10/4 WWE Hell in a Cell PPV - CM Punk vs Undertaker | Cena vs Orton | DX vs Legacy (p12)

Predictions:

John Cena
DX
Undertaker
John Morrison
Drew McIntyre
Jerishow
Mickie James
Jack Swagger

Anyone else notice that theres no ECW title match but Drew McIntyre made the ppv?
eyes.gif

Tonight is the 11th WWE Pay-Per-View of 2009, the newly named Hell in a Cell which has replaced No Mercy. There are eight matches on tonight's card withthe top three matches all taking place within the Hell in a Cell cage. Hell in a Cell matches have always been a big draw for the WWE, but with the newlimitations on blood and violence, it will be interesting to see how these matches tonight stack up against some of the classics. Also interesting to noteabout tonight's show is that ticket sales have not been good. In a move that hasn't been necessary in years, the WWE sent out an e-mail to all WWEfans in the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area on Friday letting them know that there were still excellent tickets available at every price level. The WWEof course will paper the show and block off upper sections, but this is not a good sign for the WWE.

R-Truth vs Drew McIntyre

This match was added at the last minute after Smackdown. McIntyre could have a bright future in the WWE, so he should go over here. I have a bad feeling thefans could crap on this match. Truth appears to be going nowhere in the WWE. This could be one of those 30 second matches. It's also interesting thatthey would go with this match instead of Christian vs Zack Ryder. Ryder could have had a major hometown advantage... WWWYKI.

Prediction: Drew McIntyre

John Morrison (c) vs Dolph Ziggler - Intercontinental Championship Match

In the ring, both of these guys can go. They both have the look. Unfortunately on the mic both are dreadful. Morrison was alright before the WWE writersbegan completely scripting everything he says. Now I cringe every time the words Mr. Ziggles come out of his mouth. Zigger proved this as well with his*dead* segment with Pat Paterson last month (also due to piss poor writing). This is a big match for both men, two men that should have bright futures in theWWE. I hope they are given 10+ minutes for this match. Ziggler should go over here as he's been chasing the title for quite some time. But like I said,how they work is much more important than the outcome.

Prediction: Dolph Ziggler - New Intercontinental Champion

Chris Jericho and The Big Show (c) vs Batista and Rey Mysterio Jr - Unified Tag Team Championship Match

There is no reason to take the titles off Jericho and Show as they have been working very well together. For once, Show actually has some purpose in the WWE. Batista just "left" Raw, and I don't see him going back this quickly. And of course, Mysterio is returning from his controversial suspension. If Mysterio doesn't do the job here, I would be shocked. Things with Jericho and Mysterio should be good. Things with Show and Batista will be bad.

Prediction: Chris Jericho and The Big Show - Retain Unified Tag Team Titles

Kofi Kingston (c) vs The Miz vs Jack Swagger - United States Championship Match

The angle of these guys stealing the physical belt from one another has been horrible. This is another match that could be good if it is given time and thecrowd gives it a chance. Kofi has been champion for what seems like ages, so I think it's time for a switch. The right move would be to give it to TheMiz as it is his "goal" to become champion, but I've given up any hope of The Miz ever being anything more than a midcard jobber after beingburied by Cena. The WWE seems high on Swagger, so I'm going with him to get the win here.

Prediction: Jack Swagger - The New All American American United States Champion

Mickie James (c) vs Alicia Fox - Divas Championship Match

Mickie was involved in one of the worst matches of the year on Monday with Rosa Mendez. Rosa should have been fired immediately after that match. Aliciaisn't much better, but she does have a vicious scissor kick. However, this match needs to be kept short with Mickie going over clean.

Prediction: Mickie James - Retains Divas Title

D-Generation X vs The Legacy - Hell in a Cell Match

Rhodes and Dibiase had a ton of momentum coming off of last month's Breaking Point PPV as they made Shawn Michaels tap out to defeat DX. However, that hasnot been acknowledged since. Instead, DX has treated Legacy as a complete joke (as only DX can). This is the complete wrong way to handle this program andthe exact reason the WWE cannot create new stars. DX should have acknowledged they were beaten by two young, hungry, talented kids and now the veterans wereout for revenge and redemption. If that were the case, I'd have no problem with DX going over here. However, with the direction this feud has gone, Ihate the fact that DX will probably go over tonight. It makes it feel like everything they did to build up Legacy will be flushed down the drain. HHH isusually better in brawl type matches than traditional matches, so this one could be good.

Prediction: D-Generation X

John Cena (c) vs Randy Orton - Hell in a Cell WWE Championship Match

This match may be more interesting than expected. Normally, I would assume Cena goes over here since he just won the title last month. However, BraggingRights is only three weeks away, and there is no clear cut new opponent for Cena and no time to build someone up in such a short time. Therefore, itwouldn't shock me to see musical titles tonight because they need an excuse for these two to face each other again in 21 days. Cena and Orton usually workwell together, and the Cell should work in their favor. I'm expecting a good match and going with the shocker of Orton getting the victory.

Prediction: Randy Orton - New WWE Champion

The Undertaker vs CM Punk (c) - Hell in a Cell World Championship Match

The right thing for business is Punk going over cleanly and retaining the World Championship. However, with the screwjob decision at Breaking Point and thisbeing one of The Undertaker's signature matches, I'd really be shocked if Taker didn't win the title tonight. My guess is they have a rematch (seea theme going here?) at Bragging Rights, probably ending in a disputed finish, with a final rematch at Survivor Series where hopefully Punk goes over clean inthe middle of the ring. However, like I said, I think it's really the wrong move to take the title off Punk. He has really come into his own andestablished himself as arguably the top heel in the WWE. Giving the title to Taker does nothing for him and only hurts Punk. Reports say The Undertaker is inworse physical shape than ever, so that is just another reason not to give him the title. However, we know The Undertaker never mails it in, so I expect agood match here with Taker winning the title to close to show.

Prediction: The Undertaker - New World Champion

I'm so unsure on the outcomes of most of the matches especially the world title matches. I don't see where they're going with the feuds

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I'm so unsure on the outcomes of most of the matches especially the world title matches. I don't see where they're going with the feuds
same here. and interesting to see how ALL three HIAC matches play out WITHOUT blood.

for those who want to partake in the predictions contest, be sure to post your picks at gwo.yuku.com by 7 45pm.
pimp.gif

Ayo who got the stream hookups, a little under an hour.

And yes grown men do like wrestling.

One of the dirt sheet writers who is spot on almost all the time and has real good inside sources at WWE has posted the possible spoilers of the main eventmatches for tonight's PPV. The results are the word coming from a late creative meeting that happened today so it'll most likely happen. To prevent itfrom being discussed and openly talked about in the thread, I decided not to post it...PM me if you want to know.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]WARNING[/color]: These are the main event match spoilers so only PM me if you really want to know andkeep it to yourself fellas.

As far as my predictions for the rest of the card (these are my real predictions, I haven't read any possible spoilers on these matches):

DX defeats Legacy
McIntyre defeats R-Truth (is this R-Truth's first PPV match since he returned to the company? I think it is...
eek.gif
)
Ziggler defeats Morrison
Jerishow defeat Mysterio and Batista
Swagger defeats Kofi and Miz (if Swagger doesn't win, then Miz gets it...I can't see Kofi winning this one...he's had the strap for a long time)
Mickie defeats Alicia

Back
Top Bottom