🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Nothing Was The Same is a much better album than this, been playing that alot. some songs on Views are growing on me but it's a weak effort.

FEEL AWAY.. FEEL AWAY.. YOUNG *****.. FEEL AWAY

I'VE STOPPED LISTENING TO THINGS YOU SAY

right in the feels
frown.gif

Realistically, he would not have. Never seen a positive rap review come out of dude ever.

But if he did I'd have my doubts cause he's destroyed other Drake projects and this isn't the best of them so it wouldn't make any sense.

TPAB got a 10 if I'm not mistaken, but you thought it was wack. Review was pretty accurate. 4-6/10 is accurate for this album.

a ZERO tho?
sick.gif
roll.gif
To be fair it was more than deserved, should've been a -10. That Cudi album is hands down the worst garbage I've listened to in years, possibly ever.

Couldn't last through a single full song. I remember being irritated I didn't put it in the recycle bin immediately.

There's literally zero redeeming factors about it. 

Last edited:
To be fair it was more than deserved, should've been a -10. That Cudi album is hands down the worst garbage I've listened to in years, possibly ever.
Couldn't last through a single full song. I remember being irritated I didn't put it in the recycle bin immediately.
There's literally zero redeeming factors about it. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ the Cudi slander.
What happened to my guy?

I would give this album a 6 out of 10. Slightly better than what Fantano gave it, only because records that he thought were bad, I thought were shining points on the album like One Dance and Controlla.

For me, Drake is always going to sound good. It's his biggest edge over everyone else in Hip-Hop. His beats are never a hard listen, and whether it's R&B drake, Trap Drake, Dancehall Drake, he's always going to sound good. He has a really good voice for music.

However, it's the content on the album that's just flat out not interesting anymore and he doesn't do himself any favors by making it 20 songs. The album is just too long and when you're talking about the same thing, you need to make it as concise as possible. 

That being said, the best moments on the album are when he strays away from his typical formula. One Dance, Controlla, are records that are at the very least different. They aren't what you would expect from Drake and for me, are a pleasant move away from the slow, murky underwater whining / crooning that we get from Drake. Weston Road Flows is a great standout record and probably one of Drake's best ever. It has the underwater 40 style beat, but he keeps the Mary J presence on the record, and chooses to use her voice as an instrument for drake to rap over, which was a welcome touch. 

Another bright spot was Fire and Desire, where he isn't really whining w/the R&B, it's a flat out throwback to a sensual 90's sound which was done brilliantly. But overall, the album is too long with quite a bit of unnecessary filler. While I definitely enjoy One Dance and Controlla, it felt like he was overdoing it with Feel no ways and Too Good w/Rihanna, records that sound like he's trying to do the dancehall thing, and doesn't sound organic at all. 

U with Me is another dope record, another record in which you won't hear anything that you haven't heard from Drake before content wise, but the production and DMX sample gives his melodramatic relationship with an ex some life. The bridge on the 2nd half of the record was one of the best moments as well.

Keep the Family Close.

U with Me 

Hype
Weston Road Flows

Redemption

Controlla

One Dance

Grammys

Pop Style

Summers Over interlude

Fire and Desire

Hotline Bling

I feel like if the album was just these 13 songs, it would have been awesome. Records like Child's play, Too Good, With You, Faithful, Still Here, Feel No ways, are just either unnecessary or just sooooo bad, corny, and cheesy that I couldn't tolerate them. 

6/10.
My Review for Views.

Last edited:
Its interesting how wide the array of peoples favorite songs is on this album. that tells me theres something for everybody. people are gonna backtrack hard in the next couple years

Not a real big Drake fan. First listen was horrible, second listen was better. I also felt every song on the album pretty much sounded the same.

Ya'll spend too much time trashing Drake. :lol: Like ya'll go out of your way to trash this dude. We get it. He's a culture vulture, he doesnt write hip raps, blah blah blah. People been saying the same **** for 8 years already. :lol: Let it go

Last edited:
I know I said I wasn't gonna do it but I was really curious on how my song rearrangement will sound, and I can tell you I like the album a whole lot better! Heres the order:

1. Views (Intro)
2. One Dance
3. Hotline Bling
4. Hype
5. U With Me?
6. 9
7. With You
8. Feel No Ways
9. Controlla
10. Summers Over Interlude
11. Still Here
12. Faithful
13. Grammys
14. Childs Play
15. Pop Style [Throne Version]
16. Weston Road Flows
17. Too Good
18. Redemption
19. Fire & Desire
20. Keep The Family Close

Just my experience but it may be worth a try for you still on the fence about the album

Last edited by a moderator:
*Jordan, Majid is the singer of the duo.

That boy laced it.

:lol:

Ironic I just learned this last night from a Canadian broad. :evil:

But on first listen of this album, I can't front, I was dissapointed. Flows were lazy, lyrics were basic, but the production is extraordinary.

With that being said, SEVERAL songs have grown on me A LOT. I think this album will grow on many people the same way.

Controlla
Child Play
One Dance
Hype
WRF
Views
Fire and Desire

You can't say this album doesn't have bangers.

Last edited:
Also someone break down whatever deeper meaning y'all got for "9". I'm intrigued now and it's corny to be like "nah b this upper echelon knowledge too advanced for you" :lol:.
My mans already explained it tho...

Let me break it down for you boys
I turn the 6 upside down it's a 9 now

Let's start with the basics
The 6 = (Drake's Atlanta Version of Toronto)
When you take a 6 and turn it upside down it becomes a greater number than what it once was ironically the 9, This can only be done with the number 6

Drake has taken Toronto (The 6) and turned it upside down,  (Making it the number 9, which is a greater number)
Drake has shinned a light on Toronto artist like how Gucci (The Real 6 God)  did for Atlanta artist

Being a Canada artist coming down to the States and running the rap/ RnB game,
The 6 is being referenced in songs on the radio
Example: (Canada jawn I think that  b---- from the 6)

He's flipped the script of what we thought Canadian artist were like
When you flip the 6 it becomes the 9

Now let's get in deeper
6 and 9

In order to see a 9 in a 6 you have to see it from a different angle (View)
Drake wants the states to see the 6 (Toronto) From a different View

Views from the 6

I'd take this even further but I would only end up blowing my own mind.

That ish deep forreal... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom