⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched Pool now with Klopp since he’s been there, I don’t think having some new defensive reinforcements would make much difference. His attacking/counter attacking style keeps his back line way too far up the pitch & constantly leaves his CBs exposed. Once the first penetration happens, the other teams can find it easily to score.

His fullbacks are often so far down the field, the CBs are always easily exposed. Klopp does nothing to correct this & often stays th course no matter how much hey get scored on. He’s incapable of making in game adjustments to try & win the game...

Teams that pass well & keep possession well can beat Pool easily....

Speaking of CBs, the fish papers are saying Barca submitted a loan request for Side Show Bob... I’d actually be cool with that. I think he would flourish at Camp Nou (or even Madrid as he was rumored to be going to before).

Klopp plays good attacking football, and thats cool when your only real competition is Bayern.

He's been exposed in the prem. Jose or Conte would have managed better with this defense. Klopp is just stubborn

Thats basically a copy and paste on City's weakness on defense too. Execept we have Walker, Fernandinho and Stones pace as a CB to recover at crucial times. Sometimes one fullback stays while one atracks.

For Liverpool it seems they just launch forward and expose the CBs. They dont have the disicipline and pace to recover, and no real true CDM to track back or hold his position.

That should be their 2nd target to look into after a CB. Stubborn or not thats the way Klopp and Pep play, beautiful attacking footy. They need pacey fullbacks and CBs who can recover quickly once possession is lost. Walker has been a God send for us this season. Liverpool's defense reminds me of City's last season, besides the extreme mental lapses.

Thats basically a copy and paste on City's weakness on defense too. Execept we have Walker, Fernandinho and Stones pace as a CB to recover at crucial times. Sometimes one fullback stays while one atracks.

For Liverpool it seems they just launch forward and expose the CBs. They dont have the disicipline and pace to recover, and no real true CDM to track back or hold his position.

That should be their 2nd target to look into after a CB. Stubborn or not thats the way Klopp and Pep play, beautiful attacking footy. They need pacey fullbacks and CBs who can recover quickly once possession is lost. Walker has been a God send for us this season. Liverpool's defense reminds me of City's last season, besides the extreme mental lapses.
Henderson is actually decent at holding the midfield, sucked that he got injured early today.
We def need to upgrade our back line though. Poor quality on that end in contrast to having a world class attack. Sigh.

Real Madrid’s XI | Keylor Navas, Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Kovacic, Cristiano & Benzema.

No Isco or Bale

Barcelona’s XI | Ter Stegen; Roberto, Pique, Vermaelen, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Paulinho, Iniesta; Messi & Suarez

Gonna miss two crucial games today. Hope you guys enjoy El Clássico.

If Roma lose to Juve today our tittle hopes are done. ******* zebra pos

survived a brutal first half by madrid.
they haven't put a foot wrong but we still had some good goal scoring opportunities.
madrid look like they are ready to run rampant when the game opens up

we need to steal a goal.

the difference in talent is obvious between the 2 sides which really shows what an amazing job valverde has done

thats what zinedine gets for using these BAN tactics...man marking messi.
completely lead to the middle of the park being wide open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom