⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the idea that France's national team has been biased against Muslim players. They've actually featured the most of any non-Middle Eastern or African team I can think of. Off the top of my head, Pogba,Kante,Dembele,Sissoko,Ribery,Nasri,Ben Arfa,Fekir,Sagna,etc. are all Muslim players who have been called up for the French NT in recent years. This whole "the French NT hates Muslims" only started when Benzema started getting left off squads for being an extortionist and trying to leak teammate sex tapes

I agree with the country itself having issues with treatment of Muslims, but the national team isn't a good example
Umm don't forget the 06 WC one a lot of talented players who also happened to be Muslim were disrespected and quit the team and others were selected. Then when the go to SA the manager beefs with the Muslim players on the squad.

pique has had a terrible start to this season. it's all mental mistakes too
makes sense why barca is looking for a CB that's ready now... mascherano isn't cutting it either.

makes sense why barca is looking for a CB that's ready now... mascherano isn't cutting it either.

Too much into politics, not enough into soccer

Too much into politics, not enough into soccer
yeah he has a lot going on right now
i can't blame him for that though...the catalan independence isn't something he can't just blow off
i just hope going forward he gets his head back in to the game.

As soon as he got his first yellow early, I had a feeling he would be getting sent off :smh:

Another meh performance.

600x400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom