'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Originally Posted by 541 Exile 562

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

LT: Sua-Filo (6'4", 310) - FR
LG: Hasiak (6'5", 318) - FR
C: Maiava (6'1", 309) - RS SO
RG: E. Williams (6'1", 331) - JR(JC Transfer)
RT: Baca (6'4". 306) - SO

that is UCLA starting OL...................
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
its going to be another long season
it's an upgrade from last year. i heard alot of good things about Hasiak, X-man, and Maiava.

I can't wait to see Jet ski
pimp.gif

yuku ftl
eyes.gif

You're starting 2 true frosh and that's an "upgrade"? No. And I know they aren't average freshman, either. Still not an "upgrade". Maybe by week 8 if you're lucky . .

last years OL was hot trash so we can't go anywhere but up, but to start the season that line is going to get killed

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

+%%$ just doesn't make sense.....if jacory gets hurt then boom Taylor was in there....and he was a year behind so he def had his chance to start....
smh.gif
.....now we only have two one @#+**+# qb's....

UF's Meyer takes aim at previous Gator regime

By DAVID JONES/Florida Today

GAINESVILLE - Florida coach Urban Meyer talked for a long time about changing the culture when he took over the program in 2005 but has never offered many specifics. On Friday, he revealed what one of those changes was, as far as the locker room environment.

Asked a general question about how he handles players having arguments on the field and in the locker room, Meyer _ who did not take a swipe at former coach Ron Zook (now at Illinois) or mention him outright _ started discussing the 2005 atmosphere that he inherited at Florida.

He said freshmen were put in a separate locker room and treated harshly by the other players. When he realized how poorly the new players were treated, he put an end to it.

Meyer's comments were chilling.

"When we first got here five years ago they had freshmen in a separate locker room and it was a bunch of tin lockers over there and they weren't allowed to walk (into the regular locker room). Think about this for a minute: this is a big-time college football program and we had some fights because they treat their freshman like they were non-people.

"'Don't walk through here, we'll kick your tail, we'll shave your eyebrows.' It took us awhile to break that great culture we had here. That was tremendous. You don't win many games, but you beat up freshman and shave eyebrows. Absolutely unbelievable."

Freshmen and other younger players are now mentored by older teammates.

"Now I have a freshman who's really going through some hard times and he stood up before the team the other day with tears rolling out of his eyes and said, 'I really want to thank the older guys for taking care of me.' That's called a team. That's not called some silly nonsense," Meyer said. "We've had that here before. 'Let's get our brains kicked in against our rival, but let's go beat up a freshman."'

Relayed the comments, Zook said Friday night, "I wasn't the one who built" the locker room facilities at UF, which have undergone numerous changes since he left, the latest in 2008, that have enabled more room for the freshmen to be included in one area.

"I don't promote hazing and I don't believe in it," Zook said.

He also pointed out that during his time at Florida, with depth an issue at several positions, a lot of freshmen played right away. Chris Leak, for example, ended up the starting quarterback in his first year.

"I think if you look at the numbers, we probably played more freshmen than anyone in the country while I was there," Zook said.

But he didn't try to make an issue out of Meyer's statements.

"You can't argue with the track record and what they have done there," he said. "They promote a family atmosphere there and that's good."

Zook chuckled at any possible ill feelings over the statements.

"I've been gone a long time. I doubt if anybody there even remembers who I am," he said.

Wow if true.

I know freshman have to earn their stripes.

But Jeez.

He is stubborn enough that if T Cook was indeed better than Jacory he still would have never played

just like he played bum *#+ Romeo Davis, Glenn Cook, and ponder last year
sick.gif

Man $%!* Shannon....dude is so in over his head

I just cant get over how clueless he looked during the first half of that FSU game..not to mention the Emerald Bowl disaster

Atleast at first we could trust his recruiting...now that #+#* is goin down the drain too

Shannon is BUNS
smh.gif

We need Tommy T...a complete overhaul IMO

they say AJ was really pushing him....i hope thats the fact and that Cook was a lil +*!*@ and got scared of comp.....but if this has to do w/ shannon theni'm jumping off the bandwagon...

