⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs also could have lost..

Lets not forget their draw came from an own goal...

But either way, they showed that they can hang.

I'm proud of Roma's draw. Coming back from 2 down. Let's not kid ourselves, Chelsea is the better team.

Now I will not settle for a draw on the return leg in Rome

They're "owned" by the supporters/members similar to Barca and Real Madrid, so you're right, no private ownership. Of course Barca and RM can get away with this since they're two of the most successful/famous clubs on Earth, but it makes it impossible for Benfica, Porto, Sporting, etc. to consistently challenge most of the "big clubs" other than a fluke Europa or group stage win here and there.

Like I said, I can't blame them for selling for this reason, but at the same time, it's very hard to get excited about any emerging talent in the Portuguese Liga, because there's a 95% chance that he'll end up on Barca, Real, Chelsea,etc in the following season.

Basically what the Netherlands have been going through. Would love to see them get a boost financially. At least then they would have a chance on holding onto their talent. A better chance at competing in Europe, at least take it more seriously. Ajax making it so far last year was a great feat, great to see but it happening again seems unlikely, at least for anytime soon

Not taking troll bait.

Although would having the most draws of any PL team in the CL make that team the most beta?

Not trolling, I have never been happy to draw. If you took that as a dig to MWU, well that's your problem.

To your second point, who cares? At the moment, I was pissed when we couldn't win those games. But now we're group leaders and that's all that matters.

Glad for the goal, but tough mistake for the kid.
SL+Benfica+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+uFkGuiNb6Rsx.jpg

Rom looking out for his compatriot :smokin ,they're both Anderlecht youth products. Besides that mistake,the kid had a real solid game given all the pressure he was under. He broke Casillas' record for youngest keeper in CL history,he just turned 18 about a month ago :sick:

It was cool seeing DDG also comforting him,dude definitely knows how he feels.

Young DDG had a pretty rough time himself at the beginning before establishing himself as the player that he is now.

^I legitimately wasn't trolling or even thinking about United when I made those posts :lol:

To actually further the discussion though, I think there needs to be a distinction between “happy” and “content” when it comes to a draw. Obviously no one is going to be truly happy about not getting a win, but there are plenty of instances in which it’s perfectly acceptable to be content with a draw. It’s a long season and every point counts, in the league and in CL comp.

The two most recent cases in point being, Tottenham should be very content getting a draw away to Real, as it pretty much guaranteed them through with Dortmund also drawing. United the other day played poorly against a spirited Pool side, so to be able to take a point away makes me content, not necessarily “happy”.

Your exact words fam. Seems only fair to take you at your own words.

You've been on here long enough to know that I turn off the character from time to time.

Anywho, I wasn't taking stabs at anyone. You're absolutely right about the distinction between "happy" and "content," I just think that Tottenham had the opportunity to make a statement yesterday with a win against Real Madrid, and many of their fans probably feel like they squandered that opportunity by drawing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Wilshere never closer to the Champions League trophy&quot; The always ruthless Serbian media. <a href="https://t.co/vzijK0RDof">pic.twitter.com/vzijK0RDof</a></p>&mdash; Serbian Football (@SerbianFooty) <a href="">October 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom