[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Can't wait for the press conferance.

I wish Lamar would sign already. I just couldn't see him anywhere else.

Rumor is the salary cap is going to drop even further next year. We have to give gasol a new deal here pretty soon. This is going to get ugly.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Haha ska...

Is there going to be a press conference to introduce him anytime soon?

LO just take the damn 8 mil...really LA or Portland, should this even be a question?
Press Conference is on ESPN @ 11:30 Pacific

Originally Posted by CP1708

cuz today is D day. (and no, D doesn't stand for defense buncha amateur wiseguys)
smh.gif
I can't wait to see Ron make you eat your words
pimp.gif

ESPN offseason moves ranking so far.

SA, Bos, Clev, and Orld all in the top 10, here's us........

23. Lakers
Key additions: Ron Artest

Key subtractions: Trevor Ariza

In limbo: Lamar Odom (U)

The Lakers ended the season on the ultimate high of winning a championship. But I haven't liked anything they've done since then.

On draft night they traded away the rights to Toney Douglas and Patrick Beverley for cash and future second-round picks, the argument being they needed to saveevery penny when trying to re-sign Ariza and Odom. Then they turned around and low-balled Ariza and then replaced him with Artest, one of the mostunpredictable players in the history of the game. And now the team is struggling to get Odom re-signed.

I know Artest is a talent, but he's unreliable. Why the Lakers would pass the torch from Ariza, who was just coming into his own, to Artest is a risk Ijust don't understand. And if somehow Odom decides to bolt for a team like Cleveland for the midlevel exception, the Lakers will have taken a big stepbackward.

Don't get me wrong: Even with Artest and without Odom, the Lakers would have a shot at winning it all again next year, but they would be much less of asure thing.

CP,

I understand that losing ariza may mess up the chemistry of the team, but what did you want them to do? Ariza was playing games so you sign a player that willget you 17 & 8 a game. I understand he is a bit of a wild card but I what REAL issues has he had since the palace brawl? Yeah he asked for some tme off fora record but he was on a squad that wasn't doing much. Since he has been in H town he has been alright in my book.

That ranking has us 23 but if we get Lamar back we have to be back in the top 10.

cuz today is D day. (and no, D doesn't stand for defense buncha amateur wiseguys)
smh.gif
pimp.gif

I'll be very sad when I see each and every one of you in here eating yours.
tired.gif

Hope you're right, and I'm not.

I guess if Detroit could turn Sheed around, maybe we can turn Artest. But notice how the Sheed love lasted one year. I don't want just one year, I wantmultiple, I'm greedy like that. Keeping Ron in check may last for one year, good luck it holdin out for all 3 especially if/when Phil leaves. Then whatguys?

At least give the guy a chance CP. I mean seriously before the playoffs started and you were given a choice or Artest or Trev, who would you have taken? Trevmay go on to do great things, but we have fallen into the trap of falling in love with guys that play well for a series *cough Sasha cough* or even for most ofa season *cough Luke cough*. Besides Trev obviously didn't want to be in LA anymore, otherwise he wouldn't have taken the same amount LA offered him tosign in Houston, he wants to be "the guy" not a role player and all the more power to him, we'll see if he can back it up.

Ron hasn't been in any trouble the last few years and from what he says looks like he's hungry to win a ring, Phil and Kobe will be able to handle himand assuming we get LO back, we are better than we were this year no doubt.

Artest replica (not swingman) jerseys we be avalible next week. I'm lookin for a name/number tee instead. Might get the jersey to workout in.

smh.gif
pimp.gif

I'll be very sad when I see each and every one of you in here eating yours.
tired.gif

Hope you're right, and I'm not.

I guess if Detroit could turn Sheed around, maybe we can turn Artest. But notice how the Sheed love lasted one year. I don't want just one year, I want multiple, I'm greedy like that. Keeping Ron in check may last for one year, good luck it holdin out for all 3 especially if/when Phil leaves. Then what guys?
If Kobe and Phil leave, then LA would have a problem.

Ron gets puppy eyed whenever talking about Kob

ESPN offseason moves ranking so far.

SA, Bos, Clev, and Orld all in the top 10, here's us........

23. Lakers
Key additions: Ron Artest

Key subtractions: Trevor Ariza

In limbo: Lamar Odom (U)

The Lakers ended the season on the ultimate high of winning a championship. But I haven't liked anything they've done since then.

On draft night they traded away the rights to Toney Douglas and Patrick Beverley for cash and future second-round picks, the argument being they needed to save every penny when trying to re-sign Ariza and Odom. Then they turned around and low-balled Ariza and then replaced him with Artest, one of the most unpredictable players in the history of the game. And now the team is struggling to get Odom re-signed.

I know Artest is a talent, but he's unreliable. Why the Lakers would pass the torch from Ariza, who was just coming into his own, to Artest is a risk I just don't understand. And if somehow Odom decides to bolt for a team like Cleveland for the midlevel exception, the Lakers will have taken a big step backward.

Don't get me wrong: Even with Artest and without Odom, the Lakers would have a shot at winning it all again next year, but they would be much less of a sure thing.

Who wrote that?

I don't see why people think Artest isn't a good move. I think Trevor was probably better suited for us but we got a better overalll player for lessmoney. He hasn't given his teams too much of a problem recently. At this point, I think he will do more good than harm.

I think you guys are forgetting why it is I don't care for Artest.

I don't care about the brawl. I don't care about record deals, or crazy hair-do's. I'm not overly concerned about chemistry. I joke aboutthem, I use them against him, but my opinion on Ron Artest isn't based on that stuff at all. Those are just extra bullets in the chamber.

Here is what I care about

40 percent 40 percent 43 percent 41 percent 42 percent 42 percent 38 percent 44 percent 45 percent, and 40 percent. for a careerof 42 percent. From a "star" that shoots 15 times a game.

Plus a guy his size and his strength, and he gets less rebounds then Kobe, a guard.
sick.gif

He's been with 4 teams, none of them win anything of merit. A good young Bulls squad, though too young, I know.
A very very very good Pacers team, he wasted them away
A kings team that was good, then no longer was good when he was there.
And a Houston team, that if he wasn't the main guy for the last 4 games, they might have beaten us. All his falling away 27 footers were exactly what theLakers needed to beat Houston.

The man may be talented, but he's a waste of NBA space. How many 40 percents for ENTIRE SEASONS do you need to look at before you see he is a veryoverrated player? AI shoots 40 percent, and gets 30. Ron shoots 40 percent and gets 15. And we're happy about this?
grin.gif

So that is my beef. If he did all this quiet, that would be one thing, but no, every other day or so he will open his big mouth and spout off about nothingthat matters and have the Lakers on the front page of every story, headline, show opening around, all so he can hear himself talk. But he'll never everever mention he shoots 40 percent.

I will.

Mitch called him at 12:01??????

Something doesn't add up. If we liked Ariza so much why are we calling Artest at 12:01?

Originally Posted by tupac003

Mitch called him at 12:01??????

Something doesn't add up. If we liked Ariza so much why are we calling Artest at 12:01?

His agent probably dropped hints about getting more than MLE.

i thought it was clear already that we told trev that we were only going to offer the mle..im sure trevs brilliant agent said F' that so why wouldnt mitchgive ron a call and see where he stands just in case. what happens if we DONT call ron and we end up losing trev to because his feelings were hurt.... come onfellas stop trying to make something where there is nothing

Back
Top Bottom