⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently back in the day Henry signed with Real, but Henry’s Dad stopped the transfer because he was afraid of Monaco’s president

Henry was one of my favorites when I was getting into footy. Woulda been cool if he was part of Real’s history.

tenor.gif

Whenever his name comes up :lol:
On a serious note though, that match was a great showcase of what he can do. Haller was killing it too.
I haven't watched much Bundesliga this season but the chemistry between Haller, Jovic, Rebic and to some extent Kostic (at times) can be great to watch.
Jovic is getting the vast majority of the praise but Haller needs a shoutout too. He provides a lot of assists to Jovic and really isn't far behind in terms of goalscoring. Haller is generally the one pulling the strings in the final third of the pitch.

Rumor on the twitter streets is that Rabiot has fired his moms
About time. If true, maybe his attitude issues could be on the way up.
On the other hand he could just be tired of his mom's bs but still remain a privileged spoiled brat.

damn either it was one of yall or someone heard us and was angry enough to tag terribly on Oedipus Neymar's name

The culers are definitely split.
The play is so beautiful but some of the results are underwhelming. It is Betis though. How much can you expect?

Playing Herradiano in Concacaf champions league and their leftback wearing number 9. I will hate this dude for the rest of my life now

That moment when you don’t know whether Sneijder the great made a grammatical mistake or he’s telling us something #qatar

Last edited:
Money talks. AccorHotels replacing Fly Emirates as PSG's shirt sponsor starting in the 2019-20 campaign. AccorHotels will pay double the amount Fly Emirates did, which is 50M euros annually.

Mulling to catch a Ligue 1 match at Parc des Princes. Either 4/21 hosting Monaco or 5/4 when Nice visits.

BTW, :lol: @ people thinking Memph should go to a bigger club... He's right where he should be...
Oh hell no, brotha. Y'all know I won't stand for the least bit of Memphis libel or slander. You can't judge Memph purely off his failed United stint. Sure, he underwhelmed. I'm not arguing that. Memphis has always battled maturity issues. He's not the only one who struggled under LvG though, just look at how seasoned vets like "El Tigre" and ADM fared.

Thilo Kehrer is my guy, he's going to flourish at PSG whether it be at CB or RB but Memph was torching him in league three weeks ago. Memphis was setting up golden chances for Dembele and Traore far post. He only just turned 25 and will get another crack at an elite club within the next campaign or two. Lyon scooped Memph on the low from MU, but they'll receive triple the sum when Jean-Michel Aulas decides to sell.

With Ribery (and Robben) fading, you're telling me Memphis would fry with Serge Gnabry on the opposite wing?? That's Kingsley's spot to hold but he just can't stay on the pitch, man. Frustrating injury history.

Edit:
I can't even say I favor someone like Riyad Mahrez over the likes of Memphis. Three years older, to boot.

Money talks. AccorHotels replacing Fly Emirates as PSG's shirt sponsor starting in the 2019-20 campaign. AccorHotels will pay double the amount Fly Emirates did, which is 50M euros annually.

Mulling to catch a Ligue 1 match at Parc des Princes. Either 4/21 hosting Monaco or 5/4 when Nice visits.
a mock up

didn't like this seasons PSG jersey that much any way. copped me a mbappe France instead

Oh hell no, brotha. Y'all know I won't stand for the least bit of Memphis libel or slander. You can't judge Memph purely off his failed United stint. Sure, he underwhelmed. I'm not arguing that. Memphis has always battled maturity issues. He's not the only one who struggled under LvG though, just look at how seasoned vets like "El Tigre" and ADM fared.

Thilo Kehrer is my guy, he's going to flourish at PSG whether it be at CB or RB but Memph was torching him in league three weeks ago. Memphis was setting up golden chances for Dembele and Traore far post. He only just turned 25 and will get another crack at an elite club within the next campaign or two. Lyon scooped Memph on the low from MU, but they'll receive triple the sum when Jean-Michel Aulas decides to sell.

With Ribery (and Robben) fading, you're telling me Memphis would fry with Serge Gnabry on the opposite wing?? That's Kingsley's spot to hold but he just can't stay on the pitch, man. Frustrating injury history.

Edit:
I can't even say I favor someone like Riyad Mahrez over the likes of Memphis. Three years older, to boot.
I'm actually an Memph fan. Have been from jump. I was one of the very very few that didn't judge him during & after his United stint.

When Lyon beat P$G earlier this month, Memph was pretty meh. You can check the player ratings, match commentary notes, post game commentary, etc. There is no mention of him at all. He had some runs during the game for sure, but that's a summary of his career especially as of late.

I've seen mention of hannibal's dry run in the CL, but Memph has been almost equally dry, not only in the CL but league games to. One only needs to look at Ligue Un's top scoring list to see how ineffectual he's been. Shoot, Aouar has more goals than him (6 btw). Having said that, I do think he's near the top for assists with like 8 or 9.

I think going to a bigger club would be a disaster. I think being under the microscope & the pressure/scrutiny from bigger press will get to him again. Like I said, he's fine right where he is. Lyon is a great set up for him.

:lol: at the P$G - AccorHotels sponsorship is funny... They don't own the company but qatar has a sizeable stake in the parent company as do the saudis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom