09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

eek.gif

Damn that was quick...

Pacquiao
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That was a pretty nasty fight. The 1st time I've actually sat down and watched a fight. Might come back thru here if I start actually watching on theregular

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

dare I say it, is Pacquiao the new Duran?
My pops made this exact comparsion
pimp.gif
. Props to Manny on ashort, great night. Didn't think '09 could top '08, but with Money May returning it's shaping up to be a GREAT year.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dako, If u want a AVY out of this KO, lemme know, this offer is only for Dako. I got the gight on my HD so its wateva u want
i would appreciate it Gunna
pimp.gif
Thanks!

fight thoughts:

Heading to this week...i was still depressed about JuanMa crushing Gerry. Took me a few days to recover from that, and what a difference a week makes! Thewhole country is high right now and everyone in the slums and streets that i saw while i was driving home were just drinkin and laughing..... i wish it waslike that everyday here. That is the effect of a Manny Pacquiao fight. And that is why he has 'nuthuggers'. He brings joy to the country. Today isSunday morning so the priest had to rush his mass so we can all go home and watch the fight
laugh.gif

Oh.... we lost money on this
grin.gif
Me and my dad placed a bet through ourfriend in the UK for $500 for a Pacquiao KO from the 3rd to the 6th rd. We picked 3rd because it was Freddie's prediction... And Manny KO's him inthe 2nd
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
Though i think for the first time... i don't mind losing that amount

After watching the fight umm.... 7 times in a row now.. lol.. i ended up feeling sorry for Ricky. He had his fiance and parents in the crowd. I hatedseeing that.. and i really don't believe your family should watch your fight... I especially got worried that Manny's mama was there live... becauseshe actually fainted in her home during the Oscar fight. While we were screaming for joy for the knockout... when they focused on Ricky's eyes andnoticed he was out, we got silent and said a prayer for his health. My mom got teary eyed too after seeing poor Ricky flat on his back. I'm glad he got upon his own and walked under his own power
pimp.gif
Much love Ricky... I'dlove to have a beer with you one day. Just like my idol Gerry... i hope Ricky does the right thing and retires... you got a kid and a beautiful fiancehomie... spend time with them

Man... i'm still too high to analyze about the fight.. .i'm drunk, i've lost my voice, and i got a headache from screamin, drinking, mixing drinks(espresso before the fight, then beer after
ohwell.gif
) Well, i can say thatMalinaggi was right on the mark.... he said the key to this would be Manny's RIGHT hook... and that was landing accurately in the 1st round...

oh one more... Jasmin Villegas..
pimp.gif
marry me?
frown.gif

There's like 3 boxing threads on the first pg
pimp.gif

So much comedy as well
laugh.gif

I love it
smokin.gif

I think I'm better off giving my 2 cents once the dust settles.

Man, I got swindled this evening

I went to a friend of a friend's crib to watch the fight and since they were all casual boxing fans ( I'll let you all guess who they were rooting for) I missed THE ENTIRE undercard

smh.gif

No Abner Mares

mad.gif

I was stuck watching the Bulls game which I knew they'd lose anyhow but whatver.

Floyd vs JMM?

Has a weight been determined yet?

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Chavez Jr aint even ready for PacMan Jones forget about Manny
roll.gif

How often is BoxRec updated? This is their P4P list:
[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Bernard Hopkins[/td] [td]light heavyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Shane Mosley[/td] [td]welterweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Juan Manuel Marquez[/td] [td]lightweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Vic Darchinyan[/td] [td]super flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Manny Pacquiao[/td] [td]light welterweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Chad Dawson[/td] [td]light heavyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Kelly Pavlik[/td] [td]middleweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Vitali Klitschko[/td] [td]heavyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ricky Hatton[/td] [td]light welterweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Nonito Donaire[/td] [td]flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Hozumi Hasegawa[/td] [td]bantamweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Arthur Abraham[/td] [td]middleweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Daisuke Naito[/td] [td]flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Wladimir Klitschko[/td] [td]heavyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Pongsaklek Wonjongkam[/td] [td]flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Denkaosan Kaovichit[/td] [td]flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Felix Sturm[/td] [td]middleweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Celestino Caballero[/td] [td]super bantamweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Carl Froch[/td] [td]super middleweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Edgar Sosa[/td] [td]light flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Paul Williams[/td] [td]light middleweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Juan Manuel Lopez[/td] [td]super bantamweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Alexander Munoz[/td] [td]super flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Omar Andres Narvaez[/td] [td]flyweight[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Malcolm Klassen[/td] [td]super featherweight[/td] [/tr][/table]

Boxrec's P4P list is always
sick.gif

its 4am and im still laughing
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

was the under card any good? only saw the main event and the end of the soto fight cause of the bulls game

-if im floyd SR i would he happy if hatton fired me, this fool didnt use ANYTHING he told him to. he went back to his old ways after the 1st knock down

- i just read part of the thread but i see gunna in there checking fan boys in the offical fight thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

oh one more... Jasmin Villegas..
pimp.gif
marry me?
frown.gif
Uhhh.....she's 15 man. I don't know how yall get down in the Philippines, but in the US twe call taht JAILBAIT.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

SHE'S 15???????? GIRLS THAT LOOK LIKE THAT HERE ARE AROUND USUALLY 18-21 ! Make up FTL
smh.gif

anyway... that right hook

^
laugh.gif
Dude came through with the MMA/UFC takedown. My pops was like"dude must think he back on the yard." Gotta hold down D-Block ninja.What I found amazing though was the dude he took down, Daniel Jacobs, had justfought last week and was back in there again yesterday
eek.gif

[h2]Cotto next for Pacquiao - Arum[/h2]
By NICK GIONGCO

May 3, 2009, 6:47pm

pacarum.jpg

Manny Pacquiao with promoter Bob Arum and trainer Freddie Roach (Reuters)

LAS VEGAS - Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum said on Saturday night though many would like to see Manny Pacquiao face Floyd Mayweather Jr., the Filipino's next likely opponent would be Puerto Rican puncher Miguel Cotto sometime in November or December with New York as venue.

Arum, grinning from ear-to-ear after Pacquiao's sensational demolition of Ricky Hatton, said during the post-fight press conference that everything would all depend on the outcome of Cotto's June 12 fight with Joshua Clottey at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Arum said Pacquiao will be on hand at the Garden when Cotto faces Clottey since he will be attending the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) awards dinner on the eve of the fight.

The BWAA has named Pacquiao as its Fighter of the Year for 2008, while cornerman Freddie Roach will receive the Best Trainer award.

This marks the second time Pacquiao will receive the award having been named as Fighter of the Year in 2006.

If everything falls into place, Pacquiao and Cotto will duke it out at the Garden, where Cotto has sold it out a few times owing to the large Puerto Rican population there.

Cotto, 5-7 a right-hander, has rebounded strongly from his knockout loss to Antonio Margarito of Mexico last year and has since made his way back into the win column, stopping Michael Jennings of the UK in five rounds at the Garden last February.

The 28-year-old Cotto, who is also under the promotional banner of Top Rank like Pacquiao, has a 33-1 card with 27 knockouts.

i would rather have Shane get a re-match with Cotto though.

pimp.gif

but

Bob countin his chickens before theyre hatched,
Gotta beat Clottey first homie.

but if that goes off,
eek.gif

I have a feeling that Arum is only going to negotiate to that PBF - Pacman fight when (if) there is absolutely no other option....
smh.gif

HueyP in LouieV wrote:
I have a feeling that Arum is only going to negotiate to that PBF - Pacman fight when (if) there is absolutely no other option....
smh.gif

Dude really seems butt hurt that Floyd wanted to branch off and do his own thing. He acted the same way when Oscar branched off and created GoldenBoy Promotions. Female tendencies FTL
smh.gif

Yah, Cotto gotta get by Clottey first.

But I'm predicting big things from MAC this year. I get the feeling that he's gonna go on a rampage (or at least I hope).

Sky Sports Vid of Pac/Hatton.
These dudes are pretty good with the commentary

Hatton didn't cover or move his head even one time in that fight.....disgraceful.

Hes lucky he didn't get more seriously hurt.

Back
Top Bottom