10 Pieces of Software that you should have on your computer

good list but...
..um, Opera over FF & Chrome? No VLC? iTunes? Office (or OpenOffice)?? Photoshop? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

how do you get rid of the now playing bubble? love the program but it gets tedious when that bubble keeps popping up whenever the song changes

Right click on the album cover. Select options > System Tray. Then un-check "Balloon Tip".

As far as ad-blocking, Opera does have an ad-blocker. Here is a site you'll need for all the info.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

half you dont really need, replace winrar with 7zip, and instead of ffshow-tryout, switch to CCCP, and Foobar > *
Chill

that %+!@ is packed with bloatware

vlc, ffd, cccp have no hardware acceleration

if u have a nice videocard and wanna put it to use, get coreavc
lol not its not. And its freeware, whereas coreavc is not. but yea its faster than Ffdshow.
It does my dude..trust
laugh.gif

u can get coreavc if u know where to look
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by airforce416

openoffice>>>>microsoft office
pidgin>>>>trillian
firefox>>>>>opera
Mplayer>>>>VLC

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In what way, shape or form are any of these true? And no, "it's free" isn't a reason why one product is superior to another.

OK, regarding this CD Art Display. I've tried using this numerous times to connect with my WMP songs. I'm VERY particular about having correct genres, featured artists, etc. so I really don't want to change to iTunes and I want to have the CD Art displeyd on my desktop similar to iTunes, how do I work this CD Art Display thingy?

Originally Posted by romedadude

OK, regarding this CD Art Display. I've tried using this numerous times to connect with my WMP songs. I'm VERY particular about having correct genres, featured artists, etc. so I really don't want to change to iTunes and I want to have the CD Art displeyd on my desktop similar to iTunes, how do I work this CD Art Display thingy?
You don't have to change to iTunes to use CD Art Display. As far as having CD Art displayed on your computer similar to iTunes... if you're talking about CoverFlow... that's media player dependant. So you'll have to either get SongBird or MediaMonkey if you don't want to download iTunes for that functionality.

half you dont really need, replace winrar with 7zip, and instead of ffshow-tryout, switch to CCCP, and Foobar > *
Chill

that %+!@ is packed with bloatware

vlc, ffd, cccp have no hardware acceleration

if u have a nice videocard and wanna put it to use, get coreavc
lol not its not. And its freeware, whereas coreavc is not. but yea its faster than Ffdshow.
It does my dude..trust
laugh.gif

u can get coreavc if u know where to look
smokin.gif
wheres your proof then?

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

pidgin>>>>trillian
firefox>>>>>opera
Mplayer>>>>VLC

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In what way, shape or form are any of these true? And no, "it's free" isn't a reason why one product is superior to another.

the only reason I passed on open office is because I heard the spellcheck in MSOFFICE was better.
firefox plugins only > opera
mplayer = VLC, but i prefer MPC because of its simple display. I only use VLC when i cant play something in MPC

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

pidgin>>>>trillian
firefox>>>>>opera
Mplayer>>>>VLC

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the only reason I passed on open office is because I heard the spellcheck in MSOFFICE was better.
firefox plugins only > opera
mplayer = VLC, but i prefer MPC because of its simple display. I only use VLC when i cant play something in MPC

Office interface is light-years ahead & more intuitive. Let's not even get in to the features that each component offers compared to their OpenOffice equivalents.

Name one useful thing that you can do with a Firefox plug-in that you can't do with Opera. And by useful, I mean improve your browsing experience... not "omgz I can has expressionz skins!".

hell ya i just got a new laptop so ill be checking into this thread as much as possible

i need some help! i try to  download the cd art diplay but something to do with winzip pops up and i cant dowload it any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom