[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Who would yall rather see in the Finals next year? Boston or Cleveland or maybe Orlando again?

I personally want to see Cleveland, it would be CRAZZZZYYY!!!

- Lakers going for that repeat

- Lakers going for that 16th ring, just one away from Boston

- Lakers making 3rd straight Finals appearance (with 3 different teams)

- Phil Jackson's going for his 11th ring

- Kobe vs. Lebron (everybody wants to see who really is the best)

- Kobe vs Shaq (fighting for that 5th ring)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Maaaaan, got my mouth all waterin over here and you's just tellin jokes?
smh.gif

Ain't right man, ain't right.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Soon as KB starts readin down the page and sees that, people gonna be hearin "CLEAR!!" as they try to revive him.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Ya'll ain't right with them Sasha trade jokes.

I already had a parade route in mind.

*Goes back into cave to hybernate*

That black alternate has some potential....I don't quite like the current look of it, but a little work and that could be fire
pimp.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

This ain't JoJo Simmons and his boyfriends (Team Blackout).

This is the Los Angeles Lakers, the classic gold ones & whites are too fresh.

We also got an insane winning steak with those whites.

I personally want BOS or CLE

Going to be a long road to the Finals though, especially if Kobe is just a jumpshooter now. *Prays that he gets his legs back* Especially if LA can'tretain all three of their FA's

Spurs are going to be flat out scary once they fill out the holes on the bench
DEN isn't losing anyone except maybe Klieza.
POR is going to be one year older
If NO's owner will actually spend some damn $ they'd also be flat out scary

Holden reported in the rumor thread that the Lakers weren't going to offer too much to Odom, they want to avoid the cap hits as much as possible. Theywere going to try and focus on Ariza.

Well, according to RealGM..........

Trevor Ariza's agent David Lee said Monday that the Lakers won't receive a hometown discount from his client.
Lee declined to reveal how much of a raise Ariza will seek when he becomes an unrestricted free agent, but he said his client should make him the most coveted wing player on the market.

Among the teams Lee expects to pursue Ariza are Detroit, Portland and Toronto.

"It's a question of how committed the Lakers are to competing again," Lee said. "If everyone else stood still, you could see what happens when a piece is missing, but the reality is teams out there are positioning themselves to be competitive. When other teams are getting better, you can't afford to rest on your laurels."

smh.gif

Yeah, I read that earlier too.

That's really expected, since Ariza is younger and beasted during the post-season.

His agent is just hyping him up trying to get the most coin for his client, I don't blame him.

I seriously see someone like Mark Cuban tryna swoop up T.A

That's why I wanted the Lakers to draft an athletic wing-player just in case this happened.

Best case scenario: Ariza re-signs and we have a young wing-player who can sit on the bench and learn.
Worst case scenario: Ariza signs somewhere else and has a capable player who can possibly step up and play minutes.

I'm still wondering how Sun Yue got a 2-yr deal, that #%!+ is beyond me.

Ariza would be scary in Portland. If he goes anywhere I hope its to the east. I wonder is it Ariza that said no to a hometown discoun or his agent.

Hometown discount or not he certainly doesn't deserve over 9

If any team pays him over 9 Mitch would be smart not to do that IMO

I don't doubt that Trev can become a more complete swingman but no more Sasha type signings where a guy has a good season and you give him instant cash

Ariza would be scary in Portland. If he goes anywhere I hope its to the east. I wonder is it Ariza that said no to a hometown discount or his agent.

I see it this way.

We have about a 3-4 year window to keep chasing a ring. Fisher will be long gone, Kobe will be done, Pau will be pretty close to done, Odom as well.

Bynum, Ariza, Farmar, Sasha, Walton will be in their primes if they all remain with us.

At this point, as with any team, it will be time to start anew. We should have plenty of money off the books with those vets bein done, and we would stillhave a nice peice or two to build around if Bynum, or Ariza, or Farmar reach their full potential.

So we need to blow thru the luxury tax, not worry about bad deals for the next 3-4 years, win as much as we possibly can, and then when Kobe and Pau are closeto done, we can re-build on the fly, much as we started in 05. We can't worry about Ariza turning into Sasha, or just letting Odom go over 5-6-7 milliondollars. We have to keep pushing. Who knows, maybe we get lucky again and someone eventually takes a guy like Walton off our books in a deal and we get ayoung guy like we did this year with Shannon who makes a leap with proven vets around him. (not sayin it will happen, but if I said same about vlad last year,would you have beleived me then?)

Odom and Ariza MUST BE KEPT. At all costs. I hope to God that someone is saying this inside Lakers HQ. They would be fools to take the one title and call itquits. Fools.

If Ariza really does get 10 mil a year then
laugh.gif
let him walk, no way should a role player command that much. I mean unless he plays with a superstar thatcommands a double team, he won't be effective, for one he can't dribble at all. I would like to resign LO and go after Artest as well.

Originally Posted by AJ33

Well, if we lose Ariza we could still sign Odom, and go after Artest.
CP ya never know man.. Ron has said he wants another big pay day, but who really knows.

With the Yao situation.. that could very well be good for LA. IMO there's now way Ron wants to stay in that mess for years to come..

Ariza leaves for a big payday, Artest comes over for the MLE.. Odom decides to stay for a doable salary since they're close

I could see that happening

If the Lakers can't re-sign Trevor to a reasonable contract, they should sign Grant Hill.
Phoenix+Suns+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+B03GGQHtz94l.jpg

He'd be an ideal stop gap at SF. He can still chip in 10-12 points a game while setting up the offense and playing decent defense. I don't think hecommand more than $2-3M either.

His agent is just hyping him up trying to get the most coin for his client, I don't blame him.

I seriously see someone like Mark Cuban tryna swoop up T.A

All he has available is the MLE. The Lakers would love to be able to sign Ariza to a contract like that.

Like Hedo's agent, Ariza's agent is just using the teams with cap space as leverage.

Well, if we lose Ariza we could still sign Odom, and go after Artest.

Hopefully Odom will want to stay and Artest will still be available. That was part of Ariza's agent's statement, don't wait for the market to setthe price or Ariza may not be available.

Back
Top Bottom