🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

That's fair. If Drake said "Don't worry if I write rhymes, I write checks" instead of "The talk at the corner store is I'm TBE" the hate would go away for you. I feel like most would still find something to say.

Also the songs where he had help were R&B joints or the IYRTITL trap joints. If it came out someone wrote Weston Road Flows, Club Paradise, 4pm in Calabasas etc., that would bother me.
How did he finesse all of this **** from Jane and Weston? :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Drake lowkey like Barry Bonds. Dude was already great, on his way to the HOF. Then he was like aw y'all ****** like Home Runs(trap joints)? Now he been caught with the needle in his *** cheek and everyone questioning what he did before IYRTITL and after :smh:

Great analogy spot on

Yeah that Bonds comparison is off cuz Drake got worse once he started using "roids". :lol: And if it's true he been using writers way before it got exposed he looks even worse.

I liked most of drakes music, my hate comes in from not knowing if he penned the song or not. It's really not a big deal for songs like one dance and controlla, but other songs like too much, yea it matters.

I'm not going to ignore someone always saying he's the best and at the top of the rap game and he's not even writing his own lyrics.

That's fair. If Drake said "Don't worry if I write rhymes, I write checks" instead of "The talk at the corner store is I'm TBE" the hate would go away for you. I feel like most would still find something to say.

I agree with this though. Diddy never came out talkin bout he better than Nas or Jay. His thing was he the best hustler/business man.

Not that I agree but biggest only means the white folks love u. They the ones that control the machine and buy all these albums, once u put out music they relate too u become a megastar. Ask Eminem, he hasn't tried in over a decade. Best>biggest.

Agreed. People gotta understand that being the most popular doesn't mean you're the best. Never would I say Drake is the best rapper ever. But as far as status, he's up there.

laugh.gif
 @ believing he only had writers for the r&b and "trap" songs. That doesn't even make sense. So he uses writers for songs that aren't dense at all in subject matter but when it's time to get technically proficient on bars on his more personal and  introspective work ...all of a sudden he's a full time creative and pens everything? Ok.

You guys will say anything to cape for this guy. I don't even think there's anything wrong with having writers. Just say you don't care and move on. Stop it with these dumb *** excuses.

Last edited:
Agreed. People gotta understand that being the most popular doesn't mean you're the best. Never would I say Drake is the best rapper ever. But as far as status, he's up there.
But his fans will say that off the wall ****. If he's your favorite cool, but to fix their mouths and say he's the best is like... what? He is the most popular active rapper, I'll give him that. But can we really consider him a rapper? He raps 50% of the time and has writers, he's an artist/pop star.

Drake and Rihanna collaborations need to End. Rihanna is usually terrible on them.

Rihanna when she's not talking about ignorant things is just not tolerable. Work is the only passable effort from her

Yeah I agree with this. Eapecially the Rihanna ignorant bit.

Although I did like whats my name when it first came out. Not so much now though.

Child's play was the biggest grower on me from views.

Why would drake and Rihanna stop collaborating when they can drop simplistic ******** together and top the charts

Last edited:
Feel no ways
Too good
Pop Style kind of
Faithful
9 (Love the ending tho. Wish that was the actual song)
Still here

These records do nothing for me when it comes to views.

I'm late on 4PM. You mean to tell me this guy got bars for Puff and Joe Budden but aint said **** to Pusha?

See man...

Last edited:
He don't want it with Budden, Push or Kendrick. Will get annihilated and humiliated with the quickness. Already got destroyed on Exodus 23:1, all that **** was true.

Like it or not Drake with writers is the biggest rapper of all the times.

Biggest rapper of all time? You're definitely caught up in the moment. He's one of the biggest pop stars today but not of all time. You're buggin.

Last edited:
He don't want it with Budden, Push or Kendrick. Will get annihilated and humiliated with the quickness. Already got destroyed on Exodus 23:1, all that **** was true.
Biggest rapper of all time? You're definitely caught up in the moment. He's one of the biggest pop stars today but not of all time. You're buggin.
Won't matter much in the public eye. He wins any beef by default due to his popularity.

Even if Meek would've released the hardest diss of all time it probably wouldn't have done much

Yeah that Bonds comparison is off cuz Drake got worse once he started using "roids".
laugh.gif
And if it's true he been using writers way before it got exposed he looks even worse.

His bars are worse cuz he's chasing hits. Bonds didn't take roids to be the best, he did it cuz he was jealous of the spotlight Big Mac and Sammy had. He wanted to be the guy just like Drake wants to be the guy. To be the guy you need to have bangers. We all know 9 out of 10 bangers are going to have that Atlanta sound. It started with Versace, then the Trinidad James sounding Started from the Bottom. My guy was like **** it ima just have an ATL ***** help write me some jams. 

laugh.gif
 @ believing he only had writers for the r&b and "trap" songs. That doesn't eve
Smh. So a song, nah, a smash hit is easy to write because there aren't triple entendres every other line? Put a gun to Nas head and he wouldn't come close to what Know Yourself was. Mugs stay disrepecking the artistry of the south. And writers on those songs make perfect sense. Drake is basically an east coast rapper that can hold a note. He's not from Atlanta, he's not a R&B singer. If he's getting help, its going to be on those tracks. Comeback Season confirms he can get "technically proficient on bars".

Can only think of six rappers in front of him and he's 29. Him being a rapper in this age definitely helps. And again being the biggest has less to do with rap and more to do with standing in pop culture.

Know Yourself was a smash hit eh?
It wasn't? You going off billboard huh?

Hits =/= writing ability =/= actual talent

Drake can write/rap for days but thats not what he's catering to

Last edited by a moderator:
A smash is inescapable. You hear it everywhere. When you in the club everybody knows the words. Maybe the title is fooling you? Know Yourself is the one where he says I was running through the 6 with my woes.

Hits =/= writing ability =/= actual talent

Drake can write/rap for days but thats not what he's catering to
Save for the Drake can write/rap for days part...I agree with this. Which was my original point. 

I personally don't care that he was writers. There's nothing wrong with being a vessel for other artists to create through. It's all art at the end of the day.

Just spare me all the BS theories on his creative process in attempt to make it seem like it aint what it is.
A smash is inescapable. You hear it everywhere. When you in the club everybody knows the words. Maybe the title is fooling you? Know Yourself is the one where he says I was running through the 6 with my woes.
Sorry...no...that wasn't a "smash hit". 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom