'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

[h3]Ducks' top recruit arrested in Fresno, charged with felony assault[/h3] [h4]Posted by John Hunt, The Oregonian April 23, 2009 16:10PM[/h4]
Categories: Football

Cliff Harris, who is considered the top recruit in Oregon's 2009 football recruiting class, was arrested Wednesday in Fresno, Calif., and charged with felony assault of a public official.

According to media reports in Fresno, Harris' brother got into an argument at Edison High School with a police officer over his clothing and was pepper-sprayed. Cliff Harris then intervened and also was pepper-sprayed and arrested.
http://
The Ducks consider Harris, a four-star recruit, a good bet to play this fall. He was rated the seventh-best cornerback in the nation by rivals.com and is considered a top kick returner, too.

He was booked into the Fresno County Jail. Bail was set at $20,000 for the felony count and $10,000 for a misdemeanor charge of obstructing a public officer.

Oregon coach Chip Kelly released the following statement:

"We are aware of the allegations against Cliff Harris and are looking into the matter. We reserve any further comment until the legal process runs its course."
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

STUPID IDIOT. An argument over some freaking clothes?
Cliff might have just pissed his time away at Oregon
mad.gif

how is he stupid? the cop pepper sprayed his brother for no reason....i would've jumped into it too.....police officers are too damn scary these days...bunch of cowards wearing badges these days....they jump the gun when its not even that serious
Even if the cop was in the wrong, if I'm a blue chip recruit I'm not laying a finger on the cop or doing anything else that could come close to getting me in trouble. Seems like a lot of these kids aren't bad people but get caught in bad situations and overreact/don't think about what would be the best thing for themselves before they act. Why throw all that away over something as dumb as your brother arguing with a cop over clothes?

Bingo. You know you have to be very careful about what you do if your him, you have a lot more riding on your actions than the average person.

You can take the "@$## the police" route, but you already know that will get you nowhere fast, that's a battle you can't win.

Hopefully they give him a pass but
tired.gif
You really gonna stop and have that internal conversation when you see your brother being mistreated
who says he was being mistreated? You're the ones jumping the gun acting like you already know the cop was in the wrong in the situation.

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you have not been to ND boards...but I'm sure you can imagine.
Can I add Ohio States' message boards into this contest?
laugh.gif
LSU and Notre Dame boards are by far the worst.

LSU writers flat out lie (more than normal boards and their slants) and Notre Dame people think they are gettingeverybody.

I'll throw FSU's rivals board into the bunch somewhat. It can get downright terrible @ times. But the ESPN board is much better
smokin.gif
(Jville - Holla at me
nerd.gif
)

see yall living in that fantasy world (if i was a blue chip recruit).....for some reason it comes off as some "I wish I was good enough to be ranked onrivals or scout" type lame %%$# ..
laugh.gif
....if i see my brother get mistreated ima look out for him and if the coach didnt understand then obviously thatplace wasnt for me....and i'm not saying this about any incident (just this one)

pepper spray aint no joke....i've seen it f people up who are drunk so i can imagine getting sprayed w/ that stuff when you're sober and your mind isright
laugh.gif

You're back to the while mistreated point though. You hear of a cop pepper spraying someone and all of a sudden he is a coward hiding behind his badge and!$#!.

And in bringing up the hypothetical situation, we're not saying that we wish we were ranked, I don't get how someone could come up with that. People onNT are always trying to call people jealous, I have no idea why. I was saying i'd hope that someone in his situation would be smarter than that.

It was just dumb of Cliff to be in that situation...

Grrrr, just mad about this...

Originally Posted by vctry20

You're back to the while mistreated point though. You hear of a cop pepper spraying someone and all of a sudden he is a coward hiding behind his badge and !$#!.

And in bringing up the hypothetical situation, we're not saying that we wish we were ranked, I don't get how someone could come up with that. People on NT are always trying to call people jealous, I have no idea why. I was saying i'd hope that someone in his situation would be smarter than that.
Why are you getting so defensive? It says his brother got into an "argument" and was pepper-sprayed, he "intervened" and waspepper-sprayed as well? I'm pretty sure if I had a little brother and that happened to him, I'd intervene too, especially if I FELT it wasunnecessary. %@%! what happens down the road, I'm not gonna stop in a split second and think to myself, "I'm a D1 recruit, I shouldn't botherto defend my family if I feel like it needs to be done, this could have a negative impact on me."

Point is, it just doesn't sound that serious and like something that is an indication of poor character or that he'll be a problem child in college,unless he has a sketchy past also.

2007 South Carolina VS arkansas is on ESPN classic. i forgot how stupid Mcfadden and Jones went that night
eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

2007 South Carolina VS arkansas is on ESPN classic. i forgot how stupid Mcfadden and Jones went that night
eek.gif
sick.gif
All that talent we had on that team
smh.gif

Ryan Mallet named starter for upcoming season by Petrino
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by vctry20

You're back to the while mistreated point though. You hear of a cop pepper spraying someone and all of a sudden he is a coward hiding behind his badge and !$#!.

And in bringing up the hypothetical situation, we're not saying that we wish we were ranked, I don't get how someone could come up with that. People on NT are always trying to call people jealous, I have no idea why. I was saying i'd hope that someone in his situation would be smarter than that.
Why are you getting so defensive? It says his brother got into an "argument" and was pepper-sprayed, he "intervened" and was pepper-sprayed as well? I'm pretty sure if I had a little brother and that happened to him, I'd intervene too, especially if I FELT it was unnecessary. %@%! what happens down the road, I'm not gonna stop in a split second and think to myself, "I'm a D1 recruit, I shouldn't bother to defend my family if I feel like it needs to be done, this could have a negative impact on me."

Point is, it just doesn't sound that serious and like something that is an indication of poor character or that he'll be a problem child in college, unless he has a sketchy past also.
cosign
pimp.gif

and to vctry...i've seen plenty of athletes do dumb stuff and lose scholly's, weather it was to a D-1 school or a DII over some dumb stuff they gotinto...this particular incident didnt come off like that.....honestly it just shows me yall character because you would've let that happen to your brotherbecause you're a D-I football prospect.....i know fam can sometimes do stupid stuff but this incident doesnt seem that way

First off, to Scars, I never said dude was a problem child or bad character, I was just saying that I wish he didn't jump into the situation in the firstplace. I don't see where I was getting defensive in my response, other than defending my position on that matter while responding to Life. Some dudes on NTcan't just take a response for what it is, they take it as an attack or a confrontation, I'm just trying to argue my point.

and Life, yeah I get what your saying and trust me, I hate seeing something like this happen to anybody. One of my boys from my childhood lost his scholly toOregon State because for some reason he felt the need to be carrying a gun on him in Corvallis Or. I was essentially just trying to respond to your firstresponse about how the cops have too much power and stuff like that.

You really don't have to take shots at my character because I wouldn't go after a cop because he pepper sprayed my brother. I wouldn't try tointervene, whether I was a highly regarded recruit or not, anyone with common sense would realize that it will not end well for you if you do that. Iwouldn't call that bad character, I'd call that taking the high road and picking your battles.

AJC College Sports Recruiting
Moody: A matter of when, rather than if

11:26 pm April 23, 2009, by AJC Opinion

By DARRYL MAXIE
[email protected]

The Dexter Moody Watch continues at Tennessee.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound linebacker from Emanuel County Institute in south Georgia has sent out all the right signals - which basically means (a) saying, "I'm going to [sign] as soon as they offer," (b) making sure to get that quote in the Knoxville News-Sentinel just in case the Tennessee staff happened to be reading the local paper, and (c) showing up in Knoxville, not only for the Orange and White game, but also to get a little face time with the administration just in case (a) and (b) didn't make it obvious.

But Moody seems to be on the backburner while Vol fans buzz about B.J. Coleman's decision to leave the school because he didn't feel he was getting a "fair shake" in the quarterback competition.

Still, this seems to be a matter of when rather than if. We'll stay tuned.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you have not been to ND boards...but I'm sure you can imagine.
Can I add Ohio States' message boards into this contest?
laugh.gif
LSU and Notre Dame boards are by far the worst.

LSU writers flat out lie (more than normal boards and their slants) and Notre Dame people think they are getting everybody.

I'll throw FSU's rivals board into the bunch somewhat. It can get downright terrible @ times. But the ESPN board is much better
smokin.gif
(Jville - Holla at me
nerd.gif
)

laugh.gif
on nd boards all recruits in some way have a connection to nd, and if we get them on campus for a visit it's over, they are definitely picking notredame.

[h1]Pahokee's Antone Smith blames FSU system for low draft stock[/h1] Zach Buchanan |South Florida Sun-Sentinel 12:03 PM EDT, April 24, 2009
Florida State running back Antone Smith knows he can play in the NFL, but he's afraid no one else does. Smith, a former national high school player of the year out of Pahokee, might not even be drafted this weekend. He thinks playing in the Seminoles offense and running behind a weak offensive line hurt his draft stock.

"I thought that they weren't aggressive on the line, and they didn't run the ball enough," Smith said. "I averaged around eight or nine carries a game. I can tote the ball way more than that."

Pahokee coach Blaze Thompson, who was an assistant when Smith was a senior there, agrees.

"I don't think they had a system that benefited him," Thompson said of the Seminoles. "Their offensive line was suspect, to say the least, the last couple of years … You can argue that the scheme that Florida State ran didn't fit his ability, especially this last year.

"Everyone knows what type of back they're looking for now. They want the bigger backs."

At 5 feet 9 and 190 pounds, Smith hardly fits that description, and if he doesn't hear his name called in the draft, it won't be for lack of athleticism. The former Rivals.com top running back recruit ran a 4.32-second 40-yard dash at FSU's Pro Day in March.

Smith is likely to end up on an NFL roster even if he's not drafted. Several teams have found running back help either in the late rounds or after the draft. The Steelers' Willie Parker was undrafted, as was the Buccaneers' Earnest Graham.

Smith said he has been contacted by a number of different teams, including the Colts, Eagles, Jaguars, Panthers and Seahawks. Thompson said he's filled out so many character evaluations for teams, he can't keep them straight anymore.

While four years ago Smith would have been anyone's best bet to be Pahokee's highest drafted player, that distinction may go to one of Smith's former teammates, corner Alphonso Smith. Several projections have the Wake Forest product being picked in the first two rounds.

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

Now it seems Percy was more dangerous than Gators fans wanted to know.
tired.gif
Que?

^In regards to Percy's character issues that are hurting his draft stock. Scouts have said he is a cancerous 'me' guy that isolates himself fromteammates. In all honesty, I believe some of it, because I think Urban would have come out say it is all horse$^%& if it was false but he hasn't.Urban's a standup guy and that's why his players love him, but for him to just say "he's a fierce competitor and plays hard" with a
indifferent.gif
makes me think there is something more.
In regards to drafting Percy:
"One top-ranking official, who said he would not draft any of them, compared the exercise to trying to decide between whether he'd rather eat cowmanure, drink monkey urine or ingest rabbit turds."
ohwell.gif

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...-is-good-for-one-nfl-official-to-poop-on.html

Now it seems Percy was more dangerous than Gators fans wanted to know.
tired.gif
Que?

^In regards to Percy's character issues that are hurting his draft stock. Scouts have said he is a cancerous 'me' guy that isolates himself from teammates. In all honesty, I believe some of it, because I think Urban would have come out say it is all horse$^%& if it was false but he hasn't. Urban's a standup guy and that's why his players love him, but for him to just say "he's a fierce competitor and plays hard" with a
indifferent.gif
makes me think there is something more.
In regards to drafting Percy:
"One top-ranking official, who said he would not draft any of them, compared the exercise to trying to decide between whether he'd rather eat cow manure, drink monkey urine or ingest rabbit turds."
ohwell.gif

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...-is-good-for-one-nfl-official-to-poop-on.html
Yeah.....So _'s been saying that forever.

But Y'all ain't wanna listen.
laugh.gif

my fellow Buckeye fans who are in Columbus, are you going to attend the Spring Game tomorrow... I hear it suppose to be Sunny and 85*... gotta be nice for allthose recruits coming into columbus with great weather, and hopefully the shoe is packed!

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

[h3]Ducks' top recruit arrested in Fresno, charged with felony assault[/h3] [h4]Posted by John Hunt, The Oregonian April 23, 2009 16:10PM[/h4]
Categories: Football

Cliff Harris, who is considered the top recruit in Oregon's 2009 football recruiting class, was arrested Wednesday in Fresno, Calif., and charged with felony assault of a public official.

According to media reports in Fresno, Harris' brother got into an argument at Edison High School with a police officer over his clothing and was pepper-sprayed. Cliff Harris then intervened and also was pepper-sprayed and arrested.
http://
The Ducks consider Harris, a four-star recruit, a good bet to play this fall. He was rated the seventh-best cornerback in the nation by rivals.com and is considered a top kick returner, too.

He was booked into the Fresno County Jail. Bail was set at $20,000 for the felony count and $10,000 for a misdemeanor charge of obstructing a public officer.

Oregon coach Chip Kelly released the following statement:

"We are aware of the allegations against Cliff Harris and are looking into the matter. We reserve any further comment until the legal process runs its course."
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

STUPID IDIOT. An argument over some freaking clothes?
Cliff might have just pissed his time away at Oregon
mad.gif

If that felony assault sticks, what a waste of talent. Cliff was the best cover corner in '09 class.

[h1]Pahokee's Antone Smith blames FSU system for low draft stock[/h1] Zach Buchanan |South Florida Sun-Sentinel 12:03 PM EDT, April 24, 2009
Florida State running back Antone Smith knows he can play in the NFL, but he's afraid no one else does. Smith, a former national high school player of the year out of Pahokee, might not even be drafted this weekend. He thinks playing in the Seminoles offense and running behind a weak offensive line hurt his draft stock.

"I thought that they weren't aggressive on the line, and they didn't run the ball enough," Smith said. "I averaged around eight or nine carries a game. I can tote the ball way more than that."

Pahokee coach Blaze Thompson, who was an assistant when Smith was a senior there, agrees.

"I don't think they had a system that benefited him," Thompson said of the Seminoles. "Their offensive line was suspect, to say the least, the last couple of years … You can argue that the scheme that Florida State ran didn't fit his ability, especially this last year.

"Everyone knows what type of back they're looking for now. They want the bigger backs."

At 5 feet 9 and 190 pounds, Smith hardly fits that description, and if he doesn't hear his name called in the draft, it won't be for lack of athleticism. The former Rivals.com top running back recruit ran a 4.32-second 40-yard dash at FSU's Pro Day in March.

Smith is likely to end up on an NFL roster even if he's not drafted. Several teams have found running back help either in the late rounds or after the draft. The Steelers' Willie Parker was undrafted, as was the Buccaneers' Earnest Graham.

Smith said he has been contacted by a number of different teams, including the Colts, Eagles, Jaguars, Panthers and Seahawks. Thompson said he's filled out so many character evaluations for teams, he can't keep them straight anymore.

While four years ago Smith would have been anyone's best bet to be Pahokee's highest drafted player, that distinction may go to one of Smith's former teammates, corner Alphonso Smith. Several projections have the Wake Forest product being picked in the first two rounds.

Please

I didn't read another thing after the title but maybe you woulda been more successful if you didn't trip on every blade of grass on the field you%%+*@!@ bum

GTFHO you $!*@

Back
Top Bottom