⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the replay of the Chelsea game, 2nd half was somehow more embarrassing than the first. Props to Pep’s boys, turned that 2nd half into a training exercise.

Pep purposefully choosing not to press Zouma is really sad, says a lot about his passing skills.

4C9F0770-5427-4E47-A390-B11C3F2E3ABF.jpeg
E513AE44-B1C3-4B64-981A-E03008D70C78.jpeg
0839DCD4-7607-4A53-8930-9A17C5F1C52F.jpeg
217CAE80-0263-44EE-A43C-EDC8323C3368.jpeg
E39AEB12-A7E1-41AA-813E-921B66517B99.jpeg
CB0E7E49-5055-4910-A9C6-3F8D08416EA6.jpeg
8849D954-CFF6-4132-A75F-055ABA435155.jpeg

Same. I thought his transition to a CF would elevate his game but he's been pretty underwhelming the last couple of seasons. He has everything you want in a player with his pace, height and ability to take on any defender but he lacks that mamba mentality.

Athletic Bilbao has been a mess for like 3 years now so that might be why he hasn't been playing to his potential. Would love to see him flourish at a club like Barca or Atletico but I'm sure he's too loyal to his club. His buyout clause is really high up there too right now.

Some stability would have done him better. In a better environment, he might have developed into a better goal scorer. Bilbao thought they were going to cash out on him, but they kinda played themselves. Still, I would love to see how he does at another club.

20210104_071137.jpg

He's officially outlasted Sarri but has near the same amount of wins despite having managed almost 20 more matches than
total...

DefenselessUnrealisticHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

One thing I noticed about Frank Lampard this season is that’s he’s gone above and beyond to play Timo Werner. He’s played him in almost every game, in multiple positions too.

Frank stop being arrogant, not every transfer is a winner. You win some you lose some.

Franks gotta to focus on not losing his job now. Enough with the day camp treatment. Dude has given Timo countless of opportunities - Just keep it simple and play your BEST XI.

One thing I noticed about Frank Lampard this season is that’s he’s gone above and beyond to play Timo Werner. He’s played him in almost every game, in multiple positions too.

Frank stop being arrogant, not every transfer is a winner. You win some you lose some.

Franks gotta to focus on not losing his job now. Enough with the day camp treatment. Dude has given Timo countless of opportunities - Just keep it simple and play your BEST XI.
It took Frank a year to stop playing Mount on the wing so its not looking too good on that :lol:

The minute he blamed the players during the post game interview after the squad lost 3-1 to Arsenal the clock starting ticking and I don't think he's realized it yet.

I need to know what's going on with William Saliba. Goes out on loan which I guess is fine(not sure why Nice) cause he isn't getting minutes, but that shouldn't have been the case in the first place imo.

I need to know what's going on with William Saliba. Goes out on loan which I guess is fine(not sure why Nice) cause he isn't getting minutes, but that shouldn't have been the case in the first place imo.
How much of his story are you familiar with? I will say, I have no idea why Arteta wont give him a shot in some pointless Carabao Cup game or against a Europa opponent, but I'm glad he's going to get playing time at all this year. Even if it's back in France.

How much of his story are you familiar with? I will say, I have no idea why Arteta wont give him a shot in some pointless Carabao Cup game or against a Europa opponent, but I'm glad he's going to get playing time at all this year. Even if it's back in France.
I heard about what happened with his parents so I guess maybe Arteta was trying to save him by letting him get his mind right. However, and I could be mistaken, but wasn't that all before he was on IG saying he wasn't getting any playing time? If so to me that seems like he's ready to play.

Damn man :smh:, hope he's good and thats as far as it's reached cause Juve aren't really in the best position to be missing lots of members of the squad rn with how the season's shaping up...

Mou keeping him hostage at this point :lol:

He's been tearing up the championship for over a year now

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manches...din-demand-man-united-strikers-ban-overturned
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lls-on-fa-to-overturn-cavanis-three-match-ban

Cavani, Godin, and players' union put English FA on blast.

ESPN's translation -

"We must condemn the arbitrary conduct of the English Football Association. Far from condemning racism, the English Football Association has itself committed a discriminatory act against the culture and way of life of the Uruguayan people.

"Edinson Cavani has never committed any conduct that could be interpreted as racist. He merely used a common expression in Latin America to affectionately address a loved one or close friend.

"To sustain that the only way to obtain a valid interpretation in life is that which lies in the minds of managers of the English Football Association is actually a true discriminatory act, which is completely reprehensible and against Uruguayan culture. We would like to publicly defend Edinson Cavani's impeccable character and of course our country's culture.

"We are all against any kind of discrimination; however unfortunately, through its sanction, the English Football Association expressed absolute ignorance and disdain for a multicultural vision of the world."

In its statement, the Uruguay federation called Cavani a "person whose character and ethics are unblemished.He is level-headed, kind-hearted and of a noble soul." The statement went on to say that the English FA's ruling deserved "unanimous rejection" because it took into consideration neither cultural context nor the Spanish language in which Cavani's response was written.

I don't think Nelson should be should. Injuries has held him back but it's also had to get selected with players like Willian are picked, underperform and are still picked again. I think a loan could do him good. I like Willock but the chances he has gotten in the PL have been unimpressive.
I don't think Lacazette should be offered a new deal regardless of how good he does this season. We should sell and buy. I know over the summer Dembele and Edouard were thrown names "linked" in the summer and will probably be linked again during the summer. Eddie isn't cutting it. Balogun hasn't signed a new contract and would need a loan regardless.
Glad that Saliba is finally going on loan, it's overdue. They way he's been handled is shameful. I'm a little worried since Nice is in a transition period. But he is a proven Ligue 1 player if a new manager wants him on loan, that's a positive sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom