2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Who wants Adebayor?
Uhhhh...I might get the gears for saying this, but I'd have him at United in a second. Big lad, good in the air, high football IQ, fast,he's got all the tools. He just needs motivating, and to be playing with few guys that won't let him slack. He's proven he can score goals...

As for Hargreaves, from everything I've read and heard, its not looking good for him. He's apparently at the the point now where he wakes up one dayand is good to go, and then the next can't even run. Getting him back in full form will be very nice, but I don't think the team can bank on it. Iagree though, he's got the proper central destroyer skill set. Wins the ball on his fee, looks to pass it off, never bombs too far forward, fast, runs allday...its the best mix. The stand up tackling is a lost art IMO.

In defense, O'Shea was good for us down the stretch. The Arsenal tie in Europe, he was one of our best players.

I really hope the youth get a good shot at the first team.

^ i do agree with you...Adebayor is a solid "big man" type of striker...
but i feel he needs to play off a deep-lying strike partner...someone like Tevez for example...

anyway,what's up with these clubs slapping crazy price tags on their players?come on now...
i know Zlatan and Ribery is good...but definitely not 80mil good...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is planning to use some of the £80m raised by the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to launch a shock raid for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres.
(Full story: Sunday Express)

Lyon have told Manchester United that striker Karim Benzema is not for sale this summer.
(Full story: Sunday Mirror)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/latest-news...lion-move-to-manchester-city-115875-21438543/

However, Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o has rejected Manchester City's offer, leaving Chelsea, Liverpool and Inter Milan battling it out for the Cameroon striker.
(Full story: The People)

Eto's has apparently asked Manchester City for 1m euros a month (that's around £850,000) after tax if they want him at Eastlands.
(Full story: News of the World)

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has been told by Real Madrid that the Spanish club will sign him next year, as they cannot pay out more than £50m twice in one summer.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will go for Bayern Munich's Luca Toni, if he cannot sign former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy from Real Madrid.
(Full story: The People)

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been told by Inter Milan that they will have to pay £80m if they want to sign striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
(Full story: Sunday Times)

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spo...pool-preparing-pound5m-move-for-defender.htmlOTHER GOSSIP

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano wants to leave Anfield as his pregnant wife Fernanda has been unable to settle on Merseyside.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/06/14/van-gets-moving-115875-21439033/

http://
-British tabloid crap...there is 0% chance that Liverpool will sell Torres to Man Utd.

-Eto'o seems like he's gone

-I think that Real Madrid can afford Ribery right now, I dont think they need him though. Whats wrong with Robben?

-Looks like Luca Toni is the odd man out at Bayern Munich

-I dont understand the 80 mill price tag on Zlatan. I think that his contract is done after this season, cant he just leave on a free transfer next summer?Inter are in a tough spot here.

-seems like Mascherano wants to get out of England but someone's gonna have to pay Liverpool a ton of money to get him out of there

^ Villa would make a nice fit in the the Barca squad.

Rafa is out of his mind if he thinks he can keep both Xabi and Mascherano. One of them will go. The Reds need the money to reup their squad to compete with ManU next season.

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Madrid is going to be so stacked next year. Going to be a fun team to watch, hopefully they will play more of their games on FSC or Sentanta.

Do you have Goltv? They show all the big La Liga games live. Barca and Madrid are always shown regardless of who they play against. I hate Madrid, but I willbe DVR'ing the galacticos 2.0 though.

Tevez begins talks tomorrow.
pimp.gif
Wouldn't mind seeing him on Chelsea. I always forget that he isn't 42 like he looks like he is.

Barcelona are in talks with Valencia over the transfer of Spain striker David Villa.

"There are many players who are interested in coming to play at Barcelona and I think that people have to know this," Barca vice-presidentRafael Yuste told Radio Catalunya. "The talks (over Villa) are absolutely open." (Press Association, 2235 BST)

Wolves sign Serbian international midfielder Nenad Milijas from Red Star Belgrade on a four-year deal. (AFP, 1921 BST)

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has hinted he would be open to an offer from Barcelona.

"It's very obvious that it (an offer from Barca) would be special but I am also clear about the fact that Arsenal made me captain in themiddle of last season," Fabregas said in an interview published in Spain's Sport newspaper.

"That gives me extra responsibility and ties me closer to the club and I would be excited to win a trophy as captain of the Gunners," hesaid, but added that if Guardiola called him "it would be different."

Fabregas would not start at Barcelona which is why I don't believe Fab to Barca rumors. Wenger made it clear, hes not available. Xavi and Iniesta are thebest Spanish midfielders.

Edit: New offer for David Villa from Real Madrid.. 42m Euro or 25m Euro + Alvaro Negredo. Madrid would prefer to pay straight cash. Valencia prefer to haveNegredo included in the deal.

i didnt think Cesc would fit in with the squad. Barca need CDM. Iniesta is a beast and Xavi had 20 something assists last season.

Its down to Real vs Barca for Villa?? I know he wants to stay in Spain. Who gets him???

I think that we should all ignore the David Villa rumors for a couple of weeks...his move wont be finalized until the end of the Confeds Cup.

just watching sky sports news:
man city,liverpool,man utd and chelsea all will talk to carlos tevez within the next two days

cesc ha said he would be open to a move to barca if guardiola wanted him.

Manchester United are ready to battle it out with Real Madrid for the £45m transfer of Valencia forward David Villa. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are leading the race to sign Portsmouth's Glen Johnson for £18m, with the right-back also wanted by Liverpool and Manchester City.
(Full story: The Sun)

But Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is still hopeful of landing England defender Johnson. (Daily Express)

And it would appear that Anfield is Johnson's preferred destination.
(Full story:Daily Mail)

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson appears to have failed in his attempts to keep striker Carlos Tevez at the club.
(Full story: The Independent)

Tottenham have been put off Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni after learning the size of his wages at the German club.
(Full story: Daily Mail)

Roque Santa Cruz says he has a clause in his contract that would allow the striker to leave Blackburn for over £20m.

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has pleaded with manager Arsene Wenger to buy a midfield hard-man this summer.

And Fabregas believes that Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure would be the perfect signing for the Gunners.
(Full story: Daily Star)

Fabregas also says he would be open to a move to Champions League winners Barcelona.
(Fullstory: Daily Mail)

Former Real Madrid star Zinedine Zidane has told Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery to reject a move to Manchester United and join the Spanish sideinstead.
(Full story: DailyMail)

Bolton are leading the race to sign Qatar-based striker Moumouni Dagano.
(Full story:The Independent)

West Brom keeper Paul Robinson has said he is keen to follow manager Tony Mowbray to Celtic.

Mowbray could also take midfielder Borja Valero and former loan striker Marc-Antoine Fortune, who has returned to AS Nancy, with him to Celtic Park in thesummer. (Daily Mirror)

Barnsley have slapped a £1m price tag on midfielder Anderson da Silva. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham are lining up Standard Liege centre-back Oguchi Onyewu. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

The takeover of Portsmouth is in doubt, with buyer Sulaiman Al Fahim facing questions over his suitability.

Former Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has insisted he has nothing to do with the proposed takeover of Pompey.
(Full story: Daily Star)

A consortium from the United States has emerged as the favourite to buy Newcastle from owner Mike Ashley.
(Full story: TheIndependent)

Former Leeds manager Gary McAllister says he wants to return to Motherwell as boss.

Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson says he has no intention of selling the recently relegated club.

Paul Ince has said he is hopeful of taking advantage of the current series of management moves. (Daily Mirror)

But Aidy Boothroyd and Alan Irvine are front-runners to take over from Celtic-bound Tony Mowbray at West Brom.
(Full story:Daily Mail)

AND FINALLY
Bolton will offload Blerim Dzemaili to Torino, with the Swiss midfielder failing to make a single appearance for the club in a two-yearspell. (Full story: The Sun)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I think that we should all ignore the David Villa rumors for a couple of weeks...his move wont be finalized until the end of the Confeds Cup.

Word. Same with Tevez. He can't sign anywhere till July 1 and I'm sure it will take longer than that given how long it took United to get him. His"ownership group" are A-Holes, and I'm certain will try to squeeze every last pound from whatever club wants him.

Manchester United are ready to battle it out with Real Madrid for the £45m transfer of Valencia forward David Villa. (Daily Mirror)
yeah,jack his price up...
laugh.gif

honestly,i think Utd's just messing with Real...i really dont think Sir Alex wants him...

2345 BST: Bayern Munich receive approaches for striker Franck Ribery from Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

'These are big names, but Franck has a contract with us and will be staying in Munich," said Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. (Full story: Daily Mail website)

2305 BST: West Ham reach a deal with Inter Milan to sign Chilean striker Luis Jimenez, with an announcement expected to be made later this week. (Full story:Daily Telegraph website)

2129 BST: Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas denies reports he would go to Barcelona if he received a call from Barca coach PepGuardiola.

"I've never said that. I would be really happy (to get a call from Guardiola) because Guardiola has been my sporting idol forever, and ifhe called me it would be a big thing," Fabregas told Radio Marca.

"You need to be responsible not to fall into these sorts of traps." (Press Association)

1707 BST: Atletico Madrid have not received any offers for Argentine star Sergio Aguero, a reported target of Chelsea, or Uruguayan striker DiegoForlan.

"No club or representative has been in touch. We don't have offers for our players ... we don't want to sell," Atletico Madrid presidentEnrique Cerezo Cerezo told the club's website "I think our club could be being used to help close other transfer operations." (Full story: Atletico Madrid website)

1340 BST: Arsenal defender Gael Clichy has dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Spanish side Real Madrid. (Full story: Sky Sports News)

1236 BST: Blackburn Rovers are attempting to sign Chelsea striker Franco di Santo on loan. (Lancashire Telegraph)

1214 BST: Real Madrid's deal to sign David Villa has broken down and opened an opportunity for Chelsea and other interested clubs to sign theSpain international. (Full story:Daily Mail)

1145 BST: Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he has no intention of leaving the club, despite reported interest from Manchester United. (OfficialLiverpool website)

1045 BST: VfB Stuttgart are targeting Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. (Sky Sports)

1042 BST: Bolton are set to reignite their interest in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso. (Manchester Evening News)

1022 BST: Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch could be a target for Manchester City. (Manchester Evening News)

1007 BST: Manchester City are weighing up a loan offer from Fulham for striker Jo. (Manchester Evening News)

0953 BST: Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is closing in on Tottenham striker Darren Bent, Manchester City defender Richard Dunne and Wigan midfielderLee Cattermole. (The Northern Echo)

0936 BST: Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has slapped a staggering 90m euro price tag on striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Yo, thanks to all the guys who keep this thread going, much appreciated guys.
Exactly, every summer I have been following transfers, yall have been coming through with the rumors like clockwork. Very appreciated because Idon't even know how to go about finding this info.

I think Eto'o is not wanted by Pep.

Pep might want a much more hungrier foward (Zlatan)..

It doesn't seem like Samuel has been wanted by the club since maybe their last UCL title, just overly reluctant to sell him.

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has laughed off reports linking him with a move to Manchester United, saying he would never swap Anfield for Old Trafford.(Daily Star)
Full story: Daily Star website

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has launched a dramatic late bid to sign Carlos Tevez from under the noses of Manchester United and Manchester Cityin a £25m deal. (The Sun).
Full story: The Sun website

Ancelotti made the last-gasp approach personally after getting Tevez's phone number from fellow Argentina striker Hernan Crespo, who worked withAncelotti at AC Milan four years ago. (Daily Mail)
Full story: Daily Mail website

However, Manchester City remain favourites to sign Tevez as they are offering wages of £140,000 a week. (Daily Express) Full story: Daily Express website

Liverpool are also interested in the 25-year-old but their desire to spread the fee over the duration of Tevez's contract makes the deal less appealingto the striker's adviser Kia Joorabchian. (The Telegraph)

The Reds have, however, won the race to sign defender Glen Johnson from Portsmouth for a massive £19.5m. (The Sun)

Liverpool will have to finance the deal by selling defender Alvaro Arbeloa to Real Madrid for about £8m, while the fact that Portsmouth still owe the Reds£7m as part of the deal that took Peter Crouch to Fratton Park last summer will also reduce the overall fee. (Daily Express)
Full story: Daily Express website

Chelsea are closer to signing Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge, whose fee will be decided by a tribunal, and CSKA Moscow winger Yuri Zhirkovfor £15m. (Daily Express)
Full story: Daily Express website

However, Zhirkov has denied he is about to move to Stamford Bridge, claiming he wants to join Barcelona instead. (The Sun) Full story: The Sun website

Defender Ricardo Carvalho, meanwhile, has launched a parting shot at Chelsea as he nears a move to Inter Milan, claiming they "should havegiven me more support" during his time injured last season. (Daily Star)
Full story: Daily Star website

OTHER GOSSIP

West Brom have asked permission from Peterborough to talk to manager Darren Ferguson about succeeding Celtic-bound Tony Mowbray at the Hawthorns.(Daily Star)

The Baggies also have Preston manager Alan Irvine and St Johnstone boss Derek McInnes on their shortlist. (The Times)
Full story: The Times website

AND FINALLY
Manchester City forward Robinho has adopted a new weight-training programme in a bid to bulk up for the new season. "He looks like atoothpick with a pair of headphones on when he lifts a barbell," said a City source. (The Sun)

2345 BST: Bayern Munich receive approaches for striker Franck Ribery from Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
come on United,make it happen...
pimp.gif

gotta be honest though,i'd be disgusted if Bayern sells him for anything above 40mil...
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom