09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Am I ludicrous for thinking that Boise could beat any squad aside from 'Bama and Florida?
Yes. Texas would work them. USC, Miami and LSU would have a good chance to beat em.

And Oregon would beat them now that the team is in shape and is used to the Chip Kelly system.

But, we'll see if they are still as good as they claim if they make it to a BCS bowl...

Real talk, Stoops gets alotta $$+% for not being able to win games, but he is always scheduling tough opponents year in and year out. I guess the same can besaid about sweater vest... OSU had Texas and SC, and they have the Canes in the future...

Big programs should schedule other big programs, but it seems like some teams found a way around the system
smh.gif

Kiffin knows the deal, he's trying to play every big program... I ain't even a Vols fan, but how can you not like a coach who ain't scared ofanyone in the country.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Real talk, Stoops gets alotta $$+% for not being able to win games, but he is always scheduling tough opponents year in and year out. I guess the same can be said about sweater vest... OSU had Texas and SC, and they have the Canes in the future...

Big programs should schedule other big programs, but it seems like some teams found a way around the system
smh.gif

Kiffin knows the deal, he's trying to play every big program... I ain't even a Vols fan, but how can you not like a coach who ain't scared of anyone in the country.
pimp.gif
The Buckeyes also have Cal, Va Tech, Oklahoma, and Tennessee on upcoming schedules.
pimp.gif
Makes for great early season college football when teams schedule top 10 teams.

Am I ludicrous for thinking that Boise could beat any squad aside from 'Bama and Florida?
The same Boise who struggled with Tulsa, whom oklahoma beat 45-0?

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

The same Boise who struggled with Tulsa, whom oklahoma beat 45-0?

you cant play that Team A beat team B so they would kill Team C crap

Good article, it sucks as a fan of UF that we don't play big time teams anymore outside of the SEC (FSU doesn't count anymore cause they're soterrible), but it really is the smartest way to milk the system. I really wish that UF went back to playing Miami every year.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

[h1]Deja vu: SEC admits another officiating mistake[/h1] [h4]By Paul Gattis -- The Huntsville Times[/h4] [h5]October 19, 2009, 11:23PM[/h5]
bobby-petrino-5473b62d27ab999a_medium.jpg

AP

Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino talks with an official in a game earlier this season. The SEC's ruling that the Razorbacks wrongly received a personal foul penalty in the fourth quarter against Florida didn't ease the pain of a 23-20 loss.For the second time in three weeks, the SEC has said one of its officiating crews made a mistake in the fourth quarter of a close game.

And in both cases, it was the same seven-man officiating crew, according to a comparison we did of each game's box scores posted on the school athletic department sites. The box scores list each official working the game.

This week's victim was Arkansas, which lost 23-20 to Florida on Saturday after the Gators kicked the game-winning field goal with nine seconds left.

According to The Morning News of Northwest Arkansas, the SEC said Razorback defensive tackle Malcolm Sheppard was wrongly flagged for a persona foul penalty in the fourth quarter.

The penalty gave the Gators a first-and-goal at the 10. Florida's Jeff Demps scored the game-tying touchdown on the next play with 7:27 left in the game. Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino said he talked with SEC supervisor of officials Rogers Redding.
"I called and talked to the director of the officials, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it," Petrino said.

Two weeks ago, the SEC said Georgia receiver A.J. Green should not have been flagged for excessive celebration after scoring the go-ahead touchdown with less than two minutes left against LSU.

That penalty forced Georgia to kick off from the 15-yard line and gave LSU advantageous field position, which the Tigers used to spark their game-winning drive in the final seconds.

In each game, the referee was Marc Curles. He had the same crew working with him in both games. It is not known if the same official wrongly threw the flag in both games.

The SEC does not announce any punitive action it takes, if any, with officials who are found to have made such a mistake.

smh.gif

That's not a coincidence at all. The SEC wants that $30 mil (or whatever the amount) is given to the conference for appearing and winning theNC game. A lot of shady %!%% happening and the conference is allowing it. Whoever gives them a pass deserves a swift kick to the temple.
Carroll, whose team took two long trips to the Midwest this season, has future series with Notre Dame, Virginia, Boston College, Texas A&M, Syracuse and Hawaii and is looking for more.
I'll be at this and the Notre Dame game at the new Giants stadium in 2012
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

UF hasn't played a non-conference game outside the state of Florida since the BCS was created and had only two outside Gainesville in the past five seasons
eek.gif
smh.gif

What a bunch of weenies.
I don't care what anybody says about the "tough" schedule in the SEC. Florida has played one ranked opponent so far.
When your schedule includes: Charleston Southern, Troy, and Florida International you are soft.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I thought the Pac-10 had the worst refs...
Pac-10 refs are still worse, it's just the fans don't apply the same type of heat to force them to admit their mistakes.

Refs in SC/ND game were TERRIBLE.� How the hell did they miss this call:

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

UF hasn't played a non-conference game outside the state of Florida since the BCS was created and had only two outside Gainesville in the past five seasons
eek.gif
smh.gif
What a bunch of weenies.
I don't care what anybody says about the "tough" schedule in the SEC. Florida has played one ranked opponent so far.
When your schedule includes: Charleston Southern, Troy, and Florida International you are soft.

Wetzel brings up an interesting point that til now was the chief argument for people supporting the SEC.

Even if teams that are scheduling these huge home and homes win... their players are getting beat up and worn down, and it makes them more susceptible toinjuries and the teams with gaping holes in their depth chart...

But on the other hand... if Barkley never has to go to Columbus and experience that atmosphere, would he be as good as he is now?

Those early tests are critical for young players' development...

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Pac-10 refs are still worse, it's just the fans don't apply the same type of heat to force them to admit their mistakes.

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
wasnt that a big east crew?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by after h0urs

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
wasnt that a big east crew?

Nope, Pac-10.

eek.gif
smh.gif

That is absolutely ridiculous..
smh.gif

If every other big name program in your conference can do it...you can too

$$$+#*+
smh.gif

I really wish Florida would play big time programs also.

I think Miami also does a good job of playing big time programs.

Are yall watching college football live?

TP2's HS coach is shinin on Coach Sweatervest.
I get on TP2 a lot I had someone talk to me about TP the other day... When I get to my laptop I'll type more

I get on TP2 a lot I had someone talk to me about TP the other day... When I get to my laptop I'll type more
Just saw it.
laugh.gif

[h2]HS coach: Tressel should let Pryor run[/h2]

The high school coach of Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor says that his former player could be utilized more effectively by Buckeyescoach Jim Tressel.

"They need Terrelle to run more," former Jeannette (Pa.) High School coach Ray Reitz said. "They've put the reins on him and they need tolet him go free. When I watch Terrelle play right now, I see a robot."

Reitz, now the coach at Latrobe High, said Pryor was recruited on the premise of a more diverse offense.

"All I know is they promised him that they would teach him a pro-style system with both a shotgun and under center," Reitz said. "Jim Tresselis a great coach and he's been running his offense successfully for 30 years. But I'd like to see some zone-read plays where with one mistake [by thedefense], he can be gone. With some zone-read plays, they wouldn't be able to take away all the outside runs because he'd be a threat to go between thetackles."

Pryor threw two interceptions and lost two fumbles as Ohio State (No. 19 BCS, No. 18 AP) was upset by two-touchdown underdog Purdue last week. On Tuesday,Tressel stood behind his quarterback, deflecting fan suggestions that he bench Pryor or move him to wide receiver.

Buckeyes receiver DeVier Posey, one of Pryor's favorite targets, made thecase that too much has been expected of Pryor, a sophomore who has commanded attention from the moment he set foot on campus.

"From his first pass, [people said] he's really not that good. But I really feel that's kind of hard for a guy like that, you know what I mean?There's only one Tim Tebow in this world and I don't really know what peoplewant from [Pryor]," Posey said. "He's going to get better. He really can't do much worse."

Posey went on to say Pryor will improve, although he was a bit unsure of when.

"I feel like he's going to get better, he's going to be a great player. It's going to happen in time," Posey said, explaining he feelsPryor is further along than Ohio State Heisman winner Troy Smith or ex-Texas QB Vince Young were at the same stage. "And I just feel like if people arepatient, and he's patient [he'll be great]. ... He's not going to be great tomorrow. But if he works on it, eventually in a year or two, or evenmaybe by the end of this year, he'll be a great player."

Reitz said he believes that Pryor is being affected by criticism -- though he adds Pryor would never admit it. And he says it would be a mistake to movePryor to wide receiver.
"
Jim Tressel is a great coach. But I can tell you there is more to Terrelle Pryor than what we've been seeing.
" -- Ray Reitz, Pryor's high school coach

"He would be a great wide receiver or even a great linebacker," Reitz said. "But that doesn't mean you should move him from quarterback.In fact, I don't think he'd agree to a move to wide receiver. Give him time to grow. Put the ball in his hands and if there is a breakdown let him run.It doesn't look to me like he's relaxed. It doesn't look like he has rhythm. It doesn't look like he's comfortable."

Pryor was among the most highly sought recruits in the nation when he chose Ohio State over Michigan, Penn State and Oregon, after extending the processbeyond signing day. But Reitz believes Pryor's high-profile recruiting process is hurting him now.

"There are people that are rooting for him to fail because he's arrogant," Reitz said. "But it was the college coaches who told him totake time after signing day if he wasn't ready."

"There is no question that Rich Rodriguez's offense, for example, would be more apt to suit Terrelle's skills," Reitz said. "But OhioState sold him on the idea that they would prepare him for the NFL and that they don't run 'zone-read' in the NFL. Jim Tressel is a great coach.But I can tell you there is more to Terrelle Pryor than what we've been seeing."

At his news conference Tuesday, Tressel was asked about maximizing Pryor's skills.

"I don't know if anyone could question the explosive potential both running and passing that Terrelle brings and have we all done everything tomake sure that we magnify that?" Tressel said. "Probably not. Has he done everything he needs to do to maximize that? Probably not. But itdoesn't mean we won't stop working on it."

Back
Top Bottom