0402-GOLDEN_STATE_WARRIORS_VS_DALLAS_MAVERICKS-9:30EST

damn... the last three spots have never been so tight. too bad we're not in the east... LOL, we'd be like 4th....

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

warriors as of now, have a better division record than the mavs...so we'd be 8th. that's how i understand it at least.

It's conference record. It can't be division record since they're not in the same division.

Yeah because last year it would've been division record since they were battling it out with the Clippers.

I was at shoot around this morning. Walking around, Dirk looks fine. Saw him shooting and stuff, had a brace on his ankle.

The way he talked, it didnt seem like he would play tonight, but still a game time decision.

The good thing is that his knee is fine, its just his ankle that is bothering him.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I was at shoot around this morning. Walking around, Dirk looks fine. Saw him shooting and stuff, had a brace on his ankle.

The way he talked, it didnt seem like he would play tonight, but still a game time decision.

The good thing is that his knee is fine, its just his ankle that is bothering him.
yeah cuz dirk is sofT...with a capital T

Team Nuggets will be watching this game. After thinking it through, I'm gonna go with the Mavs FTW. I'd rather have space between us and GS.

Originally Posted by EL Flaco McFly

And you have no idea what your talking about

riiiigggghhhhttttt....i know that dirk is sofT...care to prove me otherwise?

lol shut up...have the injury that dirk had and lets see whos soft..lol

I got class until 8.
smh.gif
Anyways, we got to pull this one out. LETS GO WARRIORS!!

Well considering he has taken a franchise that was in the dumpster to being one of the best in the Western Conference year in and year out. Single handedlytook the Mavericks to the NBA Finals. NBA MVP....Averages 22 points and 8 rebounds a game for his career. Mavericks all time franchise leading scorer. Hasplayed through numerous injuries.
- 6-time NBA All-Star

- 7-time All-NBA

- Became the first European, the first person who hasn't attended a U.S. high school or college, and the first Maverick to win the MVP award.

- Became the first European player in NBA history to be a starter at the NBA All-Star Game

- Became the second player in NBA history to lead the league in Win Shares for at least three consecutive seasons(2005-2007). The other is MichaelJordan.

- He is the tallest NBA player to win the 3-point shootout at 7 ft.

- Named European Basketball Player of the Year by Italian sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport for five years in a row: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

- Became the fifth player in NBA history to shoot better than 50% from the field (50.2), 40% from three-point range (41.6), and 90% from theline (90.4) (2006-07). The others are Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Mark Price and Steve Nash. Along with Bird, he is the only oneof these to average more than 20 points per game.

He injured his knee and ankle 10 days ago dude, not like it has been a month.

Have you ever watched a Maverick game in your life?? And please explain to me how you "KNOW" he is soft? You friends with him? Hang out with? Playbasketball with him? Pretty sure I have more interaction with him than you do.

Even if we win tonight, we will still be in the 9th. We will have identical records, but the Mavs hold a better record in the conference.

laugh.gif
People are ridiculous. Dirk is soft for not playing tonight, only a week and a half after suffering an injury that most people said best-case scenario was2 weeks recovery... %!@@%% idiots, man. I swear.
smh.gif

Trelvis, no one ever said Dirk wasn't a good player. I said he is sofT. I'm talking about him being that 7 footer who is a punk. we showed the worldlast year that he couldn't even go in the paint and bang with Matt Barnes of all people. For as big as Dirk is, he should have been going in the paint andabusing people defending him. we know that he can shoot, but when teams but someone that can guard that, why doesnt he go down low on the blocks and abusethem? no one is saying that dirk isnt good, because he is. its just my opinion that he should be a lot tougher. Not once did i say that he's a punk formissing this game or whatever because if that was the case then I would say that MP is the biggest punk of em all, and he's on my team.

let's go war-riors!

honestly, i'm not getting my hopes up for this. i think we lose. i'd love to be proven wrong though.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
People are ridiculous. Dirk is soft for not playing tonight, only a week and a half after suffering an injury that most people said best-case scenario was 2 weeks recovery... %!@@%% idiots, man. I swear.
smh.gif
It takes one one bad apple to ruin the bunch.

So is Larry Bird soft?
roll.gif
If Dirk is only a jumpshooter why has he lead a team for about eight years that hasn't had too much support in the past? IfRay Allen and Dirk Nowitzki switched teams do you think Ray Allen could have kept his team above water? Look what happened in Seattle.
laugh.gif
I'm not pickingno Ray Allen in any way, but you just can't go and say a player is soft. Dirk is an effective jumpshooter, if you're an effective jumpshooter, youbetter be taking jumpshots! A lot of players in the NBA could be a lot "tougher," but it's not their game man. Paul Millsap's game is to getdown in the paint and do his thing, Boozer is a post-up player, some guys can do it all, but you act like everyone can, when they can't.

Not once did i say that he's a punk for missing this game or whatever because if that was the case then I would say that MP is the biggest punk of em all, and he's on my team.

Then what's the point?
laugh.gif
What is it you're trying to prove? He's soft because he doesn't go into the paint as much because that's nothis style of game?
laugh.gif
okay. If anything, it's how we match-up against the Warriors and Avery's unwillingness to get Dampier in the ball game, mostpeople don't realize but he's VERY important to our team, when he plays well, we're lightyears better than we are if he's not playing. Averyrefuses to play him for heavy minutes when we play GSW, it's not because he can't keep up, it's because he thinks that GSW will get in a fast-pacedgame and he can't make the Warriors play our game. The thing is, opposing teams shoot worse when Dampiers on the floor.

But all of you will probably disregard everything I'm saying because I'm a Mavericks fan even though in actuality I probably know just as much aboutthe Warriors as most Warriors fans, and I may even know more about the Warriors than the Mavericks because I watch virtually every game on a clear TV, insteadof streams everygame for Mavs games, so I know a lot about the players for the warriors (like for example, Harrington is 2nd best ont he team.
grin.gif
), but seriously, it's the fact that my sig says "DallasMavericks,"
laugh.gif

If Dirk doesn't play, which he probably won't, I'm not expecting a win, but we kept in it last time, and I'll be late to watching tonights gamebecause I have class, but regardless, good luck to you Warriors fans who I can stand, you know who you are.
laugh.gif

if Dirk was able to effective both inside and out, he would be dominating. The man would be unstoppable. Why do you think the warriors were able to stop him soeasily last year in the playoffs? we knew exactly what he was gonna do. camp outside and take a jumpshot. when he did catch the ball back away from the basketwe doubled him and stripped the ball from him. my point is that if Dirk was able to take it inside (at 7ft tall) he would be an even bigger mismatch forwhoever. what do u think the knock on him was last year in the playoffs? the fact that the warriors exposed his weakness, the fact that he became a 7 footerthat only shot jumpshots.

if Dirk was able to effective both inside and out, he would be dominating. The man would be unstoppable. Why do you think the warriors were able to stop him so easily last year in the playoffs? we knew exactly what he was gonna do. camp outside and take a jumpshot. when he did catch the ball back away from the basket we doubled him and stripped the ball from him. my point is that if Dirk was able to take it inside (at 7ft tall) he would be an even bigger mismatch for whoever. what do u think the knock on him was last year in the playoffs? the fact that the warriors exposed his weakness, the fact that he became a 7 footer that only shot jumpshots.
Only shooting jumpshots is a little unappreciative, but it's your opinion.

So, what if Jameer Nelson was the best shooter, the best ball handler, the best rebounder as a guard, the best defender, the best passer, he'd be the bestplayer right? Well, guess what, he's not, and Dirk isn't the most dominant. Can he dominate? Absolutely, he's attacked the rim before, but with theagility and peskiness of the Warriors game they play, he just coulnd't adjust to it, and I blame Avery for not playing Dampier more than I'd blame Dirknot "showing up." So he's a seven footer that has a weakness (at times), okay. Almost every player in the game has a weaknsess to his game, sowhat? I guess Shaq is soft because he can't make FT's? No! Of course not! So just because someone has a weakness to their game against a particularmatch-up it makes them soft? Okay. Good deal.

Fact is that Dirk was playing like an MVP again since the Kidd trade and about 2 weeks before it, ask any Mavericks fan and they'd agree, the man hadhardly any bad games since then, and he got hurt, it happens!

It's upsetting because people disregard the fact that Dirk..
1) Beat both the Suns and the Spurs in the 06 Western Playoffs, when the Suns were on top of their game, and the Spurs were on top of theirs, how many peoplehave done so? And it wasn't so much the Mavericks, it was DIRK! Sure, Devin and JET hit some key shots, but Dirk won the series for them, both of them.
2) Dirk is a reigning MVP, of course he's going to get some crap, because he's tall, he's lanky, and he's German.
laugh.gif

3) The Mavericks had a terrific REGULAR season last year, and they got a bad match-up, and Avery refused to adjust his line-up, it cost us the SHOT at beatingthe Warriors.

I have no problem with all the Dirk haters, but at least bring up valid points, it's frustrating as a fan to try and have a debate with someone whenthere's no solid evidence. I can see why fans have a problem /w Dirk, he seems one-dimesional, but he wouldn't have lead the Mavericks to the Playoffsfor 7-8 straight years and carry this team from Memphis-status to being a contender for the past 7-8 years. What kind of help has Dirk had, really? Nash isgreat in Phoenix, but he wasnt' a top 3 PG EVER in Dallas. Finley was in the tail end of his career. Josh Howard has been good, but he's streaky thisyear. Devin Harris is great, but he's gone,
laugh.gif
. Dampier was never as dominant in Dallas as he was in GSW.

DP, I wore that outfit to school my freshmen year in highschool.
roll.gif
13's and everything.

roll.gif
I laugh because no matter what, Mavs fans are gonna think he isn't...everyone has their opinion...i just feel that if he was able to use his sizemore effectively he would be consistently more dominant. with that said, tonight should be a great game, lets get this Warriors!!

Trelvis, no one ever said Dirk wasn't a good player. I said he is sofT. I'm talking about him being that 7 footer who is a punk. we showed the world last year that he couldn't even go in the paint and bang with Matt Barnes of all people. For as big as Dirk is, he should have been going in the paint and abusing people defending him. we know that he can shoot, but when teams but someone that can guard that, why doesnt he go down low on the blocks and abuse them? no one is saying that dirk isnt good, because he is. its just my opinion that he should be a lot tougher. Not once did i say that he's a punk for missing this game or whatever because if that was the case then I would say that MP is the biggest punk of em all, and he's on my team.

Dirk isnt a low post player, you assume that since he is 7 foot that he needs to be in the paint backing dudes down because thats what guys that size do.Dirks game is shooting jump shots and fade aways from mid-range, and drop some threes occasionally thats what he has done his whole career.

So you are saying he is soft because he does what he does best??

Back
Top Bottom