Young something just fishy wif dis..how 2 quarterbacks transfer 2 weeks before the season start in the MIDDLE of fall camp

I seriously doubt that a freshman who just got here a month ago was pushing both of them...but if thats the case im still done with shannon..

I know you would not say no to a shannon/tommy t swap...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 541 Exile 562

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

LT: Sua-Filo (6'4", 310) - FR
LG: Hasiak (6'5", 318) - FR
C: Maiava (6'1", 309) - RS SO
RG: E. Williams (6'1", 331) - JR(JC Transfer)
RT: Baca (6'4". 306) - SO

that is UCLA starting OL...................
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
its going to be another long season
it's an upgrade from last year. i heard alot of good things about Hasiak, X-man, and Maiava.

I can't wait to see Jet ski
pimp.gif

yuku ftl
eyes.gif

You're starting 2 true frosh and that's an "upgrade"? No. And I know they aren't average freshman, either. Still not an "upgrade". Maybe by week 8 if you're lucky . .

last years OL was hot trash so we can't go anywhere but up, but to start the season that line is going to get killed

Like mike said, last years line was hot $^%!
sick.gif
. Yeah, this years lineis still not great and will struggle because of age but it's still better.

laugh.gif
some of our starters from last year is like 3rd string now

Eventhough he talking about UGA is his leader, I still don't think there's any way Teddy Bridgewater doesn't end up in Coral Gables. Just likeDenzel Perryman. These dudes have schools other than UM at the top of their list, and I don't believe it for one second.

And I doubt Taylor and Cannon's staus, wether on the team or not, would have affected him.

It's not like they signed Matt Barkley or some ++!%.

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

SMH @ Shannon

I hope dude is not trying to clear Smith and Cook out for Teddy B already.

You think it had to do maybe with the spacing of all the QB's? Harris (So) Cook (RSFr) Smith (RSFr) Highsmith (Fr) Maybe Cook wanted PT right away butdidn't see it happening & Smith just wasn't really going to play. That's the way i see it. Eventually somebody was going to transfer but Ididn't think it was going to be 2 in one day. What do you guys think?

I definitely think it was a spacing issue, especially in the case Cook. Cannon Smith was NEVER going to take a snap as a Miami Hurricane, Cook on the otherhandwas more than likely going to be in a "DJ Shockley" type roll of having one year to start. Could Highsmith possibly been pushing him for the number 2spot, yes, maybe but I think the fact that he wanted to play and wouldn't for the next 2-3 years forced his hand and he decided to transfer.

Definitely sucks from a depth standpoint but this issue is mute in my mind if Jacory stays healthy throughout the year. I hope my "theory" is righton Cook leaving and nothing else or else Randy is in a world of trouble. This will of course help with Teddy Bridgewater from a depth chart situation as wewill now definitely have spacing amongst our quarterbacks but they need to possibly look for another one for this years class to go along with Stephen Morriswho has tools but is still a little raw.

I just pray that the offensive line steps up and keeps Mr. 12 upright for most of the year because I'm not to fond of having a true freshman in Highsmithtaking too many significant snaps for us this year and I hope Mr. 12 takes heed to what's going on around him and not only him but the team as a wholesteps up rallies together and goes out and gets the job done this year.

Still have faith in my Hurricanes even with my orange and green blinders on
smokin.gif

Well according to the Miami Herald, Cook stated that he knew Harris was the "Franchise QB" and that he would have to sit and wait to play. And thathe didn't want to do that.

It was bound to happen when you signed so many QB's together and everybody wants PT. I personally think thats the case. But so many are just pissed at thefact that everybody
transferred out and are blaming Shannon for them transferring out. Who knows. I just think it had to do with spacing. Now a days its either play right away ortransfer out.

I hope Harris stays healthy and we ride it out this year.

A.J. Highsmith got all the second team reps behind Jacory Harris in the last practice.

Instead of stepping up his level of play to hold onto his #2 spot, Cook decided to bail. Which leads me to believe he did not have any heart in the first damnplace.

Cannon was never going to play a down at UM.

The sky is not falling... Yes it hurts depth. However, I could give a @%@% about a player who is not committed to the program.

This is not a spacing issue. Hell....the Miami herald just wrote this issue yesterday.

You don't wait til 13 days before the season opener if you're concerned about the depth chart. Shannon named Jacory starter back in December. He hadall spring and summer to transfer if he was really worried about that. The timing makes no sense. Something else is up. It makes no sense.

And Highsmith did not surpass Cook for #2 either no way. Highsmith been here a month, Cook has been here a year. If anything he passed Jacory but Shannonplayed favorites so he won't let Cook have a fair shot. Let's not forgot in the spring a lot of people were saying Cook looked better in the springgame than Jacory. I wouldn't put it out of the question. Not to mention....a depth chart hasn't even been set so how one could've surpassed theother is BS.

If Jacory gets hurt we're #+@%!*. I don't even know how I feel about Shannon right now.

3 Qb's don't transfer in a span of 9 months because of "spacing." Just yesterday the herald wrote an article on Cook talking about his roleas the backup and now he's all of a sudden not content with that and transferring?

C'mon now. This is BS.....there's obviously something more to this story.-

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

This is not a spacing issue. Hell....the Miami herald just wrote this issue yesterday.

You don't wait til 13 days before the season opener if you're concerned about the depth chart. Shannon named Jacory starter back in December. He had all spring and summer to transfer if he was really worried about that. The timing makes no sense. Something else is up. It makes no sense.

And Highsmith did not surpass Cook for #2 either no way. Highsmith been here a month, Cook has been here a year. If anything he passed Jacory but Shannon played favorites so he won't let Cook have a fair shot. Let's not forgot in the spring a lot of people were saying Cook looked better in the spring game than Jacory. I wouldn't put it out of the question. Not to mention....a depth chart hasn't even been set so how one could've surpassed the other is BS.

If Jacory gets hurt we're #+@%!*. I don't even know how I feel about Shannon right now.

3 Qb's don't transfer in a span of 9 months because of "spacing." Just yesterday the herald wrote an article on Cook talking about his role as the backup and now he's all of a sudden not content with that and transferring?

Preach

Add that to the fact my homegirl who knows Taylor Cook just told he told him he was considering transferring back in December(because of his relationship withShannon)....so why would he wait until now? 2 weeks before the season? It's not like he can go anywhere this semester so he might as well have waited itout on the team until January. What was so bad that he had to leave the team right now, out of the blue, in the middle of training camp?

Where there's smoke.....

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

You don't wait til 13 days before the season opener if you're concerned about the depth chart. Shannon named Jacory starter back in December. He had all spring and summer to transfer if he was really worried about that. The timing makes no sense. Something else is up. It makes no sense.

And Highsmith did not surpass Cook for #2 either no way. Highsmith been here a month, Cook has been here a year. If anything he passed Jacory but Shannon played favorites so he won't let Cook have a fair shot. Let's not forgot in the spring a lot of people were saying Cook looked better in the spring game than Jacory. I wouldn't put it out of the question. Not to mention....a depth chart hasn't even been set so how one could've surpassed the other is BS.

3 Qb's don't transfer in a span of 9 months because of "spacing." Just yesterday the herald wrote an article on Cook talking about his role as the backup and now he's all of a sudden not content with that and transferring?

QFT...There is alot more goin behind the scenes then we know. This along with the Ojomo news isn't really helping the squad. Our QB depth is pathetic now,we got a true freshman at 2nd string followed by two walk-ons. Our O-line better hold up cause i don't even want to imagine what this team would look likewith AJ starting or some walk-on......

Back
Top Bottom