⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
good for KAT considering the year he’s had. That’s a fine black woman
That thang picked up it's pivot and took multiple steps
wow.png

Why would that be the case?

Also, isn't a step-back a variation of a Euro Step?
I don't know why it would be the case, I just thought it was the rules.

You're talking to the wrong guy, I don't like the step-backs at all. That always looked like a travel to me.

I don't know why it would be the case, I just thought it was the rules.

You're talking to the wrong guy, I don't like the step-backs at all. That always looked like a travel to me.
And why did it look like a travel?

It isn't about liking it, it is about knowing the rules.

If you are allowed to take 2-steps when gathering to take a layup, why wouldn't you be able to do the same regardless of the direction of the steps?

2 steps = 2 Steps.

Rewire the thinking.

Two steps.

Doesn't matter if their forward, backwards, side to side. Cha cha, macarena. **** it's two steps.

Euro step? Step back? How about a spin? Half spin? All two steps.

The problem with all of this is the NBA and the gather. That's a whole other bucket of worms when you combine the athleticism and fluidity of guys who been doing it they whole life.

And why did it look like a travel?

It isn't about liking it, it is about knowing the rules.

If you are allowed to take 2-steps when gathering to take a layup, why wouldn't you be able to do the same regardless of the direction of the steps?

2 steps = 2 Steps.

Rewire the thinking.
What can I say,, some of these go against what I've been taught growing up playing basketball. I'm not involved in basketball right now as a career so I don't care enough to immerse myself in the technicalities of coming off a pivot correctly. I'm just expressing what I knew growing up compared to what seems to be established moves. Gathering was only reserved for driving in the leagues I played for, there was no omni-directional 2-step moves being drawn up by any teams I played for, it just feels like it contradicts the pivot rule entirely in my mind.

What can I say,, some of these go against what I've been taught growing up playing basketball. I'm not involved in basketball right now as a career so I don't care enough to immerse myself in the technicalities of coming off a pivot correctly. I'm just expressing what I knew growing up compared to what seems to be established moves. Gathering was only reserved for driving in the leagues I played for, there was no omni-directional 2-step moves being drawn up by any teams I played for, it just feels like it contradicts the pivot rule entirely in my mind.

But I will say being a viewer of the game, it helps to know what you are watching from a technical aspect. Having a career in the sport doesn't matter.

I hear you though. We all were taught thing that were incorrect when it comes to footwork. That is why so many of us are conflicted by what we see and call EVERYTHING a travel.

Hopefully we aren't teaching the younger generation the same lies.

lol no.

a step back is a step back

Outside of the traveling direction, what makes them different?

Are they both not "Tap / Tap" (2-Step) situations?

Two steps.

Doesn't matter if their forward, backwards, side to side. Cha cha, macarena. **** it's two steps.

Euro step? Step back? How about a spin? Half spin? All two steps.

The problem with all of this is the NBA and the gather. That's a whole other bucket of worms when you combine the athleticism and fluidity of guys who been doing it they whole life.

:pimp:

But I will say being a viewer of the game, it helps to know what you are watching from a technical aspect. Having a career in the sport doesn't matter.

I hear you though. We all were taught thing that were incorrect when it comes to footwork. Hopefully we aren't teaching the younger generation the same lies.
****, I could have used some of this since I was always the short PG on the team. There was so many times I could have just blown by slower, taller defenders near the key. :lol:

****, I could have used some of this since I was always the short PG on the team. There was so many times I could have just blown by slower, taller defenders near the key. :lol:

Yea, young folks have access to so much more these days.

Not saying that would have made any of us better in our respective time periods though because the best of any era were always a "step" ahead of the era.

Outside of the traveling direction, what makes them different?

Are they both not "Tap / Tap" (2-Step) situations?
No.

a step back is a SIDE STEP

a euro step is a step in ONE direction and the second step in the OPPOSITE direction.

American basketball teach you to gather your dribble and take 2 steps in the direction you want to go

europeans teach you to gather your dribble and take the first towards one direction and the second step in the opposite direction...unconventional and awkward thus it’s name.

No.

a step back is a SIDE STEP

a euro step is a step in ONE direction and the second step in the OPPOSITE direction.

American basketball teach you to gather your dribble and take 2 steps in the direction you want to go

europeans teach you to gather your dribblr and take the first towards one direction and the second step in the opposite direction...unconventional and awkward thus it’s name.

You will come around one day.

Just let me know when you do.

2 Steps = 2 Steps.

It’s the gather dribble.

It’s why harden euro so different. He gathers his dribble mid stride so he gets an additional 2 strides.

It’s the gather dribble.

It’s why harden euro so different. He gathers his dribble mid stride so he gets an additional 2 strides.

Yes, I get THAT

But, I was strictly focusing on the actual number of steps taken.

I was simply explaining that Euro/Step-Backs are two variants under the "2-step Umbrella."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom