🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Nope. It's believed to be about a collaboration he and Vinylz put together for Travis's album. People think it's a joint with The Weeknd and Drake together on it.

Really? I thought The Weeknd and Drake hated each other right now. Sure sounded like it on that Drake x Zane Lowe interview.

Eh Idk

I saw Cash, one of the XO managers, on snapchat with French Montana at OVO fest

Saying you like the OVO drake better than is pretty much saying the weeknd > pnd

Na I don't really compare Weeknd and PND, they're different types of artists when you get deeper into it.

I just have to say that Take Care run is still the best music that Drake has put out.

Even the b-sides from then like Free Spirit are Top 20-25 Drake songs.

Cameras/Good Ones Go? Classic material.

PND>> weeknd as of right now. Especially after each of they last albums

Weeknd has about two styles and one is trash, as we've seen with his newest album.

Party can literally do any type of music...dude started(or resurfaced for you sticklers) the dancehall wave. He can do that type of music easily. He can make bangers, he has a lot of suprisingly dark material on this new album. Dude has robin thicke, maxwell sounding ****. He's just a more well rounded rnb artist and he writes and produces most of his music for u guys who pretend to care.

Let's play by the haters rules, party writes all drake **** right? So that means he has three drake albums up under his belt, NWTS IYRTITL and VIEWS all while dropping his own music. Weekend gave drake what 4 or 6 songs for take care? :lol: and you know son don't rap so u can only give him credit for the hooks and singing verses.

Verdict PND> WEEKND

I would say it was a fair exchange drake put weeknd on a Grammy winning album and gave him some mainstream popularity and weeknd gave drake a couple songs for his album

After reading the pages of nonsense.... Simple as this.....quentin millers version of know yourself is buns.....drakes is great. I said previously that people forget about the music sounding good and anyone of us here can write a song but how many of us can make it SOUND good? As a person who enjoys future as well as drake.... Why does future get a pass for SOUNDING good with no lyricism but then drake gets flamed for actually putting effort with his crew to create GOOD quality lyrics? Future might not be using writers i guess will be the response but how tough are the lyrics on 56 nights or march madness which are two of the greatest songs recorded ever.......the lyrics are NOTHING/EMPTY but future makes it SOUND good so it is GOOD music..... starting to believe that people will just hate on whoever is the best (like lebron) just to go against the grain....its like the bad kids at school who HAVE to sit in the back of the class because the normal kids care about their education and go to learn....not to be different/ cool

Some people are ghostwriters.

Some people need ghostwriters.

I would say it was a fair exchange drake put weeknd on a Grammy winning album and gave him some mainstream popularity and weeknd gave drake a couple songs for his album

Absolutely, they both used each other and they both benefited.

It all went to **** over ego :smh:

Could've been great

The weeknd was tired of getting his music taken and staying in that tent, if he stayed he would be what PND is right now. PND will be gone next year

Agree with pnd leaving, he has potential to be big (no ayo), but right now he's drakes understudy, he's trying to break away from that. Dude is talented and marketable.

The OVOXO thing would've worked if they both agreed one isn't under the other, instead, they both at the top, but since at that point Drake was the bigger artist he probably wanted weeknd to sign under him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ppl seem to think that The Weeknd was OVO at one point.

He never was under Drake's wing or in the OVO tent. Their relationship was a transaction. Drake put him in the spotlight, in return the Weekend let him have joints he already had in the stash to use on Take Care. And that was that. 

Akademiks said Charlemagne is about to finesse a Drake interview either with or without Envy or Yee so that should definitely be covered in that if it ever takes place which I doubt it will because Charlemagne is gonna cover EVERYTHING.

I don't know Charlamagne sounded like a wild groupie, on TBI when Andrew asked him about meeting Drake at the concert.

Son needed to come up for air. He still my guy but man he sounded like him and Drake sat shirtless listening to Marvins room in the candle lit green room

this ain't street battling this is diluted commercial rap/hip hop ..

We aren't talking about Bumpy Knuckles Big L Killah Priest etc . .

Stop it, you playing yourself ...

Look at how Guilli the Kid wrote for Lil wayne and no one cares.

We don't care B ...

XXL: Were you straight writing verses for Wayne, or was it more of a coaching thing?
Gillie: No, Wayne had good breath control, so it was really more of a study thing.

Read More: Gillie Da Kid Behind the Music - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2006/07/gillie-da-kid-behind-the-music/?trackback=tsmclip

Last edited:
A lot of the times with these _'s what they say regarding them writing heavily depends on whether those checks are still clearing or not :lol:

Gillie for instance also went on Rap City the very next year and said he wrote damn near the whole Carter 1 and then proceeded to go into the booth and spit pretty much a "Wayne verse" complete w/ the lil laugh and everything :lol: :smh:

Edit:

Last edited:
When 'Keep The Family Close' finally hits you :x :smh:

Most underrated record on Views.

All of of "Let's just be friends" are friends that I don't have anymore.

Such a bar.

Fair enough. Can't argue that, when this album came out I was the only person really messing with it that I knew.

This is actually the second project of Drake's where my favourite song never changed. I'm excluding Room for Improvement and Comeback Season

So Far Gone - Changed from Ignorant S___ to Lust For Life

Thank Me Later - It was always Light Up

Take Care - Its changed several times and I cant even pick right now

Nothing Was The Same - Changed from Worst Behaviour to Tuscan Leather to Connect (best singing Drake song)

If You're Reading This It's Too Late - 6 Man to Star 67 (Top 10 Drake Song ever for me)

What A Time to Be Alive - Jumpman to Diamond Dancing. Scholarships is also better than Jumpman.

Views - Keep the Family Close

Last edited:
Fair enough. Can't argue that, when this album came out I was the only person really messing with it that I knew.

This is actually the second project of Drake's where my favourite song never changed. I'm excluding Room for Improvement and Comeback Season

So Far Gone - uptown
Thank Me Later - show me a good time
Take Care - cameras :x :x
Nothing Was The Same - Come thru
If You're Reading This It's Too Late - Legend
What A Time to Be Alive - Diamonds dancing
Views - U with me

[emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji][emoji]127942[/emoji]
Seven rings Rahbutt Orryyyy

My picks

Last edited:
Sfg- nov 18th and it's not even close. Several great songs tho.
Tml- up all night, miss me at a close second. .
Take care - not crazy about any of them, a collection of good songs tho. Either take care or look what you've done.
Nwts- language, easy. That, all me and come through are the only songs i like on that album.
Iyrt- too many to choose. His best work imo. Legend, 10 bands, 6 man, when the beat changes on *67/no tellin :smh: son.
Views - hype
Wattba-jersey, (since,he's not on that) I'm the plug

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom