10 Years Later and Murder Inc.'s Music is STILL Better Than 90% of Hip-Hop Out Right Now

Ja Rule was just a great songwriter.  Period.  He was ahead of his time and was doing what 50 ridiculed him for before it became the norm.  (ironically 50 bodied him so he could steal his career.)

And then there was this:

Classic.   
pimp.gif

Cadillac Tah could have been a lot more than he was.  That's not saying much but still. 

laugh.gif
  oh?  Ja didn't write good songs? 

foolish talk.  it's one thing to say he wasn't "real" or that the singing was girly and corny when compared to "real hip hop" but you guys are fools if you think he wasn't making good music, but somehow all the derivative **** out today somehow IS good.  ja was doing it 13 years too soon.

Last edited:
I really disliked the majority of their music when they were on top, especially Ja Rule. Ahsanti was cool in doses and nice to look at but for the most part Murder Inc was incredibly whack.

Best thing Curtis did was help take them out.

As for now, yeah it's probably better in quality but there was so much of the same corny **** that I would never want to see it repeated again. So it's barely preferred to what's out now imo.

you just like it cause you got a nostalgic attachment to it. lets be honest. i loved music from this era and i still do but thats only because i attached memories to it from certain periods of my life when things were seemingly much simpler. ain't nothing wrong with that, but don't act like if ja rule came out nowadays singing love songs with his crack head newport smoking voice that you would be thinking it was the ****.

that POV anthem with the 2way beat was crack...still have it on ipod...

but theres a reason why ja rule isnt around anymore....his music was catchy, but not very good/creative...

I do agree with OP that Murda Inc made good music but on the other hand I wouldn't consider it straight Hip-Hop. I also think Ja Rule gets a lot of unnecessary hate just cause it seems to be the "cool" thing to do. He does have some classics...

I do agree with OP that Murda Inc made good music but on the other hand I wouldn't consider it straight Hip-Hop. I also think Ja Rule gets a lot of unnecessary hate just cause it seems to be the "cool" thing to do. He does have some classics...

I agree. Dudes hate on Ja like he smashed all their girlfriends.

What!?

You're tripping. Ja's Rap R&B collabs were cool for the time, but that got old just like the "epic trap beat" has gotten old with today's music.

And the song you posted has one of THE most annoying beats I've ever heard...ever.

BUT what I will say, with the exception of GRODT, Ja made better music than 50. *Puts on flame suit*

Last edited:
The whole label?

Outside of Ja's first couple of albums and Ashanti's first, they ain't put out **** else that's worth revisiting 10 years later.

Any time I mention Ja Rule, people like to laugh like dude didnt have a legitimate place in the game. I always say this.

Music is music and he was doing it right during that time.... Always on time, down a** bit**, put it on me, between me and you = classics.

I liked Ja's first album and that Murda Inc compilation from 01/02, and that's about it. And that Cadillac Tah song was mad decent. So to compare their music then to the mainstream now...well...damn, you may actually be right :lol: Carry on.

i stopped care after ja-rule's first album...he got TOOOO singy songy for my taste..and that was when he was in his "prime"

rule 3:36 was cool to a point too

Did someone just say "Put it on Me" was a Top 5 song of all time??? Bruh, are you serious???? Top 5 what? Don't get good/great/catchy/radio hit confused with Top 5 EVER. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom