2008 Australian Open

Tsonga is still another level. He's making it look so easy against Rafa, now lets see if he can keep it up the rest of the match.

correction, he's making nadal look like an 8 year old girl.

playing with incredible strength and confidence. wow

lol. wow. this kid is ridiculous.

i want djokovic to do well, but it would be crazy fun to a tsonga vs federer final

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Really wanted to see Daniela win this one, but the better player did win. Ana is not looking good (play-wise) so her chances are slim to none that she'll beat Maria (who is looking good play-wise among other things).

Not going to be watching the Tsonga and Nadal match, but I'm still sticking to my prediction, Tsonga in 4.
nerd.gif

See you guys tomorrow for Djoko and Fed...
How wrong you were....Tsonga actually won in 3.
laugh.gif

seems like you and i were one of the few up at this ungodly hour catching this sick display of tennis

tsonga just killed it throughout the entire game. he embarrassed nadal. nothing more to be said.

that was ill.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Really wanted to see Daniela win this one, but the better player did win. Ana is not looking good (play-wise) so her chances are slim to none that she'll beat Maria (who is looking good play-wise among other things).

Not going to be watching the Tsonga and Nadal match, but I'm still sticking to my prediction, Tsonga in 4.
nerd.gif

See you guys tomorrow for Djoko and Fed...
How wrong you were....Tsonga actually won in 3.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I wish I could say my prediction was based on true analysis, butafter Baghdatis and Gonzo made it to the Finals the past couple years, I knew a dark horse would come through on one end. And since no one would be surprisedif either Djoko or Federer made it, Tsonga was the only logical choice.
Too bad I didn't see the match, but that score looks nasty. Especially sinceRafa hadn't lost a set all tournament. All is still well with Nadal though, he looked good playing the two weeks and doesn't seem to have any illeffects from the knee injury he had last year.

I'm pretty hyped for tonight's match though. Rematch of last year's USO Final and a potential classic. I'm talking about 2005 AO SemifinalSafin/ Federer 5 set epic status. I'm obviously expecting 5 sets, with the fifth set going into double digits. Winner? No f'n idea. Whoever winsthough, I doubt the final will be as easy as I initially thought. Youth finally served in men's tennis. Gotta love it.

Yes wow!

Ana v Maria is probably the sexiest match of the Aussie Open.

No one will ever top Anna K though.

Just finished watching the replay of the match on ESPN 360. Unbelievable tennis by Tsonga. Rafa didn't play bad at all, Jo just came out and blasted himoff the court. Not going to jump on the bandwagon just yet, but that showing against Nadal was very impressive. This is even more of a reason for me to wantFederer to win, seeing how Tsonga can handle the King. And even if not, a Djokovic and Tsonga matchup is just as appealing as well. I hate the evening matchesin Australia because of the time difference, but I'll of course be up for that one.

I forced myself to stay up for this one; it better fit the bill. Or maybe I'm hoping for a straight set match so I can go to sleep.
laugh.gif

I don't have class tomorrow, but that's not the point.

is fed-djok on like right now?
pimp.gif

ive hated chokovic forever since i saw him, throwing the racket like that and causing a ruckus=unappreciated.

i didn't like federer at first when he first came into the game, but after seeing him just dominate like that, i can't do anything but respect andbecome a fan.

is fed-djok on like right now?
pimp.gif

Just about to start.

ive hated chokovic forever since i saw him, throwing the racket like that and causing a ruckus=unappreciated.

i didn't like federer at first when he first came into the game, but
after seeing him just dominate like that, i can't do anything but
respect and
become a fan.
Agreed, except for the becoming a fan of Federer's part. I completely respect him, but I root against him often and am by no means "afan".
laugh.gif

Too good.

Back
Top Bottom