Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Went to the boxing gym for the first time in 2months today
smh.gif

Feeling like Ricky Fatton and %$++
sick.gif

My mexican trainer was salty as hell tho
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Kept telling me that Mosley still on 'roids and the EPO never left his system.
thats all i heard today at work from the margarito fan boys
roll.gif

eagleon i heard the fights in the stands all night was better then the fights?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

eagleon i heard the fights in the stands all night was better then the fights?

Man...I wasn't able to go to the fight (Hate it when ppl flake at the last minute
smh.gif
)

I had to watch the fight at my homegirls pad in JapanTown. But we stopped at bar before we went out that night and alot Mexican dudes were talking tough and Iseen a bunch of near-scraps.

Anyways..y'all think Tonio's gonna get suspended?

ESPN updated their Welterweight rankings:
Shane's the new king

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=3222461http://sports.espn.go.com...ist=rafael_dan&id=3222461

Braveheart

By Manny Piñol

NO SIR, IT WAS NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE BEER

PhilBoxing.com
27 Jan 2009

Funny how the dramatic development in the purse tug-of-war between Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao and British Ricky Hatton was trivialized by reports that Manny signed the fight contract after confidante Wakee Salud accepted the dare to gulp down three bottles of beer.

No sir! It was not because of the beer, not even the heart-to-heart talk with his promoter Bob Arum, that made Manny agree to the terms and conditions of his May 2 Las Vegas fight against Hatton.

Manny got what he wanted -- respect and a bigger share of the purse -- and those simply were the reasons why he signed the contract to fight Hatton. Not the beer drinking dare or the heart-to-heart talk.

What was lost in the lighthearted articles written about the latest development was the implication of Manny Pacquiao's dogged determination to earn the respect of what boxing writer Michael Marley calls "sharks in suits," fight impresarios who for so long have acted like demi-gods who decided which boxer gets what fight and what purse.

Well, the days when promoters ran circles around dumb fighters, sometimes not even showing them the contracts, are gone now and maybe forever because of what Manny Pacquiao did.

More than that, Manny has redeemed the honor of the Filipino people by teaching them to fight for what is rightfully theirs. Pacquiao stood his ground and did not budge even when he was threatened that the fight would not push through.

Money-wise, what did Manny Pacquiao get? Well, as has been reported in the media, 52% of the guaranteed purse which is translated to $12 million plus the earnings in the pay-per-view. In addition, it was reported that Bob Arum coughed up an additional amount -- in the vicinity of $1 to $1.5 million -- just to get Manny to affix his signature on the fight contract.

Some people accuse Manny Pacquiao of greed when he demanded so much.

Greed, my eye!

Is it greed when Kobe Bryant negotiates for a better deal with his team's management, or when Tiger Woods asks for millions of dollars for product endorsements?

Hell, no!

They are just getting what is due them because of their talents, skills and popularity.

In the case of Manny Pacquiao, he got the amount that he wanted and achieved even more.

By showing stubborness in the negotiations, refusing to blink when the "sharks" thought he would, Pacquiao proved to the whole world that the Filipino -- often ridiculed as a nation of japayukis, nannies and migrant workers -- cannot simply be pushed around.

Pacquiao showed to the whole world that in a nation where politicians are accused of selling their people's interests for a few million pesos, there is a Filipino who could say No to a projected fight earnings of P1 billion simply because it is not fair.

That thought alone is enough to lift the spirits of the Filipino people. And that refreshing feeling is worth more than just the value of 1.5 million dollars.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what happend to tito when he did the same thing?
if I remember...Trinidad's handwraps didn't involve plaster of paris. Trinidad's handwraps was being questioned in the way the gauzeand tape was being used.

yeah the way Tito hands where wrapped the tape was right on the skin which after its was fully wrapped made it hard like a cast . The calling out on the handwrap is part mental on the fighter Bouie Fisher /Brother Nazim and Hopkins play on the mental very well . Its not like what Panama Lewis did and took thepadding out the glove which is way worse . Yrs of hard training and wars take their toll on a fighter and maybe that is partly what happend on Sat . night .

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Sergio Martinez vs Kermit Cintron feb. 14

Is this Kermits first bout at this weight?
smh.gif
wow that's a huge jump if it is

Has punisher vs Winky been officially signed to go yet?

More money and easier for Kermit to make 154 than 147 nowadays.

2. Paul Williams (36-1)

The sides have agreed to terms and are exchanging contracts for Williams to face Winky Wright at middleweight on April 11 on HBO. Even though Wright has been idle for ages, he still will be a serious test for Williams, especially at 160 pounds. Some have ripped the fight as a likely snorefest, but it will be an interesting fight.

"I don't think Mayweather will take that fight with him. I think Shane can beat Mayweather. They are both fast, but Mosley has more power. The only real guys out there for him are me and Manny Pacquiao. I see him picking Manny over me. Fighting me is a suicide mission," Williams said.

roll.gif

"It didn't matter what Margarito had in his gloves, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight. He didn't land nothing. He couldn't land any punches. Sugar Shane took him to school," Williams said.
laugh.gif

"Molsey saw what Paul did and what Cotto did and said to himself 'they worked him over real good so now I'm going to step in and finish him off.' He came to that fight as a finished product. We already spanked that butt and after Winky, we are going to give the same kind of spanking to Sugar Shane."
laugh.gif

yooo Ive got to hear him sayin this @@%#.
his country %%# accent be makin @@%# sound way funnier too
I hope theres a youtube of this or somethin

roll.gif
roll.gif

I can't even lie my hate for Paul is deep but I can't even be mad at him because everything he said is complete truth.

I aint mad at him. He tryin to sell himself and up his earning power.
If dudes won't fight him, how else can he muster up support or enough hate where people pay to see him get whupped.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Paul doing too much talking with not a whole lot behind it

Got to try and get these dudes in the ring somehow, keep his name out there. It isnt as if he couldnt necessarily back up anything he says. He lost toQuintana, came back and beat the !%@$ out of him. Margarito lost to Williams, and doesn't get back in the ring with him. I would say he has right tomouth off.

Undercard of Miguel Cotto vs Michael Jennings

The wildly popular John Duddy of Ireland will take on Matt Vanda and undefeated Anthony Peterson faces Edna Cherry on Top Rank's Cotto-Pavlik PPV event on Saturday, Feb. 21.

Bob Arum made the announcement today. Duddy vs. Vanda and Peterson vs. Cherry will be at Madison Square Garden where Cotto will fight for the world welterweight championship against Michael Jennings. On the same PPV, Kelly Pavlik will defend his world middleweight crown against challenger Marco Antonio Rubio at the Chevrolet Centre in Youngstown, Ohio.

Miguel Cotto got a new tattoo here he is getting the 30 day pre-weigh for his next fight vs Jennings.

13z07l2.jpg

Shane Mosley Brutally assaults Antonio Margarito someone call 911
pimp.gif

Antonio Margarito's Legacy is on The Line, Says Steward

By Mark Vester: boxingscene.com
01-28-2009.

Hall of Fame trainer and HBO broadcaster, Emanuel Steward, told the New York Post that Antonio Margarito's legacy is on the line with the controversysurrounding his hand wraps for last Saturday's bout with Shane Mosley. The California State Athletic Commission is examining two hard blocks of gauze thatwere found in Margarito's wraps before he stepped in the ring against Mosley. Nazim Richardson, Mosley's trainer, first noticed the stiff nature of thewraps when he requested to feel one of Margarito's hands. Both Richardson and Mosley's lawyer, Judd Burstein, saw what they believe to be a"plaster-like" material on both blocks of gauze.

If the material on the gauze is confirmed to be plaster of Paris, Steward deeply believes that Margarito's career will be in shambles if the allegationsare found to be true by the commission.

"He's tainted everything he has done. Now you've got a situation where every fighter that he has fought is wondering, 'Did he do that tome?' I hate [this] this happened because it makes it where there are questions about everybody he has fought. Now the question is whether Margarito hadloaded wraps for that [Miguel Cotto] fight, too. Now the biggest victory of his career is being questioned," Steward said.

Margarito's co-manager, Francisco Espinoza, has denied any wrongdoing and stands firm by his statement of no plaster-like material being on the gauze. Hesays the blocks were nothing more than additional gauze that became stiff.

Richard Schaerfer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, saw a photo of what a CSAC inspector took away for examination and says it was something more than additionalgauze.

"It's more than additional gauze, that's not a good thing to say. There was a white pad with a substance that was a grayish, concrete color onit," Schaefer told the Los Angeles Times .

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ [email protected]

"It's more than additional gauze, that's not a good thing to say. There was a white pad with a substance that was a grayish, concrete color on it," Schaefer told the Los Angeles Times .

eek.gif
till i hear that from the Commission, not just GBP's CEO, I'll take that with a grain of salt
but if that concrete +#*% is true
smh.gif

eek.gif

I just got a hold of this story on ESPNews

THis dude has PLASTER in his gloves?
eek.gif

Man, that makes me wonder about the Cotto fight
smh.gif

[h2]Margarito, trainer await results of tests[/h2]
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Margarito, trainer await results of tests

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com

Former welterweight titleholder Antonio Margarito and his trainer, Javier Capetillo, had their licenses temporarily suspended by the CaliforniaState Athletic Commission on Wednesday pending the outcome of an investigation into the "plaster-like substance" found on Margarito's hand wrapsbefore his fight last Saturday night against Shane Mosley.

"The temporary suspension will remain in effect until CSAC has fully investigated the circumstances surrounding events at the Staples Center in LosAngeles on Jan. 24, 2009," commission chairman Tim Noonan said in a statement. "A foreign substance was found by California State Athletic Commissionstaff in the hand wraps of Antonio Margarito before his bout against Shane Mosley at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The substance found in Margarito's handwraps is currently being analyzed by the California Department of Justice. An investigation as to whether either licensee violated CSAC rules is ongoing.Noonan said Margarito and Capetillo have been asked to appear at an initial hearing on Feb. 10.

About a half hour before the fight, which Mosley won by dominant ninth-round TKO to regain the welterweight championship, his trainer, Naazim Richardson,objected to the way Margarito's hands were wrapped.

When the wraps were cut off to be rewrapped, officials found what was deemed a "plaster-like substance" in the wraps. Two pieces of gauze, one ineach glove, allegedly had the substance on them.

"From what I know, there was a plaster of Paris-like substance in Margarito's wraps and the commission has these wraps under seal and is investigatingwhat kind of substance it is," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who promotes Mosley, told ESPN.com. "I'm happy to see the commissionrealized how serious the issue is and is acting swiftly. We'll see what the outcome will be of the situation."

"Commission staff will have no further comment until such time as the commission makes a final determination of whether licensee actions in this casewarrant fines, suspensions, or the revocation of licenses," Noonan said.

Past opponents of Margarito are watching the outcome of the commission investigation with interest. Attorney Pat English, who represents former Kermit Cintronpromoter Main Events and Vinny Scolpino, the manager of Joshua Clottey, sent a letter to the commission on Tuesday to alert the panel of their interest.

"We have seen many allegations in this sport and will form no conclusions until the wraps are tested," English wrote. "However, if they testpositive for an illegal substance a logical question will be whether the illegal substance was used in other bouts, and we will ask the commissions of theother states where Margarito fought to make appropriate inquiries."

English asked the commission to forward any test results related to the case.

Margarito has twice knocked out Cintron in welterweight title fights when he was promoted by Main Events, the only two losses of his career. The most recenttime came in April 2008 in Atlantic City, N.J., two bouts before Margarito faced Mosley.

Margarito retained a title via unanimous decision against Clottey in December 2006, also in Atlantic City. Clottey would go on to later win a worldtitle.

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

... would that mean, the effect of his handwraps were basically like fighting with a cast on both hands?
sick.gif
Pretty much. I've heard of people using some extra gauze here or there so it's harder but **@%%!# concrete?

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

And Mosely's EPO & HGH use gets put on the back burner again.
Getting used to it.

but if that concrete +#*% is true
smh.gif

Agree 100%. I love Margarito as much as any of his fans but if this is true it can't be forgiven, he should be prosecuted as much as hepossibly can. Not only is he cheating but the danger he may have put previous fighters in? No excuse for it at all. That's literally havingsomeone's life in your hands. It can't be condoned by anyone in boxing or any of his fans if it's proven true, safety first and if you love thesport you have to frown upon this.

Back
Top Bottom