09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

'Tonio catches too much hate...i've always liked him as a fighter.

He's def more in this fight than the first, BUT...he looks old at times. Not much pop, and he keeps throwin' these wide punches with no effort just tothrow them.

Honestly, as i've said numerous times before...Rocky Balboa ended Tarver's career. Watch him before filming that movie, then watch him from the Hopkinsbeating to now...he hasn't looked like the same fighter.

pimp.gif
@ Denise Tarver. But as Gunna said...she's a gold-digger, word toKanye. She just has that look...

P.S. Buddy McGirt needs to stop training fighters. The L streak continues...

what the +**+ is Max Kellerman talkin about!?!?

Tarver fought a good fight.

Im callin it, its gonna be real Close scoring.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Buddy McGirt training his way to another Loss....

Buddy is the Kiss of Death

laugh.gif
...For years too....Gatti, Tarver, Mallinagi..I think even on thecontender show his fighter lost (when bika beat codrington)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I forgot Buddy was training JDon
laugh.gif

mannn I think Chad need to do more road work, he fell apart after 9. JEEEZUZ

Chad's flaw?

He gets too comfy if he leads by the 2nd half of a fight, he suffers from that Jermain Taylor syndrome...

Calslappy still ain't comin' out of retirement, though.

EDIT:
laugh.gif
Was Buddy training Jaidon when he got KO'ed by AllanGreen?

Actually Buddy's last W was when Tarver beat Woods.

Snoozefest!

Chad Dawson doesn't do enough for me to be impressed I'm thinking Jermain Taylor 2.0 IMO B- fighter.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Snoozefest!

Chad Dawson doesn't do enough for me to be impressed I'm thinking Jermain Taylor 2.0 IMO B- fighter.
At least Chad has head movement defense and punches in combination

JT is that dude in the club parking lot who just swings two haymakers after the club lets out and knocks out dudes who half drunk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daheadache

"B+ fighter in C division."

Damn, like being a senior dominating in the JV league.

^ that quote definetly stood out to me too, and I kind of agree, but he's still young and can get better...

He's got great boxing skills, pretty strong, can put together nice combinations, but doesn't seem to be outsanding at anything...his endurance isdefinetly questionable too, i don't think he gets lazy or loses concentration, i think he gets tired...Glen Johnson wore him down with pressure and Iactually thought Dawson lost that fight...

I find it hard to call him a top p4p boxer when fighters like mayweather, pac, jmm, bhop, cotto, shane, punisher, darchinyan, donaire, pavlik (and you canpossibly name more) all seem alot more impressive than him and all have bigger wins

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Snoozefest!

At least Chad has head movement defense and punches in combination

JT is that dude in the club parking lot who just swings two haymakers after the club lets out and knocks out dudes who half drunk
laugh.gif
He has the tools to become a good fighter true but I think he lack the proper training and killer instinct to become a world class fighter IMO. Ican't see him beating a B-Hop or a decent fighter with a solid chin and good hand speed. I've been waiting on Chad to impress me.

My boy Z Gorres used to train under Buddy McGirt. He said all Buddy did was let him hit the bag and doesn't watch over you like what other trainersnormally would do.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Glen Johnson wore him down with pressure and I actually thought Dawson lost that fight...
I find it hard to call him a top p4p boxer when fighters like mayweather, pac, jmm, bhop, cotto, shane, punisher, darchinyan, donaire, pavlik (and you can possibly name more) all seem alot more impressive than him and all have bigger wins
Agreed 100%. I hope and pray we can see Chad matchup with Benard or with one of super middleweights at a catch weight.

pimp.gif
Can't wait til next weekend!

Back
Top Bottom