⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling we're going to see MWU today :nerd:
tenor.gif

The FA really bungled this Mark Sampson situation horribly :smh:

Their in-house investigation cleared the man while an independent investigation backed up 2 of his player's accounts of racial abuse and mistreatment. It's a ****show because the players got attacked even after providing evidence and a lot of former players and teammates publicly backed Sampson...

This is why I'll never ever fault players of African descent deciding to pay for their countries of origin over the 3 Lions,the FA is full of **** and run like a good 'ol boy network

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Also I need United to wash Benfica on this return leg so I can scoop a Benfica kit cause them jawns are fresh. Won’t feel guilty wearing it once we knock em out :lol:

I used to be a big Benfica fan until I realized that they're happy to just be one of the go-to feeder clubs for EPL and La Liga. What's the point of watching a club that has zero ambition to win European trophies anymore? It's frustrating to see "what could've been" every time I see former Benfica players winning CLs every year :lol:

It's not even fun to watch the Benfica vs Porto matches anymore, especially since Porto has become the same type of club as well. I can't completely blame them though, the Portuguese Liga isn't as rich as the "big" 3-4 leagues and don't have much of a choice when Barca, Madrid, Bayern, etc. come knocking.

Last edited:
I used to be a big Benfica fan until I realized that they're happy to just be one of the go-to feeder clubs for EPL and La Liga. What's the point of watching a club that has zero ambition to win European trophies anymore? It's frustrating to see "what could've been" every time I see former Benfica players winning CLs every year :lol:

It's not even fun to watch the Benfica vs Porto matches anymore, especially since Porto has become the same type of club as well. I can't completely blame them though, the Portuguese Liga isn't as rich as the "big" 3-4 leagues and don't have much of a choice when Barca, Madrid, Bayern, etc. come knocking.

Portuguese clubs, there is no private ownership correct or am I wrong about that?

Portuguese clubs, there is no private ownership correct or am I wrong about that?

They're "owned" by the supporters/members similar to Barca and Real Madrid, so you're right, no private ownership. Of course Barca and RM can get away with this since they're two of the most successful/famous clubs on Earth, but it makes it impossible for Benfica, Porto, Sporting, etc. to consistently challenge most of the "big clubs" other than a fluke Europa or group stage win here and there.

Like I said, I can't blame them for selling for this reason, but at the same time, it's very hard to get excited about any emerging talent in the Portuguese Liga, because there's a 95% chance that he'll end up on Barca, Real, Chelsea,etc in the following season.

Last edited:
Shoutout Tottenham and Chelsea though in all honesty for holding it down. The other three of us got generally favorable draws but regardless, everyone’s taking care of biz.
cheers mate,but tbh I'm not gonna puff my chest out over a draw :lol:

unless you guys think it might be appropriate v RM

I'm actually kinda torn on it tbh

didn't watch the match cause I was a meeting. It was ugly but at least we left with a point. I hope Rash is good cause we gonna need him along with Pogs and Fro going forward. Da Prem still holdin' it down in the CL. Nobody caught an L yet :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom