'11 NBA Dunk Contest Vol. 2 Power Forwards, 1 Center and replacement **Demar Derozan**

JaVale gonna smash, dood is way more fluid in the air....

and I'm sayin Blake only 2 inches shorter....cats underestimating Javale's dunkin skills

what i would wanna see more than a 4 person contest is a 7 to 10 player freestyle session and if the NBA wants a winner, they can do the text/phone your choice of who wins

what i would wanna see more than a 4 person contest is a 7 to 10 player freestyle session and if the NBA wants a winner, they can do the text/phone your choice of who wins

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm not going through this thread, but what makes everyone think Blake is a creative dunker? Yeah, he can throw down hard in games, but creativity is the key in the contest. Dwight and Shawn Kemp were the only two big men of the last 20 years who were creative enough to contend. I just don't see Blake as the same type.
When was D-12 creative before entering the contest? Blake and Dwight are in the same category, before D-12 entered the SDC many were wondering why he'd enter the event since he really doesn't do anything spectacular in games. They both jump high and have power that's it, in-game dunkers...we'll see if B.G. proves us wrong when ASW commences.

Shawn Kemp from his rookie year was doing creative and spectacular dunks during the game, jumping ability and power is one thing but you need creativity to be on the level of VC, J-Rich, Desmond Mason and even AI2 who was robbed by Nate Robinson. That plus the fact everything has been done (not including amateurs) is the reason the contest has been weak since 2004....I'll give Josh Smith & Amar'e Stoudamire some credit for their 2005 performance.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm not going through this thread, but what makes everyone think Blake is a creative dunker? Yeah, he can throw down hard in games, but creativity is the key in the contest. Dwight and Shawn Kemp were the only two big men of the last 20 years who were creative enough to contend. I just don't see Blake as the same type.
When was D-12 creative before entering the contest? Blake and Dwight are in the same category, before D-12 entered the SDC many were wondering why he'd enter the event since he really doesn't do anything spectacular in games. They both jump high and have power that's it, in-game dunkers...we'll see if B.G. proves us wrong when ASW commences.

Shawn Kemp from his rookie year was doing creative and spectacular dunks during the game, jumping ability and power is one thing but you need creativity to be on the level of VC, J-Rich, Desmond Mason and even AI2 who was robbed by Nate Robinson. That plus the fact everything has been done (not including amateurs) is the reason the contest has been weak since 2004....I'll give Josh Smith & Amar'e Stoudamire some credit for their 2005 performance.

McGees dunks doesn't even look impressive because he is so tall and being skinny makes him look taller and look awkward. At least when Griffin dunks he looks like he actually elevates.

Also saw a comparison chart last night on how many dunks each entrants have done in the season. Blake had 81 (or 82) and leading the way while Jennings had 2 dunks for the season. 2 dunks and they invite him to join? Really? REALLY????

McGees dunks doesn't even look impressive because he is so tall and being skinny makes him look taller and look awkward. At least when Griffin dunks he looks like he actually elevates.

Also saw a comparison chart last night on how many dunks each entrants have done in the season. Blake had 81 (or 82) and leading the way while Jennings had 2 dunks for the season. 2 dunks and they invite him to join? Really? REALLY????

Originally Posted by RFX45

i think chris jackson back in the day had zero dunks in games but was a contestant.    

My guess is Westbrook and Rose passed so they thought of Jennings, kind of like A.I. when he was suppose to do it in 1997. Whoever did the invites must've known Jennings background, specifically those youtube videos and figured to approach him to join.

Originally Posted by RFX45

i think chris jackson back in the day had zero dunks in games but was a contestant.    

My guess is Westbrook and Rose passed so they thought of Jennings, kind of like A.I. when he was suppose to do it in 1997. Whoever did the invites must've known Jennings background, specifically those youtube videos and figured to approach him to join.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Why do they want a guard so badly though? Trying to recreate the hype Nate Robinson had?
I saw some of those Jennings vids, it looks like dude could barely dunk the ball. He can jump for his height but he can't elevate like Nate can based on those vids.

Why do they want a guard so badly though? Trying to recreate the hype Nate Robinson had?
I saw some of those Jennings vids, it looks like dude could barely dunk the ball. He can jump for his height but he can't elevate like Nate can based on those vids.

Jennings has no chance to win this....he'll probably depend on the pass rather than the dunk to win this.
grin.gif

We all know Griffin is a beast, but he'll need some creativity.

I'm anticipating to see McGee the most...I know dude will make me laugh.
laugh.gif

Should be exciting.

Jennings has no chance to win this....he'll probably depend on the pass rather than the dunk to win this.
grin.gif

We all know Griffin is a beast, but he'll need some creativity.

I'm anticipating to see McGee the most...I know dude will make me laugh.
laugh.gif

Should be exciting.

I know for a fact Russ never passed. He was asked about it pregame by Kelly Crull (google her if you like blondes btw). Much the opposite, Russell has been actively trying to get in since his rookie yr. Remember his rookie yr he was in that 4 way let the voters decide contest and for some reason people chose Rudy Fernandez

I know for a fact Russ never passed. He was asked about it pregame by Kelly Crull (google her if you like blondes btw). Much the opposite, Russell has been actively trying to get in since his rookie yr. Remember his rookie yr he was in that 4 way let the voters decide contest and for some reason people chose Rudy Fernandez

Back
Top Bottom