20 Years of being a sneakerhead

That's dope!
pimp.gif
my how times have changed since then. Seems as if everything was on a more personal level back then before all this easy get-in-touch technology we have now days. Nice design by the way! Especially for a 13yr old.
pimp.gif

Nice! Reminds me of the time I wrote Pete Sampras and got back an autographed picture...

Nice! Reminds me of the time I wrote Pete Sampras and got back an autographed picture...

This is really interesting, I doubt Nike would respond now a days though
30t6p3b.gif

Nice artwork, especially for a 13 year old. I bet the envelope they mailed back to you is worth quite a bit of money itself, looks vintage.

This is really interesting, I doubt Nike would respond now a days though
30t6p3b.gif

Nice artwork, especially for a 13 year old. I bet the envelope they mailed back to you is worth quite a bit of money itself, looks vintage.

Interesting read..I really like the design you drew up,whatever you are doing you are in the wrong career!please be a shoe designer lol

Interesting read..I really like the design you drew up,whatever you are doing you are in the wrong career!please be a shoe designer lol

To those that asked I'm currently doing user experience design for digital products/software.  Though I did start out in college in industrial design, I graduated in graphic communication design, and ended up working for a lot of the web 1.0 companies.  If you've bought or sold vintage shoes online, you've probably experienced some of my work. If you owned a phone in the pre-smart phone era there's a good change you've experienced some of my work.  Nowadays...  when you book your next vacation, there's a chance you'll be doing it with a product I designed
smile.gif

It's also interesting that at the last few places I've working I always run into at least one other sneakerhead!

Incidentally, Nike's graphic design from that era was just as groundbreaking and inspirational to me as a designer. One of my favorite was stuff Neville Brody did for them in the "golden era":

neville-brody002.jpg

nice post man, great stuff. Very interesting to see how their responses differ then as opposed to now. Nice design too, I wish NIKE still made shoes that looked like that.

Nice read...Man I wish I could have done that stuff at 13. I drew mostly X-Men and MArvel character and sold em to my classmates lol. I wanted to draw, but ended up aith an accountign degree doing tech work. Dont ask me, it just how life works out

Originally Posted by one2manykix

Nice read...Man I wish I could have done that stuff at 13. I drew mostly X-Men and MArvel character and sold em to my classmates lol. I wanted to draw, but ended up aith an accountign degree doing tech work. Dont ask me, it just how life works out

Yep, the more you try to plan the more it take you in other directions.    Shoot, I drew shoes (and stereos) because I COULDnT draw creatures, superheroes and people!

pimp.gif
Man great post.
It's funny that you did this @ 13 because I began drawing sneakers at that age (well probably 12,but it's close enough).I wish I still had those sketches though.

Back
Top Bottom