2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Originally Posted by babam11218719

What Pirlo didin't fall off? He is a top 5 player in the world right now.
laugh.gif

top 5? idk about that. i dont even think i can say he's a top 5 midfielder in the world right now.
cr>kaka>ribery>stevie geee>xavi>xabi alonso
7th is interchangeable between pirlo, mascherano, fabregas, & iniesta.
& +1 for zizou. especially for ur name! GOAT imo.

Originally Posted by bossjulio

laugh.gif

top 5? idk about that. i dont even think i can say he's a top 5 midfielder in the world right now.
roll.gif
dudes being sarcastic......response to someone that saidPirlo is top 5 after the nice turn and assist in the Confed Cup.

Originally Posted by wttm

laugh.gif

roll.gif
dudes being sarcastic......response to someone that said Pirlo is top 5 after the nice turn and assist in the Confed Cup.

i'm completely confused about what u just said... hahahah.

I was being sarcastic. In the Confederation Cup thread after Italy beat US persiafly stated that Andrea Pirlo was easily one of the top 5 players in the world.And was then shocked when someone questioned him and told him to name 5 better players. If you want to dig up the Confederations Cup thread it is all in there
laugh.gif

^ohhhh hahaha alrightt. i was wondering y u said that, especially after all of ur other soccer posts which are pretty smart.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

9206442b63340122925c99f7a791efef-getty-fbl-esp-por-eng-real-madrid-ronaldo.jpg
I
I understand why they are wearing the jersey to intro the number and what not. What I don't get is why these dudes are wearing cleats to theintro. Those mercurial cleats do look sick though. I saw them on kitbag with that $350 price tag.

Those all blacks are ugly though. He better not be getting all conservative on us now, throw on the neons or orange
smokin.gif

Will he end up staying with the swoosh?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Those all blacks are ugly though. He better not be getting all conservative on us now, throw on the neons or orange
smokin.gif

Will he end up staying with the swoosh?

yessir he will. he has CR on the side i think. well thats what it says according to soccerbible.com -->http://www.soccerbible.co...madrid-presentation.aspxtheyre def a nice pair of cleats. but the superflys carry that hefty 400 $ price tag.

yessir he will. he has CR on the side i think. well thats what it says according to soccerbible.com -->http://www.soccerbible.co...madrid-presentation.aspx theyre def a nice pair of cleats. but the superflys carry that hefty 400 $ price tag.
hmmm... I know its the classic look, but I was never a fan of black boots...
cristiano_2D00_ronaldo_2D00_nike_2D00_mercurial_2D00_superfly_2D00_black_5F00_1.jpg

cristiano_2D00_ronaldo_2D00_nike_2D00_mercurial_2D00_superfly_2D00_black_5F00_2.jpg

agreed plus it murders ur feet when u play on turf out here in vegas during the summer.

Lol, well I don't play, so I don't know how black boots would feel under the sun in a hot day... I just don't like the look of black boots...

BTW, how's his español? (fixed) oops

Ronaldo looks so wierd in that uniform, and to be in all adidas looks wierd too. i feel tho it was time for ronaldo to leave manU, hes 24 with a good 6 yearsahead of him and he already accomplished everything at ManU, I really hope ManU fans appreciate him and don't dog him for the rest of his career.

BTW, how's español?

huh?

his spanish is surprisingly good considering he's portugese & played in england. as well as kaka. woulda never expected him to speak spanish.

I thought Portuguese was very similar to Spanish anyway. They both may have been speaking spanish for a while. The real surprise was when I found out thatKaka spoke English. Never knew that.

it is similar. but that doesnt mean u can speak it. i speak fluent spanish & i really cant speak a lick of portugese or italian (2 languages most closelyrelated to spanish). but i guess when u play soccer in europe u have to learn english & spanish. yah kaka speaking english surprises me too. cristianosenglish isnt even that great.

Yeah, I heard Kaka do an English intervew a year or 2 ago and was surprised/impressed by his grasp of the language. I read somewhere that his family was'financially secure', which would have meant that along with football, he was also able to get a good education, learning English in the process...

1015: Bayern Munich have set a price tag of £69m for French midfielder Franck Ribery. The German club have given Real Madrid a deadline of 16 Julyto match the price.
Fullstory in German: Bild

0959: Inter Milan target Ricardo Carvalho is ready to leave Chelsea this summer but will only consider a move to another top European club. "I wouldlike to open a new page in my career," he said.
Full story in Italian:Corriere dello Sport

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing to make a £20m raid for Real Madrid's Dutch striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar.
Full story: The Sun

Meanwhile, Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has launched an ambitious bid to sign one of Real Madrid's other Dutch strikers, 33-year-old Ruud vanNistelrooy.
Full story: TheSun

Real Madrid have made a cut-price £5m offer for Liverpool's Spanish full-back Alvaro Arbeloa. (Daily Mirror)

And the Spanish side are believed to want any move for Liverpool's Xabi Alonso sorted out in the next fortnight. (Press Association)

Liverpool are close to signing 16-year-old Esbjerg midfielder Nikolaj Kohlert on a three-year deal. (Daily Telegraph)

Chelsea will make one last attempt to sign Bayern Munich's French midfielder Franck Ribery. (Daily Star)

And Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti will consider making a bid for Real Madrid's Dutch forward Wesley Sneijder if he misses out onRibery.
Fullstory: Daily Telegraph

Manchester City will turn their attention to Everton defender Joleon Lescott after losing out in their bid to sign Chelsea captain John Terry. The Eastlandsclub had made an initial offer of £15m but will now up that. (Daily Mirror)

Going in the other direction could be City's Brazilian striker Jo, with Everton boss David Moyes ready to take him to Goodison Park on aseason-long loan deal.
Full Story: Times

Aston Villa and Sunderland lead the race for Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch. However, Pompey are unlikely to recoup the £12m they spent on the 28-year-old.
Full story: Various

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce also hopes to land Tottenham striker Darren Bent for £11m. (Daily Star)

Bruce also wants Manchester City defender Richard Dunne in a £4m deal.
Fullstory: Daily Mail

However, Bordeaux have refused to sell Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh to Sunderland because the French club's president Jean-Louis Triauddoes not think the Black Cats are "a big English club".

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is also ready to swoop for Fulham defender Brede Hangeland, 28, for £9m.
Full story: Various

And Villa are also preparing a bid for Sporting Lisbon's 23-year-old midfielder Miguel Veloso after Bolton had an £8m bid turned down. (DailyMirror)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is waiting to see if Manchester City's Welsh striker Craig Bellamy becomes available once the Eastlands club'sspending spree is over.
Full story:Various

Spurs are close to agreeing a deal to sell midfielder Didier Zokora to Spanish side Sevilla. (Daily Mirror)

And Lazio have made an offer to sign Spurs' midfielder Adel Taarabt. (The Times)

Swedish striker Marcus Berg is a target for Aston Villa, Everton and Tottenham. The 25-year-old's club FC Gronigen value him at £5m. (DailyTelegraph)

Bolton boss Gary Megson will turn his attention to West Brom's Jonathan Greening if his £3.5m bid for Swansea midfielder Ferrie Bodde is turned down.
Full story: TheSun

Blackburn are interested in Le Mans defender Gregory Cerdan who would cost the club £2m. (The Times)

Fulham are ready to bid £500,000 for MK Dons' 25-year-old defender Dean Lewington. (Daily Mirror)

South African midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi is being tracked by Portsmouth and Fulham. The 24-year-old plays for the Golden Arrows. (DailyTelegraph)

Burnley want Valencia's Spanish Under-21 international Stephen Sunday on a season-long loan deal. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves have ended their interest in defender Matt Mills after failing to meet Doncaster's £3m asking price. (Daily Star)

Middlesbrough's Turkish striker Tuncay has sparked a scramble for his signature after the £7m-rated star insisted he wants to play in the PremierLeague. (Daily Mirror)

Leicester have had a £1.5m offer for Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith refused. (Daily Star)

Sheffield United have made an improved offer of £2m for Manchester City striker Ched Evans. (Daily Mail)

Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune will sign for Celtic for £1m less than he would have earned by joining Portsmouth or Hull. (DailyRecord)

Celtic have started talks with Nancy about the transfer of midfielder Landry N'Guemo. (The Sun)

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish will decide this week whether to make an approach to Rangers for Barry Ferguson or to Newcastle for Joey Barton.(Daily Record)

Twente Enschede have joined Burnley and Coventry in the race to sign Hearts winger Andrew Driver. (The Sun)

Hamilton Academical could offer former Rangers star Marvin Andrews a deal with the SPL side.
Fullstory: Daily Record

OTHER GOSSIP

Middlesbrough have been thrown into turmoil after Egypt striker Mido, striker Afonso Alves and Turkey forward Tuncay failed to turn up for the startof pre-season training.
Fullstory: Daily Mail

New Wigan boss Roberto Martinez plans to hold talks with defender Paul Scharner but will not beg the 28-year-old Austrian to stay.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce wants former Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia to quit his backroom role at Sunderland and join him at Ewood Park.(Daily Mirror)

Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler insists his move to Australia was not for a "holiday"' as his latest injury threatens to rule him outof North Queensland Fury's A-League opener next month. (Townsville Bulletin)

The 12 Scottish Premier League clubs will meet today to consider a joint broadcasting deal being offered by Sky Sports and ESPN. (DailyMail)

West Lothian Council insist they will not give Livingston more time to pay rent arrears after taking court action that could force the club intoadministration. (Daily Record)

xabi alonso on madrid? yahhhh baby. & ribery's gotta price tag now? didnt someone say "if ribery says 'real or nothing' - thennothing" or something like that? & man u's not the only team who wants huntelaar. milan wants him too. well see how that plays out.

ohmygod!!!

gooch is going to milan!!!!

<--- will be getting an onyewu ac milan jersey.

20 mill for Huntelaar? That seems steep to me. How much did Real pay for him?
20mil Euros...i swear Real knows how to do business,and i dont mean that in a good way...
smh.gif

to be honest,i don't quite understand the fascination with this Huntelaar dude...
i was told that he's good,but i wasn't impressed when he played at Real...
and he seems like a poor man's version of Ruud van Nistelrooy to me...

Back
Top Bottom