offense now so there shouldnt be any excuses if hefails to bag 20 goals in the Premiership (no one cares about the FA Cup, World Club Championships, Carling Cup, etc.).

Florentino Perez knows what hes doing. Although, I believe this is move was facillitated by Ramon Caldeorn last summer with the pre-contract. I just don't believe that Florentino Perez skipped negotiations and settled for 80 Million pounds. Calderon signed the pre-deal last summer which is why CR was so quick to forget his ambition to leave United because he was promised he would leave the next. The same agreement that would penalize either side 30m pounds if they backed out. Staggering, absolutely staggering fee. Still, he'll pay for himself.
Hmmm...it's starting to make sense now. So Real Madrid + Man Utd. had an agreement in principle last summer that would have Ronaldo play forMan Utd. 1 more season and then have him move to Real Madrid this summer? The 30m pound penalty sounded ludicrous to me at first, now I understand why it wasput in place.

Both sides should be happy, Real Madrid got one of the top 2 players in the world and Man Utd. get 80m pounds. I know that Ribery said he doesnt want to go toEngland but maybe he changes his mind. Also, is it possible that Man Utd. makes a move for Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Aguero, etc.? Maybe Tevez changes hismind and returns back to the club. If they dont make any moves this summer, I have them as equal to Chelsea + Liverpool and slightly better than Arsenal. ManUtd's defense is still amazing so even if they have trouble scoring, they'll still be in good position to win most matches since they dont concede toomany goals.

I'm surprised that Liverpool have been so quiet so far. They're 1-2 players away from being super powers in Europe.

Originally Posted by Sullivan Baller

rooney's record for team england this yr speaks for itself
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Against Andorra, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Croatia (only legit opponent)...

We'll see what Rooney does this coming season. He's going to be the centre-piece of Man Utd's offense now so there shouldnt be any excuses if he fails to bag 20 goals in the Premiership (no one cares about the FA Cup, World Club Championships, Carling Cup, etc.).

Florentino Perez knows what hes doing. Although, I believe this is move was facillitated by Ramon Caldeorn last summer with the pre-contract. I just don't believe that Florentino Perez skipped negotiations and settled for 80 Million pounds. Calderon signed the pre-deal last summer which is why CR was so quick to forget his ambition to leave United because he was promised he would leave the next. The same agreement that would penalize either side 30m pounds if they backed out. Staggering, absolutely staggering fee. Still, he'll pay for himself.
Hmmm...it's starting to make sense now. So Real Madrid + Man Utd. had an agreement in principle last summer that would have Ronaldo play for Man Utd. 1 more season and then have him move to Real Madrid this summer? The 30m pound penalty sounded ludicrous to me at first, now I understand why it was put in place.

Both sides should be happy, Real Madrid got one of the top 2 players in the world and Man Utd. get 80m pounds. I know that Ribery said he doesnt want to go to England but maybe he changes his mind. Also, is it possible that Man Utd. makes a move for Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Aguero, etc.? Maybe Tevez changes his mind and returns back to the club. If they dont make any moves this summer, I have them as equal to Chelsea + Liverpool and slightly better than Arsenal. Man Utd's defense is still amazing so even if they have trouble scoring, they'll still be in good position to win most matches since they dont concede too many goals.

I'm surprised that Liverpool have been so quiet so far. They're 1-2 players away from being super powers in Europe.

how about that goal vs. russia...stop talking garbage about rooney....goals dont matter if the team wins the league two years in a row and hesplaying left wing.

if real madrid get villa too there should be an * next to their ucl title next year if they win it. its just getting ridiculous. on the other hand it will beeven funnier if they fail to win it.

as pointed out on the forums though will c.ron's ego be able to handle not being the biggest/only huge star? how long will his tenure at rm be? i say 4years.

also its not a guarentee by a longshot that 100% of the £80m will be made avail for transfers. I mean hopefully most of it will be but we dont know yet. idstill like to see benzema and ribery bought. if not ribs then maybe silva. eto'o or zlatan sound good as well.

From what I hear, the fee will be paid in 4 annual installments (20m gpb each.) I feel better about it. I don't get why wer'e still linked to Ribery.Unless Florentino wants to sell Arjen Robben. The defensive reinforcements will come. For me, Xabi Alonso is a key target who became much more difficult afterCity swooped Barry. Frequently linked to Maicon, Albiol, Bruno Alves, Marcano. to name a few. Then theres Ricardo Carvalho who is on the outs at Chelsea. It isstill early in the window, plenty of time.

Ronaldo will fit in well with Sergio Ramos and Guti
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
cant wait to see their first parody...

1610 BST: Atletico Madrid say they are not willing to part with Argentine striker Sergio "Kun" Aguero, believed to be a Chelsea target.(Spanish paper AS)

1540 BST: Chris Hughton could find himself thrust into the role of Newcastle caretaker manager for a third time as negotiations continue over the club'sfuture ownership. (Press Association)

1533 BST: Real Madrid could use strikers Alvaro Negredo, 23, and Alberto Bueno, 21 as part of a cash plus players deal to lure Liverpool midfielderXabi Alonso to the Bernabeu. (Spanish paper AS)

1452 BST: West Brom are pressing ahead with attempts to sign midfielders Youssouf Mulumbu and Juan Carlos Menseguez - who spent the second half of lastseason on loan at the Hawthorns - on a permanent basis even though doubt remains over the future of manager Tony Mowbray. (Press Association)

1431 BST: Valencia have turned down a reported offer from Chelsea for David Villa, with the Spain international seemingly set to join Real Madridinstead, according to the player's agent. (Press Association)

1406 BST: Fulham are looking to hijack Birmingham's bid for American defender Oguchi Onyewu.
(Full story: Sky Sports)

1402 BST: Barcelona are preparing a bid for Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun.
(Full story: DailyMail)

1327 BST: Newly-promoted Burnley's operational director Brendan Flood insists the club will not pay large sums for players, whilst he also refused torule out the sale of the club's top stars.

1133 BST: Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo has revealed that if he is forced to leave the Bernabeu then Liverpool would be an attractivedestination.

1121 BST: Former Manchester United full-back Arthur Albiston believes Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid could lead to fellow forward Carlos Tevezremaining at Old Trafford next season.
(Fullstory: Daily Star)

1031 BST: French club Lyon have declared an interest in signing former Arsenal midfielder and captain Patrick Vieira from Inter Milan. (PressAssociation)

1002 BST: Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo - who seems certain to join Real Madrid after United accepted an £80m bid - had reportedly secured adeal with Real that guaranteed the Spanish club would pay him £20m in compensation if a deal to bring him to the Bernabeu did not go through by 30 June. (PressAssociation)
0950 BST: AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo has received Italy coach Marcello Lippi's blessing to move to Chelsea thissummer.

laugh.gif
@ English soccer fans hatin' hard.

Geez.

...on the other hand...La Liga's proposing to just give the cup to RM for the next season
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

they're so stacked it's so dumb.

Originally Posted by Curious24

how about that goal vs. russia...stop talking garbage about rooney....goals dont matter if the team wins the league two years in a row and hes playing left wing.
Goals do matter when your country doesn't score enough of them to qualify for a major tournament like... the European championships.

Rooney is one of the only players that I HATE passionately.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Curious24

how about that goal vs. russia...stop talking garbage about rooney....goals dont matter if the team wins the league two years in a row and hes playing left wing.
Goals do matter when your country doesn't score enough of them to qualify for a major tournament like... the European championships.

Rooney is one of the only players that I HATE passionately.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

hes better than lampard.

Back
Top Bottom