⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
english footballers don't translate well to spanish footy though
Because none of them transition to Spain soon enough.

Get a young 17-18 year old to come up through La Liga and it won’t be the same as if you tried to put a current Ross barkley

Look at Pulisic in Germany.

Because none of them transition to Spain soon enough.

Get a young 17-18 year old to come up through La Liga and it won’t be the same as if you tried to put a current Ross barkley

Look at Pulisic in Germany.
very true.
but do you think 17 year old kids want to go play in la liga when the BPL is dropping money bags everywhere?

Germany's WC kit

IMG_20171025_095125.jpg

:emoji_fire:

Yea,gonna have to cop...

For instant gratification, but for a longer more successful career, I'd bounce
yeah that's easy to say cause we aren't in their shoes
but nothing is guaranteed and they wanna drop a much larger bag off right now it's hard to pass up..

Marca had a report out a week or 2 ago that RM was focusing their scouting on English youth. Would be quite the unconventional coup if they succeed in signing players.

Also the article states that England hasn't had an issue in producing talent, it has just been in developing it. In part due to the EPL being high stakes and win-now.

It looks like a tribute to these but mixed with the recent updated monochromatic look Adidas has been using for Germany's kits

lothar-matthaus.jpg

They should def re-release them...

DSC_9559.jpg

yeah that's easy to say cause we aren't in their shoes
but nothing is guaranteed and they wanna drop a much larger bag off right now it's hard to pass up..
I could understand if it were a young English kid on Mbappe or even Dembele’s level.

But none of them are. The money is really the thing in their way. Growth wise from a technical level especially, they should be moving to other leagues. La Liga or Bundesliga.

But if I was 18 and someone was paying me the bag to stay at home, who knows. I’d more than likely take the status and money too.

I could understand if it were a young English kid on Mbappe or even Dembele’s level.

But none of them are. The money is really the thing in their way. Growth wise from a technical level especially, they should be moving to other leagues. La Liga or Bundesliga.

But if I was 18 and someone was paying me the bag to stay at home, who knows. I’d more than likely take the status and money too.

A handful have left for other leagues now.
Hinds, Willock, Sancho, Dobson, Collinge, and Egbo come to mind. Baodu is another from City that moved to BVB. I'm that had to do with Sancho. Not a lot at all but could they contribute to a shift where more English kids go abroad? Eh, unlikely, it's certainly not impossible but a small chance of that happening. I believe Moore was a RC Lens for a bit, I think he moved to England, League 1 maybe.

Portugal's gonna wash us 4-0 next month.

In theory this appointment would last the one friendly and at a maximum through the largely irrelevant winter camp for North American based players, but it's amazing just how hard USSF works to reinforce the prominence of it's Good Old Boys network.

It aint what you know it's who you know!

The entirety of Dave Sarachan's coaching resume:

1984–1987 University of Virginia, assistant to Bruce Arena
1988–1997 Cornell University, Manager
1997–1999 D.C. United, assistant to Bruce Arena
1999–2002 USMNT, assistant to Bruce Arena
2002–2007 Chicago Fire, Manager
2008–2016 LA Galaxy, assistant to Bruce Arena
2017 USMNT, assistant to Bruce Arena

Meh...

Dude didn't exactly impress at Soton last season.

I wonder if one of either Vardy or Mahrez leaves in January. Everton are in need of a Vardy desperately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom