[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Mamba...I was trying to say that if you're not going to take a paycut to help the team sign the two players that helped a tremendous amount, please don't come in for more money. I understand that those are future years, but the time should have been spent signing LO and TA.

GREED & SELFISHNESS...The downfall of many teams and players' careers

Maybe Ariza realizes there will be problems blocking a repeat regarding a part time coach...in that case, signing with CLE for the same amount makes sense IMO

I don't get why he would go to any other team

stop it! One monkey dont stop no show, just because LO and Trevs agents are shopping around doesnt mean Kobes has to too. During this "time" that youspeak of Trev and LO could have agreed to contracts just as easy as Kobe did.

lol its going to be funny next season once the season starts and trevor becomes a bum on another team... "thank god we dint pay him " "dude is abum"

like i stated, dude is not worth more than 5 mill a year... he did good for one year and may i add a contract year and lets name a couple that we paid becausethey did really good their contract year...

Luke and Sasha.. Sasha played really well a year ago. especially the finals and no one here said he should be payed as much as trevor and he basically playedthe same way as trevor..

i say let trevor go and pay odom...

its easier to find a replacement for someone of Ariza Caliber than it is to replace someone of ODOM's caliber.. true story.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ariza wants an extra mil, mil and a half a year and we can't do it. But hey, at least we were able to give Kobe his 5 million a year raise in the twilight of his career. No need for 24 year olds still improving to be signed.

indifferent.gif
QFT

And I'm still not a big fan of signing Artest. We all saw in the Houston series that he has one of the worst shot selections in the league.
True, but let's not forget that he was on a Rockets team as one of their top scorers. In LA he doesn't need to do that.

--Ariza wont be back. I think we can all expect that.
--I appreciate what dude did for the Lakers in their championship season, but he is replaceable.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Man, if Houston or Detroit are going to rebuild Mitch better make a call for Battier or Prince.
I would love to have Battier.

As for Ariza, if it's true that he won't take the MLE from us but will from Cleveland or someone else, I don't even want him. I felt that Lamarshould be the priority in the first place.

although he was a big part in the chip, he is replaceable.... hey how about sasha start playing and earning his paycheck?

although he was a big part in the chip, he is replaceable.... hey how about sasha start playing and earning his paycheck?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

if we dont get artest...is it true we can make a run at prince?...is he a free agent too?
No, he is not a free agent. It would have to be a trade of some sort.

Wings90 wrote:
Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Man, if Houston or Detroit are going to rebuild Mitch better make a call for Battier or Prince.
I would love to have Battier.

As for Ariza, if it's true that he won't take the MLE from us but will from Cleveland or someone else, I don't even want him. I felt that Lamar should be the priority in the first place.

I hope that's not true
sick.gif

edit: How would Rudy Fernandez fit? I know he's not the defender that we need but I always saw him hitting big 3s. (Just an idea if we can't getanyone better)

sick.gif
sick.gif
At the thought of Ariza leaving.

I can't be mad at him for taking more money than what the Lakers can offer him.

Trevor is either staying here for the MLE or going to TOR or POR for his $8 million a year deal.

God dammit!!!!!! A 2 million difference????
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I picture Turkoglu signing with the Blazers.

So that leaves TOR with the big money, but why would he want to go there.

As Of Now. Im hearing that if Ariza Leaves, we're tryna replace him with either Artest, Prince, im even hearing STAT and Zach Randolph (which would havehim being trading twice in one week like Q-Rich).

The most serious one im talking about is Artest, and they're even hyping it up about how he was at the Lakers games after we beat them and what not..

I really hope Ariza stays tho. He would be dumb to take the same money we're offering to go to cavs, where he will not start and leave his hometown, thegreat weather, TV time, and exposure. He would be like a 5-6 option on the cavs.. Lebron, Shaq, Mo Iigauskas, Delonte West, Gibson, then maybe him. Instead ofKobe, Pau, Odom/Ariza, that would make him the 3th or 4th option. he is crazy

If him and Odom take pay cuts, they'll get there money back later down the road, maybe next season, def. the following. The Lakers would then have to timeto reconstruct other players deals and make room to properly pay everyone.

I think jerry and mitch scared to sign him to a crazy deal and he ends up like Walton (injury prone), Sasha (didn't live up the the hype/bonus/contractrenewal, Bynum (injury prone last TWO seasons, but is showing improvement), farmar (just didn't show up in the playoffs)

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

As Of Now. Im hearing that if Ariza Leaves, we're tryna replace him with either Artest, Prince, im even hearing STAT and Zach Randolph (which would have him being trading twice in one week like Q-Rich).
Seriously, who makes this ridiculous @#$% up?

Really? Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Stat on the same team? How? We gonna trade one our core guys to get Stat, because Ariza left?
eyes.gif

We want Zach Randolph? Really?

Artest and Prince I at least understand, but come on with these rumors.
smh.gif

No damn way we go after a power forward if we lose Ariza.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

As Of Now. Im hearing that if Ariza Leaves, we're tryna replace him with either Artest, Prince, im even hearing STAT and Zach Randolph (which would have him being trading twice in one week like Q-Rich).

The most serious one im talking about is Artest, and they're even hyping it up about how he was at the Lakers games after we beat them and what not..

I really hope Ariza stays tho. He would be dumb to take the same money we're offering to go to cavs, where he will not start and leave his hometown, the great weather, TV time, and exposure. He would be like a 5-6 option on the cavs.. Lebron, Shaq, Mo Iigauskas, Delonte West, Gibson, then maybe him. Instead of Kobe, Pau, Odom/Ariza, that would make him the 3th or 4th option. he is crazy

If him and Odom take pay cuts, they'll get there money back later down the road, maybe next season, def. the following. The Lakers would then have to time to reconstruct other players deals and make room to properly pay everyone.

I think jerry and mitch scared to sign him to a crazy deal and he ends up like Walton (injury prone), Sasha (didn't live up the the hype/bonus/contract renewal, Bynum (injury prone last TWO seasons, but is showing improvement), farmar (just didn't show up in the playoffs)

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
DEAR MITCH, PLEASE KEEP ZACH RANDOLPH AS FAR AWAY FROM THE LAKERS ASPOSSIBLE. WE ARE TRYING TO REPEAT THIS YEAR AND HAVE NO TIME FOR CANCERS. THANK YOU.

DONT DO IT MITCH!!!

I know exactly what I thought, but maybe they're tryna get them to construct some type of three team+ deal to get somebody else... we def. dont needanymore big men (4 or 5). We need a lengthly 3 or a big/long 2 guard.

I know exactly what I thought, but maybe they're tryna get them to construct some type of three team+ deal to get somebody else... we def. dont needanymore big men (4 or 5). We need a lengthly 3 or a big/long 2 guard.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I picture Turkoglu signing with the Blazers.

So that leaves TOR with the big money, but why would he want to go there.

i saw on espn that rudy is upset with the pursuit of turkoglu and i hope he continues being upset. maybe rudy and pau teaming up in the near future?

Back
Top Bottom