⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I think Im with Voulgaris

Seems to me GM's come from these backgrounds.

- Ivy League MBA who likes basketball.
- White guy who played some organized basketball, but quit and got a business degree.
- Former NBAer
- Former Agent
- Scout
- former coach

Why is "professional NBA gambler, who's entire livelihood hinged on his ability to accurately evaluate the quality of NBA teams."

be any less qualified than anyone on that list other than former NBAer?

Like John Hollinger wrote hot takes on the internet and became an NBA executive.

at least Voulgaris had to put money on the line.

im very skeptical of how owners make these hiring decisions.

Like Bobby Webster is prob gunna be a GM soon, either of the raptors or some other team.
"smart guy" you here people say
"highly regarded" he's called.

he's a dude with an economics degree. i don't see why that's better credentials than "elite NBA gambler"

Dawg this is spot on. My homies b on this heavy
that facetime between LeBron and Dame was hella "let's get together" in tone. Next one LeBron's gonna be introducing Dame to realtors and local day care centers for the kid. I'm sure LA got more studios that Portland too for Dame to go do his Dame Dolla thing.

Been seeing a lot of Westbrook to LAL rumors. I assume that's just blogboys clickbaiting for hits. That would be a miserable fit

I've never even heard of this guy til today. :lol: :lol:

He boutta get fired. :lol:

Cuban does try too hard sometimes to be outside the box or ahead of the curve. This **** ain't rocket science. Especially when you've already got a transcendent star in place.

Doubt Cuban fires him. Tbh this article seems like the sourcing came from the GM. Seems to me he doesn’t like Bob and wants him out.

The article said Bob's contract is expiring. Probably not gonna re-new the contract so squash any potential fire with Luka.

If I made literally millions of dollars off of my NBA opinions being correct.

I would not listen to Donnie Nelson.
I don't think I'd listen to Donnie Nelson for any reason regardless of how much money I'd made off basketball.

He's a blow hard.

If I made literally millions of dollars off of my NBA opinions being correct.

I would not listen to Donnie Nelson.

If I drafted Dirk Nowitzki, Luka Doncic and tried to draft Giannis and was told no because of needing money to throw money at Dwight Howard, I wouldn't listen to **** Mark Cuban or a gambler with no background in scouting had to say about the draft

And I don't even **** with Donnie like that

He made money on international gambling or college gambling?

it seems to me the skills are pretty transferable.
or at least more transferable than most GM scouting backgrounds

like Masai Ujiri was a juco player, and then played div 3 pro basketball in London.
and then he worked for free until Bryan Colangelo hired him to scout

what about Masai initial qualifications make him someone you should listen to when it comes to scouting?

"Has something that's only been a thing for 4 years and had a very small handful of guys even qualify for it ever worked?"

"Has something that's only been a thing for 4 years and had a very small handful of guys even qualify for it ever worked?"
The assertion is that it's incredibly difficult to build a roster when you have one guy sucking up 35% of the cap

it seems to me the skills are pretty transferable.
or at least more transferable than most GM scouting backgrounds

like Masai Ujiri was a juco player, and then played div 3 pro basketball in London.
and then he worked for free until Bryan Colangelo hired him to scout

what about Masai initial qualifications make him someone you should listen to when it comes to scouting?

You got it boss

The assertion is that it's incredibly difficult to build a roster when you have one guy sucking up 35% of the cap
It certainly is.

But it's difficult to build a championship-caliber roster for a decade now unless you were the Warriors or had LeBron.

Sample size is just too small at this point to make any real determinations, I think.

I'd say a good rule of thumb that probably doesn't need further testing: You absolutely shouldn't give it to guys like John Wall or Russell Westbrook as a means of not losing star players in smaller markets. It's for purely transcendent stars that you can clearly build around. LeBron, Giannis, Luka, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom