⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing Fertitta is a broke boy, the haul Houston got back was fine.

Unless the package included the picks that Brooklyn included, I don't think they cared for anyone that was reasonably available on the market. Even the likes of Ben Simmons and Jaylen Brown.
I think it's definitely clear that he didn't want to bring in role players that he'd have to overpay with no star caliber player in place.

With what their asking price was to Boston, you might be right about your last sentence.

Talent+fit>>>>talent
It's definitely going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Similar situations we've seen over the last decade plus have at least had a level of fit that made sense.

Truth/Ray/KG
Bron/Wade/Bosh
Bron/Kyrie/Love
KD/Steve/Klay
Bron/AD

Positional sense, guys willing to take a back seat, etc. This is the first one that doesn't quite match those, IMO.

Eh I'd argue HOU waited too late. Harden successfully depressed his value. Looking back at these deals the past few seasons, LA was the one that fleeced the Pels for AD.

I mean with the rebuild the Rockets are doing the likelihood of them actually being better than the Nets even by 2027 (triggering a pick swap) is unlikely. They better pray for an implosion (to get the 25 Nets pick after all those guys deals are up if it goes south). Cause waiting until maybe 2027 for a pick swap to convey is not the business. But it's of their own doing.
You can’t really compare the returns for a 31 year old vs a 26 year old.

You can’t really compare the returns for a 31 year old vs a 26 year old.

I'm talking about in general. The PG and Russ trades look really goofy with the picks given up since that's apparently what matters. "Only 3 picks and a pick swap). Harden gets 4 and 4 swaps and PG got FIVE picks.

Eh I'd argue HOU waited too late. Harden successfully depressed his value. Looking back at these deals the past few seasons, LA was the one that fleeced the Pels for AD.

I mean with the rebuild the Rockets are doing the likelihood of them actually being better than the Nets even by 2027 (triggering a pick swap) is unlikely. They better pray for an implosion (to get the 25 Nets pick after all those guys deals are up if it goes south). Cause waiting until maybe 2027 for a pick swap to convey is not the business. But it's of their own doing.

You can argue that Harden depressed his value. But you can also argue that the teams that were interested offered the same package that they did in the summer.

BDFB1FEC-83D3-4C36-939A-F28B86F5B205.png

308171F9-AF93-4820-B546-C7DFFC101CA4.jpeg

Wasn’t personal brodie. I saw a lot of tweets and such doing that yesterday and I just think those kind of posts are weird.

It makes sense. The Lakers are considered the best team in the league and they have the most popular player in the league, LeBron. When a superstar trade happens people are going to discuss how that trade impacts the other top teams in the league.

Wasn’t personal brodie. I saw a lot of tweets and such doing that yesterday and I just think those kind of posts are weird.

I mean that's the elephant in the room. All the talk this year is "who can beat Lebron and the Lakers". That's basically what's driving NBA talk this year.

Will be their first game in a week. Tomorrow was the targeted date for Kemba's return, but with facilities closed that'll get pushed back. First game back might be next Wednesday vs Philly. Tatum and everybody might be back by then too.

I mean that's the elephant in the room. All the talk this year is "who can beat Lebron and the Lakers". That's basically what's driving NBA talk this year.
Feel you...
When I see posts like “All this just to beat LeBron” and “LeBron shot a no-look 3 and ended the Rockets”
It just comes off as corny to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom