⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny is that oubre is gonna shoot like 60% over the next month and get back to his career averages :lol:

Last edited:

Screenshot_20210129-030151~2.png
Screenshot_20210129-030057~2.png

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican this is what it looks like. Do you understand now?

Last edited:

Screenshot_20210129-030151~2.png
Screenshot_20210129-030057~2.png

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican this is what it looks like. Do you understand now?

I've never not understood the theory, I've just never agreed.

Check the efficiency of his 4th quarters though.

To solely look at KB'd 4th quarter scoring numbers and say that is or is the main reason for thier success will always be a TV Sports talk approach of analysis to me. It is a lazy argument that doesn't paint the entire picture.

It doesn't tell the whole picture of what happens over the course of a 48 min game.

I have stated before that I don't believe the final 12 mins are any more important than the first, 2nd, or 3rd - 12 minutes.

Sure there is more PRESSURE since time is close to expiration and humans naturally stress over time losd but I will never buy the idea that a team wins/loses JUST/MOSTLY by what happened in the 4th.

That isn't how I view the game.

I would imagine anyone that sits and breaks down film of every possession of a game would also feel the same.

"Superstar needs to dominate in the 4th for the team to win" is a super basic snapshot approach.

Lol it reminds me of dudes that used to overcomplicate talking to girls. 'You're crazy..you can't just whip your **** out. Women are sentient beings that require an emotional investment and diverse time management in order to..'. Like bruh wtf are you talking about 🤦🏽‍♂️:lol:

Sorry DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican . Moving on..

Then we'll never see eye to eye. Agree to disagree and move forward
Legit question.

Without using analogies/metaphors that are completely unrelated and/or don't share any similar lines of reasons.

Why do you believe the 4th quarter is MORE important than any other quarter of a full 48 minute NBA game?

Interested in the actual thought process in that belief.

Legit question.

Legit question.

Without using analogies/metaphors that are completely unrelated and/or don't share any similar lines of reasons.

Why do you believe the 4th quarter is MORE important than any other quarter of a full 48 minute NBA game?

Legit question.
Why is the last leg of a race more important than the first?

Please answer the question

Legit question.

Legit question.

I've seen so many talented kids fold in the 4th coaching AAU, it's a huge mental thing. The idea of being "a dog" is lowkey a real thing as dumb as it sounds.

Please answer the question
I used to have a friend like you that used to overcomplicate the simplest things. I understand how you think which means I know you're too left brained to understand where I'm coming from and will never grasp the concept. And it's cool

I've seen so many talented kids fold in the 4th coaching AAU, it's a huge mental thing. The idea of being "a dog" is lowkey a real thing as dumb as it sounds.
Yea, I JUST said that the 4th is filled with more pressure than any other quarter of the game.

But because something produces more anxiety doesn't mean it is more important.

It just means the human mind recognizes he/she is up against a time limit at that point.

It doesn't mean it is more important.

I used to have a friend like you that used to overcomplicate the simplest things. I understand how you think which means I know you're too left brained to understand where I'm coming from and will never grasp the concept. And it's cool

Whenever you are able to explain why you feel the 4th quarter is more important, I am here.

You can use as many stalling techniques you see fit.

Would your teams have been in better positions to win if those kids didn't fold in the 4th?

Would your teams have been in better positions to win if those kids didn't fold in the 4th?
Or what if they had executed better in the half-court during the 2nd quarter?

Or what if their starting PG hadn't gotten in foul trouble in the 1st half?

And then what if they wouldn't have been on the receiving end of a 14-4 run by the other squad to start the 2nd half.

Whole picture.

You call it overcomplicated.
I call your view over-simplified.

Like I said, if you coached a team and had a film session reviewing EVERY possession of a game, you wouldn't blame a loss on the performance of your best player in the last quarter. No sane coach would.

There's no use in explaining because you'll never get it. Otherwise you would've already got it a long time ago. Moving on
I get it.

I for sure get how limited of an approach it is.

I'm just wondering if you are simply able to explain why you even feel the way you do. (The 4th being the most important)

You could be honest and simply say, "Because that is what we have been conditioned to believe" and leave it at that.

But dancing around it has been your method of avoiding it.

Cool.

Man I hate to talk **** about those kids, they were fam to me.

I mean to be direct, yeah. But Idk man, not gonna lie 2 of our wing players I considered little brothers died before they went to college so I'm biased again. **** eats at me every day. Dogs are dogs though and they both were KILLERS.

**** man I miss those kids.

RIP Dynamite, Rip Armani. I miss my brothers so much, **** has my bawling right now thinking about them.

I miss my brothers man. ****

707's finest. We put that work in and those young kings were D1 bound. We took Vegas, Reno, LA, Oregon.

My brothers.

Last edited:
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican or anybody else.

Can you guys find me videos or training vids for increasing to unlimited range? I shoot a lot of 3s, but always just a foot or 2 behind the line despite how much ridiculous strength I have. None use a lot of legs. So it has to be mechanics. Even Lethal Shooter shoots close. I want that disrespectful range curry and Dame and trae and bron have. I can shoot far, but it's not as effortless as it is with them and my accuracy drops.

Put me on the tapes.

Trae doing this easy af

Dig around the videos of this page.

Watch "Pro Shot System" on YouTube

Or what if they had executed better in the half-court during the 2nd quarter?

Or what if their starting PG hadn't gotten in foul trouble in the 1st half?

And then what if they wouldn't have been on the receiving end of a 14-4 run by the other squad to start the 2nd half.

Whole picture.
Do you think these kind of things didn't happen to the Lakers in 05-06?

Do you think these kind of things didn't happen to the Lakers in 05-06?
It is basketball so it happens to EVERY team during every game.

Those things happening aren't a recipe for losing because luckily you are matched up against other flawed human athletes as well.

So limiting mistakes and capitalizing on your opponents mistakes THROUGHOUT the gamd is what the aim is. (Including performing in the Clutch).

Again, whole picture.

But like you said, we can move on since we are admittedly not watching games using the same type of lense.

That is ok though.

So limiting mistakes and capitalizing on your opponents mistakes THROUGHOUT the gamd is what the aim is. (Including performing in the Clutch).

Again, whole picture.

But every second of the game is created equally and there's no such thing as clutch. A game winning shot is no different than the first point of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom