[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by bright nikes

LO would be straight BLUNTED if he wanted to leave beautiful Los Angeles for Detroit
sick.gif
sick.gif

money talks though
grin.gif

I have a feeling LO doesn't leave unless he just gets smacked in the face with money, either from Detroit with too much or from us with too little.

but they (LO or ariza) would be dumb to go because most likely they will be a sub or below 500. team and not be any where near in contention for a ring, incomparison to the LAKERS. at least that's how i see
eyes.gif

Dont know if this is posted. Link

black_feature.jpg

[h1]Los Angeles Lakers: New Black Uniforms in The Future?[/h1]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/205722-los-angeles-lakers-new-black-uniforms-in-the-future Imagine if the Lakers introduced an alternate black jersey, to occasionally wear on "big time" road games. How intimidating would the Lakers be marching into T.D. Banknorth Garden with a dominating black, trimmed with traditional purple and gold?
With strong talks of the Celtics introducing a new alternate jersey for home, (one that would be similar in design to their alternate away uniforms) nothing would be better for the Lakers than to introduce a new black jersey. (No design or print changed whatsoever)

Now many "traditionalists" are probably screaming their lungs out right now, but remember it's not a complete jersey overhaul. The Lakers' away purple jerseys would still dominate for much of the season, but a touch of black here and there would not hurt.

Again to those traditionalists, the Lakers have changed the design of their jerseys five times since moving to L.A.

Most would agree that those changes have ultimately made the Lakers' uniforms better.

Change is indeed good.

As we head into the next decade, a fresh, black alternate jersey for the Lakers would do wonders.

Besides, just how good does the black, purple, and gold look?

I think these jerseys would look pretty sick. The added black is a nice touch.

Hell no to those jerseys.

I'm biased though since I never really liked their new ones anyway.

Please go back to the old jerseys

Originally Posted by Ryda421

but they (LO or ariza) would be dumb to go because most likely they will be a sub or below 500. team and not be any where near in contention for a ring, in comparison to the LAKERS. at least that's how i see
eyes.gif
look at players like Joey Porter, who left the season after winning the SB or players like Alvin Harper (1992-1993 cowboys)
it happened many times before in history and it's more than likely to happen in the future too
frown.gif

Well, maybe not to replace the current road jerseys entirely. Just as another alternative they can use for some road games.

Something like wearing it for Friday games. Black Fridays...
pimp.gif

TO EACH HIS OWN....

But those alternate black jerseys are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
IMO....

I'd cop one quicker than a .4 gamewinner...Seriously

i wasn't a fan of the v-necks at first either when they first came out. i thought it was funny how nike made variations for their teams (lakers, mavs,pistons, etc). but i'll take the 70's/80's style jerseys any day!!!

Don't really like those kind of black alternates. The only black Lakers jersey that I liked was this one which they never wore.

kobe-slam.jpg

Agreed youngpnoi. Those black jerseys were nice IMO. I don't really like the one pictured. Looks like a fake to me. Once I see an actual adidas product Imight change my mind.

Whelp, almost went on a killing spree on Saturday.

After I got off work decided to head over to the only decent mall we have around here to check out the sports store and see if they had anything Laker relatedI could pick up. (rarely ever do)

I was able to find a pennant and a shot glass and a poster of the Lakers logo, thas about it. But as I'm walkin around, I notice something.

It don't look quite right.......

It's.......what is that??????

Looking.....

It's a Blazers hat...................PURPLE AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indifferent.gif

It is a damn good thing I don't carry a gun cuz it woulda gone off for sure. I asked the manager dude behind the counter, "what the ____ isthat?"
He just laughed, and said "yeah......."

Swear to God, I feel like Chester designed that hat or some @#$%, just to piss me off.

A purple and gold BLAZERS hat?
sick.gif
grin.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

The Lakers shouldn't change the jerseys for another few years. Maybe when Kobe retires or something.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

black_feature.jpg

[h1]Los Angeles Lakers: New Black Uniforms in The Future?[/h1]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/205722-los-angeles-lakers-new-black-uniforms-in-the-futureImagine if the Lakers introduced an alternate black jersey, to occasionally wear on "big time" road games. How intimidating would the Lakers be marching into T.D. Banknorth Garden with a dominating black, trimmed with traditional purple and gold?
With strong talks of the Celtics introducing a new alternate jersey for home, (one that would be similar in design to their alternate away uniforms) nothing would be better for the Lakers than to introduce a new black jersey. (No design or print changed whatsoever)

Now many "traditionalists" are probably screaming their lungs out right now, but remember it's not a complete jersey overhaul. The Lakers' away purple jerseys would still dominate for much of the season, but a touch of black here and there would not hurt.

Again to those traditionalists, the Lakers have changed the design of their jerseys five times since moving to L.A.

Most would agree that those changes have ultimately made the Lakers' uniforms better.

Change is indeed good.

As we head into the next decade, a fresh, black alternate jersey for the Lakers would do wonders.

eek.gif

I like the idea, as long as it's not every game. We already have the gold, the purple, and now white's on Sunday. So this would be a 4th uni in therotation over a 6 month season, plus postseason, that's not so bad.

Only thing I might change is the purple on the side, make that all black, and hell, maybe even change the gold stripe and collar to purple, so it's more ofa black and purple jersey with the gold highlights on the lettering and numbers.

They tweak this a bit, and it could be
pimp.gif

It it October yet?
frown.gif
I got a basketball jones.

Why yall trippin on the black alt? that jersey is fire!

You can't go wrong with a Black Alternate jersey, because the purple and gold accents would set that jersey off.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

black_feature.jpg

[h1]Los Angeles Lakers: New Black Uniforms in The Future?[/h1]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/205722-los-angeles-lakers-new-black-uniforms-in-the-future Imagine if the Lakers introduced an alternate black jersey, to occasionally wear on "big time" road games. How intimidating would the Lakers be marching into T.D. Banknorth Garden with a dominating black, trimmed with traditional purple and gold?

Change is indeed good.

I don't like them they remind me of

Sacramento-Kings-Toss-Pillow-21551452742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom