🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

big fan of nineteen85's work.

I didn't scope out the music thread or this post yet, but anyone listen to the album Sept. 5 - DVSN?
It's been on rotation, heavy. More so than Views for me personally.
Anyone yearning for old 90's r&b, this is the album for you.

This doesn't sound anything like a Babyface, Jodeci, Blackstreet, Jon B, Boyz II Men, Toni Braxton, Ginuwine, R. Kelly or Janet Jackson CD from the 90s. DVSN sounds like your typical OVO sound.

This doesn't sound anything like a Babyface, Jodeci, Blackstreet, Jon B, Boyz II Men, Toni Braxton, Ginuwine, R. Kelly or Janet Jackson CD from the 90s. DVSN sounds like your typical OVO sound.
These the same dudes that say drake makes r&b no wait he's a breath of fresh air for r&b music. They obviously don't know what 90s R&B is nor do they care.

If you want to listen to 90s R&B, why not just listen to 90s R&B? Most of the artist (& acts) named above have extremely deep catalogs too.

Also
100% Ginuwine>>>
:smokin

850,000 albums sold on just iTunes is mad suspect. Never cracked 650,000 first week and that was with physicals and other digital sites. Now, when sales are stupid low and you can stream Apple Music for free with a trial or just $10 a month he goes and sells 850K albums on just iTunes.....makes perfect sense.
being that Apple is a publicly traded company and album sales have to be accurately reported because it generates revenue (not only for iTunes but Drake) I highly doubt these numbers are inflated. Just saying ...

I also want to know what's a summer anthem ... Some people just equate this type of music to soft or questionable guys ..
Not everyone is a thug, insecure, or care what others think.

So yes I can see a bunch of people listening to Controla and One Dance ... Hell I saw a bunch of people listening to hotline Bling and to me that's a much softer song ... Oh well ...

Summer anthems usually have those good vibes and catchy choruses, DJ Khaled is a master at summer anthems

When I think of Summer Anthems, I think of tracks like

Trap Queen

Happy by Pharrell

Get Lucky by Daft Punk

I don't see One Dance getting that big (Even though it's already a #1)

Last edited:
a6Q6qN8.gif

Last edited:
I must have a different definition of summer anthem. Summer anthems are the songs that everybody in the club knows word for word, every car that's riding u hear the song blasting out the car, the song that locks the summer down. **** sounds like some straight dancehall island party song. I can only imagine being in the club and those joints come on after bmf [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Car full of dudes on their way to a party blasting one dance :lol:

2 diff types of "summer anthems". You got your "BMF"...then you got your Ja Rule, "Put it on me", or "Where the party at".....dudes weren't riding round in the whip bumping that, but enjoyed it at a scene.

One dance falls in the latter category. Hell, we forget Sean Paul was killing the early 00s with "summer dancehall anthems".

Can't deny "Like Glue" :pimp:

2 diff types of "summer anthems". You got your "BMF"...then you got your Ja Rule, "Put it on me", or "Where the party at".....dudes weren't riding round in the whip bumping that, but enjoyed it at a scene.

One dance falls in the latter category. Hell, we forget Sean Paul was killing the early 00s with "summer dancehall anthems".

Can't deny "Like Glue" :pimp:
Sean Paul get busy>drake struggle singing trynna squeeze himself into dancehall.

We all know drake is a huge fraud, even back when he was getting sued for stealing rappin 4 Tay lyrics (and people ignored it then)

But can you admit that one dance bumps?
That **** terrible man. Different strokes I guess y'all ****** like what u like. I hope in one of my homies car and he hit the radio and that moist **** coming out his speakers everybody giving him the stoneface.

lol ...

I just realized where all the Drake hate was coming from.

I haven't been over the other thread since before I went on house arrest, so forgot about you.

LoL
Let me guess u got caught stealing... like your favorite artist

That **** terrible man. Different strokes I guess y'all ****** like what u like. I hope in one of my homies car and he hit the radio and that moist **** coming out his speakers everybody giving him the stoneface.
Rule:

First song you put on with the guys is Pastor Troy "Vica Versa" 

Hotline Bling is a real good record. I still like it even though it's been played to death but this fake dance hall **** just sounds forced.

Let me guess u got caught stealing... like your favorite artist
huh? What is you talking about?

I just remember you crying in the Meek thread, telling all the Drake stands to leave you and Meek alone and come back to this thread.

But it's cool man ... Drake still looking Meek and yes One Dance and Controla can be summer jams. You in the minority ...

Back
Top Bottom