0402-GOLDEN_STATE_WARRIORS_VS_DALLAS_MAVERICKS-9:30EST

Lets get it!
pimp.gif

...well, every game from here on out is the "biggest game of the year"
laugh.gif
, the dallas on sunday was as well.

Nope, biggest game of the year is the Nuggs/GSW game.

This game is huge though.

If Mavs lose, we're all tied up again.

If Mavs win, full game ahead of Denver, a game-and-a-half ahead of Golden State.

DEAR GOD:

PLEASE HEAL DIRK NOWITZKI.

PLEASE.

NO SERIOUSLY, PLEASE GOD.

Who won the first two games this year, which Dirk played in?
wink.gif

THIS SEASON DAMMIT, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Dampier needs to play more, Avery won't let you guys adjust to us, we play so much better with him in the game, when he was in the game last Sunday, youguys shot 22%, and 56% with him out.
smh.gif

If the Mavs lose again, I believe it jumps the Nuggets to 7, Warriors to 8, and bumps the Mavs... Could be wrong, but I think that's where the tiebreakerswould fall...

Let's go, Warriors!

We can't allow what happened last night to happen in this game. We just have to play D and move with and without the ball and make plays. Just straight upplay without expecting calls from refs. We fell apart last night, but we got to focus on tonight. A little scrappiness wouldn't hurt, either.
wink.gif

so say the W's win tonight, what's the seeding look like with tie breakers n everything taking into effect?

This just in, Dirk still afraid of the Warriors -

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Dirk participates in shootaround, then rules himself out[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: April 2, 2008, 3:08 PM ET

DALLAS -- The Dallas Mavericks planned to be without injured Dirk Nowitzki for Wednesday night's pivotal game against Golden State, even after the reigning MVP went through the morning shootaround.

Nowitzki wants to get back during the playoff race, but is still having problems with his left ankle when he tries to stop hard or make quick moves.

3252.jpg

Nowitzki

"The work today wasn't great," Nowitzki said after the shootaround. "I'm still sore in a couple of movements."

There were hopes that Nowitzki could play Wednesday after the team upgraded his status to day-to-day following his 45-minute workout Tuesday. But that optimism faded after the shootaround session.

"I've got to be pain-free. If I can't move out there and cut and try to defend and move my feet, it really doesn't make any sense to try to get out there," Nowitzki said. "Just hobbling around wouldn't help anybody. I would rather have somebody out there that can go and give 100 percent."

Nowitzki sprained his left ankle and knee March 23. He said his knee is fine.

Coach Avery Johnson said the Mavericks planned to be without Nowitzki against the Warriors.

"We know 70 or 80 percent of Dirk is still pretty good, but we don't want to put him out there if he's in any danger," Johnson said. "Sometimes it's better to have a little bit lesser talented guy that's 100 percent than having a superstar that just can't move at all."

Dallas was definitely without Jerry Stackhouse, who has a groin injury. Johnson said Stackhouse had an MRI and would be out at least a week.

The Mavericks (46-28) went into Wednesday night's game in seventh place in the Western Conference, a half-game ahead of Denver (46-29) and a game ahead of Golden State (45-29). The top eight teams make the playoffs. Dallas and Golden State each have seven games left after Wednesday.

With the regular season winding down, Nowitzki is eager to play.

"I try to come back usually around 85 to 90 [percent] and I know I can be confident in my movement," Nowitzki said. "I don't think I'm quite at 85, but given the situation we're in, basically tied with three teams for the playoffs, I might have to come back a little earlier."

The Mavericks play at the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday and at Phoenix on Sunday.

Nowitzki didn't know when he will return, but knows he will have to play through some pain and soreness eventually.

"I think if I wait until I'm 100 percent, I think the regular season will be over," he said. "But like I said, I don't want to play where it really slows me down."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

warriors as of now, have a better division record than the mavs...so we'd be 8th. that's how i understand it at least.

Nah, I think divisional records are irrelevant. I think if it's a two-way tie, head-to-head record is the first tiebreaker, then it goes to conferencerecord. If it's a three-way tie, it goes to combined record between the three teams against each other.
Heading into the game tonight, Dallas is 3-3 against Denver and GS (one game left with GS)... GS is 2-4 against Dallas and Denver (one game leftagainst each)... Denver is 4-2 against Dallas and GS (one game left against GS)...

If it came down to Conference records, Dallas is 28-16, Denver is 27-18, Golden State is 25-19...

Both Golden State and Dallas would do themselves well to win this game tonight. Dallas locks up head-to-head tie breaker with Golden State with a W tonight,essentially adding an addition game on their lead. Golden State pulls even with Dallas with a win, and gives themselves an opportunity to gain the advantage ofthe tiebreaker in a 3-way tie if they then beat Denver in a few days...

Back
Top Bottom