09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

I dont see any 147 lber on both their A games beating Punisher, not the way he's fighting and sittin down on his punches.
I pray that by the end of this year we get Margarito/Paul either at 147, 154 or at a catch of 150 I don't care. Let's just put all thisto rest and if Margarito happens to pull it off then we see a 3rd winner take all fight. In a perfect world we'd see it.

Clottey would eat Berto's lunch
I'm not too sure about that...I'd still take Clottey but not in a dominating fashion.

I dont care how past his prime MAB is, he beats Amir Khan with EASE!
Agreed...he was still hitting Manny pretty hard in their last fight...take that for what it is I haven't seen MAB since then but Khan has sucha weak chin.

The way I see it you got Tonio, Mosley, Cotto, Berto, Paul, Clottey, Pacquaio and Floyd all in the equation for the division top spot. Tonio/Mosley is alreadyset and Tonio is going to face Cotto win or lose. For argument's sake let's say Tonio beats Mosely but it's a close, fantastic fight andBerto/Clottey sign on to fight each other. The winner fights Mosley with Tonio fighting Cotto. Pacquaio and Floyd fight...the winner or Tonio/Cotto fightsPaul...the winner of Berto/Clottey vs. Mosley fights the winner of Manny/PBF...the the winner of Tonio/Cotto vs. Paul fights the winner of the previous fightand by summer of 2010 right before the Knicks sign LeBron and Bosh, the welterweight division will finally be sorted out.

roll.gif
too much time on my hands and I know I messed something up. This iswhat one too many Red Bulls will do to you.

Interested to see how Margarito looks this weekend. Does he start fast or slow? Can he handle the early round speed of Mosley? Will Shane be an easy target like Cotto in terms of lack of head movement, allowing Margarito to sit on those punches?
I think he learned from the loss to Paul that he can't start slow and finish fast with everyone. I think he'll go at one pace throughoutthe fight and just break Mosley down the same way he did with Cotto. I think the speed of Shane will catch him off guard in the early stages of the fight andI think there will be more head movement. Tonio just needs to start moving to the right and cutting off that left that he failed to do against Cotto and gotcaught with the left hook so many times. Granted Shane doesn't hit as hard as Cotto but it still could lead to problems.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I dont see any 147 lber on both their A games beating Punisher, not the way he's fighting and sittin down on his punches.
I pray that by the end of this year we get Margarito/Paul either at 147, 154 or at a catch of 150 I don't care. Let's just put all this to rest and if Margarito happens to pull it off then we see a 3rd winner take all fight. In a perfect world we'd see it.

Clottey would eat Berto's lunch
I'm not too sure about that...I'd still take Clottey but not in a dominating fashion.

I dont care how past his prime MAB is, he beats Amir Khan with EASE!
Agreed...he was still hitting Manny pretty hard in their last fight...take that for what it is I haven't seen MAB since then but Khan has such a weak chin.

The way I see it you got Tonio, Mosley, Cotto, Berto, Paul, Clottey, Pacquaio and Floyd all in the equation for the division top spot. Tonio/Mosley is already set and Tonio is going to face Cotto win or lose. For argument's sake let's say Tonio beats Mosely but it's a close, fantastic fight and Berto/Clottey sign on to fight each other. The winner fights Mosley with Tonio fighting Cotto. Pacquaio and Floyd fight...the winner or Tonio/Cotto fights Paul...the winner of Berto/Clottey vs. Mosley fights the winner of Manny/PBF...the the winner of Tonio/Cotto vs. Paul fights the winner of the previous fight and by summer of 2010 right before the Knicks sign LeBron and Bosh, the welterweight division will finally be sorted out.

roll.gif
too much time on my hands and I know I messed something up. This is what one too many Red Bulls will do to you.

strangely enough....i understood ALL of that! hahahaha

this division is saving boxing! i love it!

Maybe I missed that .... I didnt see Clottey phased the entire fight

I did, HE stopped Clottey in his tracks alot. and in the corner in one of the early rounds Zab unloaded a left tha thad Joshua coverin up.
Zab didnt land anything of significance in that flurry but Clottey had to put the ear muffs on quickly.
Ive got fight on DVD, I'll re-watch it when I get home.

I pray that by the end of this year we get Margarito/Paul either at 147, 154 or at a catch of 150 I don't care. Let's just put all this to rest and if Margarito happens to pull it off then we see a 3rd winner take all fight. In a perfect world we'd see it.

I dont believe that Williams/Margarito II is gonna take place anytime soon

I cant believe somebody brought up Zab Juadah how many times are we gonna go though this smh . Clottey/ Berto hmm interesting fight I think Clotty wins but theproblem i have with Clottey is he will sometimes limit himself he will get so wrapped up in blocking punches with that high guard his offense will lack and hehas trouble fighting though pain . Berto could make it interesting if they fought by good combo's and movement cause Berto would get beat up on the insideor standing in front of him . Tonio/Shane, Tonio keeps good pace for about 7-8 rd then as Shane starts to slow down Tonio picks it up to his 110-120 punchesaround pace for the last 4-5 rd and Shane just wont be able to keep him off him and Tonio wins a uni dec. As for Paul he is fighting all over the place wedon't know if he is chasing something at 154 or 160 and how easy can he make 147 now that 7 lb difference is alot in camp . Tnio/Paul in a rematch wouldmore than likely be done after a Cotto fight at a catchweight or 154 .And the Fight goes a Bit different this time with Paul sitting down on his punches andTonio starting off faster both keeping up and incredible pace . I mean it will be one that you show to your kids and say boy they dont make fighter like theseno mo when you are 50 . Either way the winner and the loser would be feared and ducked . honestly I cant wait .

I don't want to see Zab at 147 ever again either, but i think he might be able to take out Berto. That uppercut he throws when dudes rush in is stillvicious, and if he connects on good one of those i think Berto would be done. I ultimately think Zab would beat Hatton in similar fashion, catch him rushing inwith that uppercut and goodnight.

Don't worry string.

I'm not on clottey bandwagon at all.
He's 147 lb winky wright.

Hit the ssnooze button in round 1 n wake up in round 12. And u aint missed nothin
laugh.gif

The way I see it you got Tonio, Mosley, Cotto, Berto, Paul, Clottey, Pacquaio and Floyd all in the equation for the division top spot. Tonio/Mosley is already set and Tonio is going to face Cotto win or lose. For argument's sake let's say Tonio beats Mosely but it's a close, fantastic fight and Berto/Clottey sign on to fight each other. The winner fights Mosley with Tonio fighting Cotto. Pacquaio and Floyd fight...the winner or Tonio/Cotto fights Paul...the winner of Berto/Clottey vs. Mosley fights the winner of Manny/PBF...the the winner of Tonio/Cotto vs. Paul fights the winner of the previous fight and by summer of 2010 right before the Knicks sign LeBron and Bosh, the welterweight division will finally be sorted out.

roll.gif
too much time on my hands and I know I messed something up. This is what one too many Red Bulls will do to you.
eek.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Oh now you all wanna be on the Josh Clottey bandwagon

laugh.gif

I see how it goes

laugh.gif
hell no he just so happens to have a belt so if I leave him outI'd get chastised.

ARUM: THE HATTON FIGHT IS OFF AS OF NOW

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2009

arum.081203.220w.jpg

The megabuck fight between Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao and Britain's Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton is off - as of this hour.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, in an overseas telephone conversation with www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports a short while ago said "The Hatton people have been very patient. They have told (Richard) Schaefer that tomorrow morning (London Time) they are calling a press conference announcing that they are calling off the fight."

Richard Schaefer is the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions who handle Hatton's fights in the US and negotiated the 50-50 deal with Arum.

Arum said he had informed Pacquiao's lawyer Franklin "Jeng Gacal that he "has to have a signed copy of the contract by 6:00 p.m. Manila Time. If I don't have it faxed to my house I can't prevent these people from pulling the plug."

The Top Rank promoter reiterated what he told us the other day that he had been able to get Pacquiao a 52-48 revenue split from the original 50-50 deal and had raised the guaranteed purse, adding " I don't know what these people want anymore. If it won't happen, it won't happen."

The astute and internationally renowned promoter said "I have no idea what Plan B is."

Arum said if the Hatton fight doesn't push through the world's No.1 pound-for-pound fighter will be back to getting $2 to $3 million. He speculated that Pacquiao might just have to sit out the rest of the year.

In pushing the urgency of Pacquiao agreeing to the deal as outlined in the latest contract submitted to him Arum said "he's got a few more hours."

Pacquiao's lawyer Franklin "Jeng" Gacal confirmed that Arum was not prepared to raise the guaranteed purse any higher than he had already done and had given Pacquiao an ultimatum, otherwise the fight would be called off.

Trainer Freddie Roach also indicated he was upset over the fact that he's been trying to contact Pacquiao without any success and that his calls are not even being returned. He too believes that Pacquiao won't make anywhere near the guaranteed amount for the Hatton fight no matter who he fights.

Is Manny dumb, dude doesn't realize how many Hatton fans PAY to watch him fight, especially with an exciting fight like this. With the right promotion Ithink it could be on De La Hoya status. What's everyones predictions for the fight this weekend? I think Margarito by UD. I'm thinking either Margaritoor Paul Williams goes 3/4-0 this year and takes fighter of the year.

Honesly, who cares? Manny had that in the bag.

Hatton is dumb as hell.

Put Manny in there with whoever and its gonna sell

Hatton's lose imo

SMH...
eyes.gif

Hatton brought 30,000 plus over for his fight w/ Floyd. He's one of the few legit moneymakers in this sport, there's no reason why this shouldn'tbe 50/50.

This ain't even Manny, prob his team and Arum...

My understanding is that the 50-50 split benefits Manny more than it does Hatton.
Arum and Roach have been trying to convince Manny that its fair.

But Manny gets suspect advice from his ppl and they got him thinking that he's the next DLH.

manny's team is a big one he's always travelled trained and lived with a lot of his entourage around. it makes one wonder how much influence thosedudes have on outcomes such as this. id be surprised if theres not a lotta internal politics involved in manny making a decision

hatton has one PPV fight i believe, and he is 0 for 1. manny has quite a few PPV fights and has lost only one. manny is the undisputed pound for pound #1 boxerin the sport. in order to want to fight the best, you have to pay. manny not only brings in filipinos to watch, but he has gotten to the status of whereEVERYONE wants to see him fight. theres no reason why he shouldnt get the majority of the money. Hatton's loss anyway. He is coming off a knockout loss andstill trying to get 50-50?! PLEASE!

its not about Hatton's win/Loss record in HBOs. its hsi fans travel and his fans Buy rate.

hatton was half the reason why Mayweather/Hatton was that Huge.

His supporters bring $$$$$$

I aint mad at him for asking to be compensated as such.

Word Shannon, them dudes are Pac's "Yes Men." and they help keep him grounded, they arent anything more than that.

Back
Top Bottom