⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10DBB67E-8A35-43DF-85EF-E7E3D6EF5B46.jpeg

I see you Hector :nerd:
Jorja Smith so damn fine :smh: :pimp:

He played great with LRB @ Atletico & also with Dybala when he was in form... I’m mean was left up front a lot by himself today but kept working & working... Didn’t he score for Bayern in the 2013 CL final too?
yes

They don't even try to be clever about it :lol: it's blatant fixing but the fans will watch without complaining regardless
I don't think anyone should complain either its what everybody wants to see, its still a TV show & business at the end of the day

Now that fox is done with the CL & EL, TNT should have the european supercup right?, cant wait to see what they do with their broadcast

They don't even try to be clever about it :lol: it's blatant fixing but the fans will watch without complaining regardless

They def don't give any damns but I'm not even mad tbh :lol:,makes for some great theatre/drama

The CL is lit every season

I'm just amazed at Modric's stamina and willpower, though that can be said of the whole Croatia squad.
The man is 32, played 120 minutes twice in a row before this match and managed to do it again. Wasn't quite the almost super-human physical peformance of the previous match where he was sprinting across the pitch up to the final whistle but he was still popping up all over the pitch with an impeccable workrate. I really thought they'd be physically devastated from those previous 2 matches. Mandzukic has clearly been struggling physically in these matches even before the 90th minute and look at the amount he has played. 115 minutes again today.
Incredible from the whole team really.

Yea I was gonna ask if you hadn't mentioned it :lol:

It first came on my radar a few years back after I learned that Game of Thrones films all their Kings Landing scenes there and after looking it up, it definitely seems like a beautiful country and the lower cost is another big plus. Good looks

Been contemplating visiting on my next trip to Europe.

My dad and his friends stayed in Dubrovnik. It's basically the Amalfi Coast of Croatia

Not his pic if it matters:

Image-1-1.jpg
I’ve been to Dubrovnik.. great city, great seafood, decent beaches. European beaches<<<<< Man made beaches

I'm just amazed at Modric's stamina and willpower, though that can be said of the whole Croatia squad.
The man is 32, played 120 minutes twice in a row before this match and managed to do it again. Wasn't quite the almost super-human physical peformance of the previous match where he was sprinting across the pitch up to the final whistle but he was still popping up all over the pitch with an impeccable workrate. I really thought they'd be physically devastated from those previous 2 matches. Mandzukic has clearly been struggling physically in these matches even before the 90th minute and look at the amount he has played. 115 minutes again today.
Incredible from the whole team really.

After the game he made a point of calling out the English media and pundits who were saying they'd be gassed and that England's young legs would win out :lol:

Not even gonna front because I thought that they'd be tired too and they looked out of sync early but they somehow came alive and got much better as the match wore on. Should've known better after they outlasted the super charged Russians. The whole squad's condition is on another level. I'm not gonna make the same mistake and count them out even though they've played the equivalent of a full match extra,they've proven that they're more than capable

Fully expecting a cagey match that'll be tight until the end on Sunday,both squads are too good to get blown away by the other imo

Last edited:
Me and my buddies were looking into doing one of those in Croatia.

Guess I’m a douche.

Oh well, there are worse things to be in life (Manchester United/formerly Real Madrid/maybe Juvenus supporter)

I wouldn’t do that, but you absolutely need to see the islands over there. Nothing like them.

How's the final gonna be Kit wise? Who's home?

If Croatia wears their home kit it's over.
I think France will be in blue/white/red, Croatia in the red/white/white, they haven't worn the home since the first match of the group stage.

nike-tottenham-hotspur-18-19-kitsnike-tottenham-hotspur-18-19-kits%2B%25285%2529.jpg

Spurs road gonna be so similar to France this season

I'd imagine it'd be home v home since there's no overlap,feels like Croatia have only rocked their away as of late.

Lol

Damn is he washed? Would've thought he'd stick around for depth

Interesting to read that Juventus is also interested in bringing Marcelo over to help CR7 shine at Serie A.

I dont see Madrid letting go of someone like Marcelo without a proper replacement.

Marcelo in,Sandro out? :nerd:

Doubt Real sell though,hope Juve still want Darmian and can sort out some sort of swap for Sandro

Phil Foden
Angel Gomes
Jadon Sancho
Sessegnon twins
George McEachron
Callum Hudson Odui
Joel Latibeaudiere
Lewis Cook
Rhian Brewster

The future is bright for England. Will be interesting to see how the side looks in 2020.

England really should have gone white/blue, red/white or all reds

Hopefully France doesn't go all white or all blue for the final

FIFA can be really anal about kit clashes not as much as UEFA but still pretty bad. Lookin at it though France is "technically" the home team for the match so I can see FIFA making them wear their home with the navy shorts again and Croatia where their regular home kit which is mostly all white except the checkerboard red and white on the front of the shirt.

Phil Foden
Angel Gomes
Jadon Sancho
Sessegnon twins
George McEachron
Callum Hudson Odui
Joel Latibeaudiere
Lewis Cook
Rhian Brewster

The future is bright for England. Will be interesting to see how the side looks in 2020.

Yea the youth teams have been showing out and winning on the international stage so it's tough to see England falling off or not getting better over the next few years. Don't know if they'll ever get as good a chance as they had this time around but I think they'll be equipped to make noise in the near future.

FIFA can be really anal about kit clashes not as much as UEFA but still pretty bad. Lookin at it though France is "technically" the home team for the match so I can see FIFA making them wear their home with the navy shorts again and Croatia where their regular home kit which is mostly all white except the checkerboard red and white on the front of the shirt.

I could see there being issues with clashing if Croatia was wearing their "whites" vs England in any combo

But with Croatia in their all blacks, shouldn't be any issues with clashing

Just hope France doesn't go all blue again or all white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom