⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will die on this hill that Werner is a good striker

Screenshot_20201231-124932_Twitter.jpg

:lol:
I enjoyed watching Leipzig last season and it just doesn't even look remotely close to the same player. He scored tons of goals and this type of solo run and beating the keeper was almost like his trademark finish. His positioning and pace frequently got him into those positions. He was keeping up with Lewy's goalscoring for much of the season, with a worse team, and ended up behind by 6 goals in the league, scoring 28.

At Chelsea he looks genuinely terrible, I don't understand what happened. His finishing was never as solid as you'd expect from his output but the (lack of) finishing I'm seeing from Werner at Chelsea is just baffling, it's like he transformed into Sissoko.

Last edited:
You got simple passes just bouncing off his feet. That isn’t a lack of ability, the dude is in his own head.
Exactly. I’d like to hear the opinion of the Bayern supporter in here on Werner but I don’t recall his username. He must’ve seen plenty of Werner in the past few seasons, whereas I only frequently watched the last season.

He seemed to have a good mentality there so I find his current state surprising. From early on in his Leipzig career the guy got booed relentlessly by literally all rival crowds. I think it’s fair to say he was easily the most hated and mocked player in the Bundesliga but it never really seemed to faze him. Crowds would even bring out the ‘Werner ist ein hurensöhne’ chants during totally unrelated events like music festivals, Oktoberfest, ...

Maybe Werner just has trouble adjusting to the bright lights. Might take him a while. He’s in his head too much. Seems like lampard feels the same way cause he keeps playing him

might need one of those sport therapists teams usually employ

Piers and Ballbag both slandering Ozil?

I'm sorry Mesut I'll never talk bad about you again bb. This is all the proof I need that Mesut was in the right. Legend status confirmed.
I was gonna say, Scumbag Piers and Ballbag agreeing on something would be enough to solidify my opinion as the opposite :lol:

I'm interested in seeing how he fits in since they already have Leao and even Rebic's played up top at time for them. Probably gonna take some time to get back to match shape given how long its been since he played competitive footy but I think he could be a big asset down the stretch in their Scudetti charge.

Speaking of strikers

He'll def be picking up his well earned B'Dor frok last season this year at this rate

I don’t like Mandzucik coming in and possibly halting the progression of Rafael Leão, but they haven’t won a title in 10 plus years. I get it, they want to make sure they’re deep and ready just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom