❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've always wondered about that too... and do they pronounce it 'rey-al'? 
Salt Lake and the team have zero connection to Spanish monarchy (unlike all the Spanish teams with Real in their names). I don't think the owner even knew what Real meant in Spanish before giving the team that name
laugh.gif
[h2]Name[edit][/h2]
The title "Real" (Spanish pronunciation: [reˈal]) is a Spanish  word which means "royal" in English. The term is usually used by Spanish clubs who have received royal patronage from a reigning Spanish king, the most famous of which would include Real MadridReal Betis  and Real Sociedad. In choosing the name "Real", owner Dave Checketts  intended to create a brand name that would become well known for its simplicity, as well as an association with the world-famous club in Madrid that the club had been striving toward.[sup][3][/sup]  Some of the reasons/factors behind using Real was based on the founder/then-owner (Dave Checketts') time in Europe having admiration for Real Madrid during his time as the general manager of the Utah Jazz  National Basketball Association  franchise. Checketts also found it encouraging that Real Madrid had a basketball team as well. [sup][4][/sup]

Local reaction to the new team's name was initially met with mixed feelings, as fans believed that using a traditionally Spanish name was akin to a move of cultural appropriation.[sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup]  On top of that, some thought that the name sounded contrived, and did not truly reflect the Salt Lake area, with other team names such as "Highlanders", "Salt Lake SC", or "Union SLC" being more preferred. However, in recent years, reaction to the name has improved, with the team establishing its identity as a representative of Salt Lake.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup]

ESPN anchor just said cristiano tied "michael" platini for most all time euro cup goals
laugh.gif

Yes, he pronounced it like michael jordan. You'd think by now they brief the anchors on pronunciations before they do soccer segments. Especially ones that they are airing on their own network
sick.gif
And do they call him "Lie-nol" Messi?
Salt Lake and the team have zero connection to Spanish monarchy (unlike all the Spanish teams with Real in their names). I don't think the owner even knew what Real meant in Spanish before giving the team that name
laugh.gif
I wonder if the public initially took the context as "Real vs Fake"... 

This is why I hate ESPN. These guys aren't soccer analysts but they try so hard to SOUND to be which is even worse.

So now everyone awaits Juve's decision after the Euros...wouldn't even mind France taking the L today if it sped up the process :lol:

View media item 2093589
I bet this is exactly what Woody wants tbh,he's been hyping up the potential of this kind of massive "Marquee" transfer for a few summers now,he's close to pulling off one of the clearest statements of intent ever :nerd:

lets add jon jones to the list of disappointments
mean.gif
This^

Ruined my day...  actually ruined my weekend before it even happened.  I was so looking forward to this.  DC is a paper champ...  I really wanted to see Jones destroy him and unify the title.

I'll take the oracle DiMarzio's word over that fraud Balague 10/10 @PRIME :lol:. If he were to be believed,LVG is still the manager

Reals gonna need to get rid of Kroos/James before trying to match 100m+ pounds and I feel like if they really felt he was worth that much,they would've already made the necessary preparations by now given that Zizou's a fan of his.

Last edited:
I was hoping Chelsea would splash the cash on Pogba :frown:
I thought Conte would stick his hat in the race

Me too, Chelsea haven't had a marquee signing since Hazard came through.

Apparently Juve is about to bid for Matic...:nerd:

I hope he doesn't go to Juve, central midfield was a real weak spot for us last season. I know he didn't exactly set the spot on fire but the thought of Obi Mikel starting for us makes me angry

As long as the likes of Morata/James/Kroos aren't sold within the next week or so,I have some slim hopes that this might actually happen...:nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom