⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: apparently diego costa's argument is that he was talking about his own mother, not the ref's.
is that really a thing in spain? that figure of speech can be used either way?

Called it as Bugatti started finding his form that it was AMG Bugatti season. Unfortunately we weren’t getting enough goals from other players.

Dude isn’t Luis Suarez, and there might be players out there that are better than he is, but I’ll keep saying it. I’d rather save that money for Mbappe than spend 9 figures on a placeholder temp upgrade. I’d like to see in these last few games though if Mariano is worth keeping or if we should have a different backup 9 next season. And wouldn’t mind Real trying to go after Jovic.

If we get this version of Benz again next season along with Hazard, a Vinicius that isn’t allergic to finishing, and an Asensio that returns to showing the potential he did when he broke on the scene and possibly Mane, we won’t be complete trash again.

Not getting Jovic is a failure, young strikers don't come available at that price. I'm not buying just Benz & Hazard being our primary goal scorers. We're supposed to be scoring 85-100 goals a year in league, we're not close to that. We went 8 hours without scoring a goal, can't dominant regulation teams. Its one of the many reasons we're off pace in the league.

Not getting Jovic is a failure, young strikers don't come available at that price. I'm not buying just Benz & Hazard being our primary goal scorers. We're supposed to be scoring 85-100 goals a year in league, we're not close to that. We went 8 hours without scoring a goal, can't dominant regulation teams. Its one of the many reasons we're off pace in the league.

I don’t think they’re the definitive final answer either and we’d still be second best going into La Liga next season but we’ll see what else Zizou and Flo want to do to improve the squad. The potential Mane move seems interesting but he Vinicius and Hazard all are at their best at LW, not sure how well Hazard and Mane can fill in on the right and centrally.

In the past two years Barca is 30 points better than us, we should be doing everything reasonable to close that gap, worry about Mbappe later

Ben Arfa mixed the whole opposition

Last edited:
maybe i should feel some type of way with CHO starting in the later end of the season. WIllian is a perfect super sub in case but I feel an overall changing of the guard happening. American GOAT coming in, Hazard maybe dipping, Madrid cleaning closets for dollar space. all this with Sarri saying he'll be in 70-80% involvement gong on forward.

hella funny how Watford are in the final. many years ago when asked why Elton John supports Watford he said cuz they'll never win anything. well damn looks what's happening now (possibly):lol:

random thoughts

Kante looks so sharp in the attacking role

Sarri did an excellent job in developing Kante's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom