⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought with a midfield of Torriera, Bentancur and Valverde they could come up with some type of creativity. but they have done nothing
Thought so too, but at one point, I saw the midfielders were way up front with the attackers and the defense had the balling trying to figure out how to get it to them.

I hope the Hawks send the Newark Nets packing on game 7

1624071512297.gif

I thought with a midfield of Torriera, Bentancur and Valverde they could come up with some type of creativity. but they have done nothing

None of those three are particularly suited as a 10. Torriera is basically a dedicated 6, Bentancur at Juve plays essentially a Guardiola/Pirlo no.4, and Valverde is the line breaker no.8 (a “shuttler”). Of the three, Bentancur probably has the requisite passing range, but he’s accustomed to playing deeper than required.

Not one of that trio plays particularly advanced at club level. Valverde probably has the most attacking thrust (and upside) though.

None of those three are particularly suited as a 10. Torriera is basically a dedicated 6, Bentancur at Juve plays essentially a Guardiola/Pirlo no.4, and Valverde is the line breaker no.8 (a “shuttler”). Of the three, Bentancur probably has the requisite passing range, but he’s accustomed to playing deeper than required.

Not one of that trio plays particularly advanced at club level. Valverde probably has the most attacking thrust (and upside) though.

Yeah, like I said De La Cruz is the only one on that squad with the skillset to serve that role.

11 hours before the game and my nerves are shot. In before Coupé It Coupé It loses his mind when Werner scores and is the reason we don’t pick up three points. The amount of **** you talked about him I’m afraid it’s going to come back and haunt you

O gawd. Im in same boat. Been reckless with my friend who lovesss werner and chelsea. He lickn his chops for tomorrows game. I mean so wreckless with it he might wanna fight

Given his performances, I wonder if Lukaku still intends to retire from international football after these Euros and not play in the world cup. :smh:

Looking like England's loss might be others gain...

I know he's gotta be sick of not even coming off the bench after 3 straight good seasons of 20 assists when the likes of Foden and Mount are undroppable starters after 1 good season each.

He comes to the Prem and he'll def be a starter as backwards and dumb as that is, waistcoat doesn't seem to watch other leagues.

Likely why Tyrone Mings and Ben White made it over Tomori :smh:

'Here we go!' soon? :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:

He might sound like a grumpy old man asking kids to get off his lawn but he's got a point :lol:

Not as many poets/artists in footy nowadays and it might be a result of players being that much more fit and gifted physically nowadays with the advancements in training/recovery and sports science compared to before when it felt like it was a bit more level playing field all around.

Used to have to think outside the box all the time if you wanted to constantly beat opposition, now so many can rely on just being flat out more athletic than other players to do damage.

It's become a lot more regimented or machine like with importance placed on efficiency with players being taught to take less risks than before in this analytics friendly era. Not as many moments of 'magic' as he said outside of the players that transcend eras like Messi, Ron, Neymar, Ibra, Lewa, Mbappe etc.

Why I'll never fault players for trying things and expressing themselves even if they don't always work out. They deserve credit for actually looking to be creative and make something out of nothing instead of always moving like well drilled machines or robots all of the time.

The irony in him sounding tired and fed up after his first season in the prem isn't lost on me though :rofl:

11 hours before the game and my nerves are shot. In before Coupé It Coupé It loses his mind when Werner scores and is the reason we don’t pick up three points. The amount of **** you talked about him I’m afraid it’s going to come back and haunt you

Man Werner may not even get on the field :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom