14 Dead, 50 Hurt In Batman Movie Shooting

the fact that people can buy guns so easily is what caused this. if it would be more difficult to buy guns and ammo, you think he'd be able to kill so many people?

even though it is in the constitution, **** like this only happens in the US, not anywhere else
How do you really make it harder to buy a gun?

Its JUST money.

300 is nothing if you make it say 1000. Thats just a longer time period.

If you want it, youll still get it.

How did the police or any authorities not view this man as a threat and fill him with as many bullets as humanly possible???!!!
In a situation like this no criminal/suspect shoul've been apprehended.... This dude shouldve left the scene in a body bag.

I'm trying to figure this out too. Dude went COD on an entire theatre and leaves without a scratch on him. :smh:

the fact that people can buy guns so easily is what caused this. if it would be more difficult to buy guns and ammo, you think he'd be able to kill so many people?
even though it is in the constitution, **** like this only happens in the US, not anywhere else

Come on man... it's not the guns.

Here's one incident out of hundreds if not thousands happening all over the world...

2008 - Akihabara massacre in Japan, dude runs people over with his truck killing 3 and injuring 2. Then he gets out and stabbed 12 people killing 4.

2009 - Karst Roeland Tates, Netherlands, dude drives his car into a parade killing 8 and injuring 10

If this sicko Holmes didn't have access to guns, he probably would have chained up the exit/entrances and started a fire and/or made explosives and burned everyone to death. If someone is that determined to kill, he will murder.

I'm trying to figure this out too. Dude went COD on an entire theatre and leaves without a scratch on him. :smh:
He was done by the time they got there. What good would killing him have done? He surrendered without incident, and if you kill him on site then you don't get the tidbit that his apartment is boobie trapped and now you have more loss of life when they go to that scene to collect evidence

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

I love this man. That interview made him seem brilliant and sympathetic.

Also, according to TMZ...

7:45AM PT -- Police say Holmes' studio apartment is "booby-trapped" in a sophisticated manner -- and they are trying to figure out how to disarm an explosive device attached to the front door.

that last line he said "i would listen to them because thats what no one did" is too real. always thought he was just a crazy guy but he snot

Here's one incident out of hundreds if not thousands happening all over the world...
2008 - Akihabara massacre in Japan, dude runs people over with his truck killing 3 and injuring 2. Then he gets out and stabbed 12 people killing 4.
2009 - Karst Roeland Tates, Netherlands, dude drives his car into a parade killing 8 and injuring 10
If this sicko Holmes didn't have access to guns, he probably would have chained up the exit/entrances and started a fire and/or made explosives and burned everyone to death. If someone is that determined to kill, he will murder.

you're comparing two incidents, all over the world against a shooting that happens in this country almost on a daily basis? besides the one from the netherlands had nothing to do with guns, nor did the other one.. the one from holland is a little bit more important to me, cause thats where im from. nevertheless, gun control is something that needs to be taken care of in this country, or you'll see plenty more like these killings.. whether it is a movie theater, a college or anywhere else. the guns that any idiot can buy here, is ridiculous

Those incidents are very rare in those countries you mentioned, you could find 100 incidents here for every 10 in another civilized nation...my thing is, why do these types of spree, serial killings happen wayyyyyy more often in America than anywhere else in the world? I heard today that this is like the 27th big shooting in the states since Columbine....why does this stuff keep happening? Our gun violence stats are outrageous compared to the rest of the modern world, and thats with gun violence DECREASING in the past 10 yrs...doesn't make sense

He was done by the time they got there. What good would killing him have done? He surrendered without incident, and if you kill him on site then you don't get the tidbit that his apartment is boobie trapped and now you have more loss of life when they go to that scene to collect evidence

Exactly, killing this dude would have solved nothing. Its more important to keep him alive and get information out of him.

And why give him a easy escape? He probably wanted to be killed eventually.

Those incidents are very rare in those countries you mentioned, you could find 100 incidents here for every 10 in another civilized nation...my thing is, why do these types of spree, serial killings happen wayyyyyy more often in America than anywhere else in the world? I heard today that this is like the 27th big shooting in the states since Columbine....why does this stuff keep happening? Our gun violence stats are outrageous compared to the rest of the modern world, and thats with gun violence DECREASING in the past 10 yrs...doesn't make sense

because guns can be purchased everywhere, walmart, around the corner, gunshops.. in other countries, at least in the netherlands there are no stores to buy guns, you really need to know criminals or really bad guys to be able to purchase a gun. weapons in the netherlands are illegal.. even the police officers dont have real guns, they might not be beebee guns, but no shotguns, glocks, ak47.. etc

Cocaine is illegal and it doesn't stop anybody from getting access to it.

Banning guns won't stop crazy !@# people from gaining access to them.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

RIP to everybody that lost their lives there. Such a damn tragedy

weird, and kinda unrelated, but i had the wildest dream last night before i even heard of this incident that kinda mirrored this...

i was at a concert and some dude sprayed the audience with some type of gas that was filling our lungs...the doors were chained stuck but i was somehow able to climb out this top window...strange...

Vehicles are used for transportation of goods and people. Guns are used to kill.

Yeah, If he wants to kill he's going to kill. He can take out a dozen bystanders with his car. Or, he can get a high powered rifle and shoot 70 people in a matter of minutes.

Watching CNN. Piers Morgan said dude obtained 6000 rounds online legally in the past few months
sick.gif
. I hope it ain't from the same source cause surely that source should have alerted the authorities about suspicious activity. No civilian needs that many rounds unless they planning something like this.

news stations were waiting outside of the theaters this morning (I went to the first showing today)... I wanted no part in being interviewed out of fear of keeping it TOO REAL

When I went to go see the movie earlier they had squad cars in front of the theater. Pretty sure they did this all around the city as a precaution.

Watching CNN. Piers Morgan said dude obtained 6000 rounds online legally in the past few months :x . I hope it ain't from the same source cause surely that source should have alerted the authorities about suspicious activity. No civilian needs that many rounds unless they planning something like this.

Stuff like this is so discouraging...and that VA law about being able to buy more than one gun a month....like who in there right mind needs that kind of access?? 12 guns a year is wayyyy more than enough. There is no reason someone should be able to buy 1000 rounds let alone 6,000 in a couple months :x :smh:

I mean how do you buy 6000 rds off the Internet that doesn't raise a red flag who needs that much weapons for a Household it just doesn't make sense

Back
Top Bottom