2008 Australian Open

Does anybody know what U.S. Open ticket prices are like?

Here's a site with more reasonable prices: http://www.tickco.com/sports_tennis_us_open_tickets.htm Though there are times when the US Open does have some promotions with REALLY cheap prices. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before but they had tickets for Arthur Ashe Stadium for $10 on Ticketmaster. You could even get tickets for the semifinals if you acted fast enough on the deal.
I can't speak from experience, but from my understanding you may not even be able to see the ball at the top of that stadium. It's huge. Although I am assuming that the $10 tickets are at the top, just a warning for you guys if you're thinking about making a weekend out of it.

Djokovic/Hewlitt replay on tv right now. Djokovic seems like a fun guy to hang with. Hewitt not so much. That's why he's a loser.

^Djokovic and Nadal are going to run the ATP for years once Federer starts to slow down. They're so young and already in the Top 5, not to mentionNadal's athleticism and strength. It's really scary that Djokovic is only 20 years old...

After watching a little of the Australian Open, federer is amazing.. my tennis friends are always talking about how good is he..but he is in another LEAGUE!

Serena has a tough match with Jankovic. Jankovic gets alot of stuff back so Serena will have to have a clean match to win.

Serena: out.

frown.gif

C'mon Ve', bring it back to the states.

Just saw the last couple of games of the match. Nice win for Jelena, but really didn't watch enough to see what exactly happened.

With all that said, I'm sure Serena will give us a thorough breakdown of why she played so badly and how her opponent deserves zero credit.
laugh.gif

This was the worst match Serena has played in awhile. She should've saved those 15 aces she had for today. Jankovic did what she had to to get the W.

What a first set.. really thought Henin would push it to a tiebreak, but Maria is real looking tough out there. Very high quality tennis so far. Hope Justinecan rally back and win it in 3.

I'm a big Henin fan, but Sharapova is my favorite female tennis player so I was really looking forward to this match. Sharapova has surpassed myexpectations tonight.

That was the best I've ever saw Sharapova played. She had everything working for her and completely dominated Henin in every facet of the game.

Sharapova looked strong. Tough to see a player like Henin go in two straight sets like that, but her time has passed. Maria S. looks good this open. Herchances to take it all are the strongest imo.

Here's Djokovic doing his Sharapova impersonation from two days ago

Bonus clip:

That's a joke
laugh.gif
... ain't nobody looking for Sharapova. She stands no chance in her side of the draw. NONE. Especially after I saw her play last week.... Venus tore her to shreds.

Either Venus, Justine or Serena win this. After looking at the draw a few days ago, I gotta call a Justine/Serena semi and a Venus/Chatvedezve (sp?)

Don't say I didn't tell you so. Who are you taking now buddy?
wink.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ the beatdown Tsonga put on Youzhny. Even with Tsonga playing exceptionally well I thought Youzhny would still be able to handle him sincehe's been close to top form. Nadal's going to have a touch match against Tsonga.

i haven't been following tennis much lately, do Venus and Serena suck now? and Andy Roddick too?

smh.gif
at the US

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i haven't been following tennis much lately, do Venus and Serena suck now? and Andy Roddick too?

smh.gif
at the US

Roddick- Yes
Serena- You never know what you get from her tournament to tournament. When she's good she's really good and when she's badshe's really bad.

Venus- Much like Serena. When she plays how she's capable of playing she's really good but when she doesn't she's terrible.

Roddick was never good.

Dude relied on his serve too much in his prime and waited too late to improve his game, now it's showing.

Back
Top Bottom