⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden's status at the beginning of the season was one the main variables of his trade value IMO. If he's going full buffoon and also not even playing, of course the offers won't get better.

Like vince carter, jimmy butler etc. That was the whole point. His value can only go down the longer you keep him. This is playing out pretty much exactly how I thought it would so far. People were acting like certain deals would always be available and Houston had the luxury of time but apparently not

Like vince carter, jimmy butler etc. That was the whole point. His value can only go down the longer you keep him. This is playing out pretty much exactly how I thought it would so far

It can't only go down though. If he came out and played his MVP candidate brand of hoop for a few weeks, teams could commit more to a package, whether that means another player or another pick, or whatever.

But it looks like he's doing the opposite.

Like vince carter, jimmy butler etc. That was the whole point. His value can only go down the longer you keep him. This is playing out pretty much exactly how I thought it would so far. People were acting like certain deals would always be available and Houston had the luxury of time but apparently not

houston doesn’t have the luxury of time because Harden is self-sabotaging.

Who said it has to be brooklyn? There were a few teams with offers but apparently Miami has moved on. Which was the whole point, the offers aren't gonna improve the longer you hold onto him

So if he gets traded for Simmons what are you going to say? :lol:

I dont get how you just send a few players home. All these dudes practice with each other etc. If Wall may have been exposed then he coudda exposed xyz. Just postpone the game. What happens if a game gets postponed or cancelled whatever anyway? Do they play it at a later date? Could get messy seeding wise if Houston plays 70 games cause of cancellations and say Portland plays all 78 (thats what it was reduced to no?).

I’ll hold on to him for nothing before I trade him for Brooklyn’s **** platter.

Doubt Brooklyn even wants to pay the ransom for Harden anyway :lol:

Simmons + pieces for Harden is coming. They’re just wasting everyone’s time before it’s announced.

no erupt, two of the rockets beat writers are members of my jamaat. the underlying rumors are that a simmons, thybulle, and maxey has been discussed but maxey can't be traded until after 1/1/21 because of rules around trading rookies who have already signed, and there's ongoing discussions about the draft compensation. i've also heard/seen that philly wants to swap out simmons for tobias harris instead which the rockets outright refused for obvious reasons.

it makes sense given morey's track record and stated goals. pair harden and embiid who are both under contract for 3 more years. surround them with tobias, danny green, and seth curry. shake/dwight/scott and filler off the bench. gives them an opportunity to push their chips in now, maximize harden's prime with hopefully healthy embiid years, and if it doesn't work, fresh start in 2024.

6A791C33-C1C5-4862-BD1B-2014BC13D704.jpeg

no erupt, two of the rockets beat writers are members of my jamaat. the underlying rumors are that a simmons, thybulle, and maxey has been discussed but maxey can't be traded until after 1/1/21 because of rules around trading rookies who have already signed, and there's ongoing discussions about the draft compensation. i've also heard/seen that philly wants to swap out simmons for tobias harris instead which the rockets outright refused for obvious reasons.

it makes sense given morey's track record and stated goals. pair harden and embiid who are both under contract for 3 more years. surround them with tobias, danny green, and seth curry. shake/dwight/scott and filler off the bench. gives them an opportunity to push their chips in now, maximize harden's prime with hopefully healthy embiid years, and if it doesn't work, fresh start in 2024.

You know Alykhan too? 👀

I’ve heard the same thing btw

Funny how adamant Riley was about not including Richardson only to end up trading him the next summer

Last edited:
I wonder how much Hardens value will plummet once reports start leaking out he got his chunky @ss beat by a rook?

There's no hill there :lol:

And you won't answer the question because you can't.

Your only point of reference to support your argument is a trade that went down when the ***** we're talking about was taking Alegebra 2
Yall kept saying don't trade harden, just hold onto him until you get what you're asking or bench him for the whole season. Where's the better offers coming from? What better offers did the wolves get by holding onto butler or the raptors with Vince? Dudes can't stand being wrong :lol:. It's ok, you'll live. If he ends up getting traded for simmons I'll be like damn..yall were right, I misread the play. Too much pride over pointless debates

You know Alykhan too? 👀

I’ve heard the same thing btw

ay man. my franchise is in shambles this morning. leave me be :lol:

Only other deals that had any traction with the T'Wolves were the Heat and Rockets I believe.

for what its worth, even after all the Jimmy stuff went down, daryl morey offered Eric Gordon and 4 first round picks/pick swaps. he legit doesn't value the personal side of it as much as he does getting talent in the door and sorting everything out later.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Yall kept saying don't trade harden, just hold onto him until you get what you're asking or bench him for the whole season. Where's the better offers coming from?

That's probably up in the air. All but 4 teams haven't played a single game and are in that honeymoon period of excitement thinking they'll be competitive. If a team with good assets kicks off the year looking like trash, they might punt on the season and have a good enough package to enter the discussion. A better player than Levert or Dinwiddie with an expiring deal, more picks, a third team. It depends on a lot of things. There's no right or wrong. Harden's not really doing the Rockets any favors at this point however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom