⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think saying NBA players don’t deserve mental health days is bugging. First off, how is it really different than load management? I know some of y’all don’t agree with that, though. But second, 82 games per year, all the travel, perpetually on the road, staying in hotels, not being around your family, etc.

That **** is exhausting bruh beyond just the physical fitness part. Not going to compare it to a regular job but if you don’t think the grind of an 82 game season is mentally draining, I don’t know what to tell you.

Work culture in america needs to be rethought on the whole tbh. I got no problem with mental health days for anyone from a pro athlete to plumber.

To much of our work culture benefits the employer while grinding the employee into the ground. It doesn’t have to be this way.

As someone who invested in a therapist last year (2019-2020), NBA players (and people in general) should be able to see one when they feel relevant

Like imagine if Black Education Reform had a therapist in the bubble
It is the subconscious belief that these athletes are abnormal individuals that don't have the needs of the regular human.

Human just don't feel like going to work sometimes. You can dismiss that point with the, "Are we comparing regular jobs to playing in the NBA" if you want but a JOB is a JOB. No matter how much you love your job, your job can burn you out mentally/physically.

Also, just because you don't play in a GAME every day doesn't mean you aren't being emotionally drained each and every day.

It is the subconscious belief that these athletes are abnormal individuals that don't have the needs of the regular human.

Human just don't feel like going to work sometimes. You can dismiss that point with the, "Are we comparing regular jobs to playing in the NBA" if you want but a JOB is a JOB. No matter how much you love your job, your job can burn you out mentally/physically.

Also, just because you don't play in a GAME every day doesn't mean you aren't being emotionally drained each and every day.
Yup. I had a really good primary job working on South Beach. Paid well and had amazing perks (like working on South Beach) but after 2.5 years I was burnt out

Working for the Dolphins now is less mentally draining even during Covid times

Yup. I had a really good primary job working on South Beach. Paid well and had amazing perks (like working on South Beach) but after 2.5 years I was burnt out

Working for the Dolphins now is less mentally draining even during Covid times

I mean you put it out there. Do you mind sharing what you do with The Dolphins? :lol:

I think saying NBA players don’t deserve mental health days is bugging. First off, how is it really different than load management? I know some of y’all don’t agree with that, though. But second, 82 games per year, all the travel, perpetually on the road, staying in hotels, not being around your family, etc.

That **** is exhausting bruh beyond just the physical fitness part. Not going to compare it to a regular job but if you don’t think the grind of an 82 game season is mentally draining, I don’t know what to tell you.

"They are here to entertain US."

People don't realize how entitled they sound when it comes to how they view athlete labor.

1E5DE2F2-7F52-4909-8CF2-A0B6489F7E1B.gif
0D94CD3C-0033-439E-A0F7-0DF847322059.gif

Hornets are really 10 deep. No high end talent...but that’s going to be a team that competes every night. Expect them to be right around .500 or better, and a middling team.

Good to see Hayward getting back to form. He had some explosive drives and takes. Getting his bounce back. He was real good last year, but more picking his spots/conserving. He seems to be making sharper cuts and quicker moves like he was pre injury. Playing with more force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom