⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sad

I miss the opportunity of watching CHO, Ampadu, RLC and Christensen on the pitch at the same time

Don’t care what Sarri and CFC board think. They need to see how much CFC fans love CHO and other clubs like Bayern want him

Also give more minutes to Ampadu, RLC and Christensen in PL

The stadium fans know what they want and don’t want. Groans when Jorginho came on and ecstasy when CHO scored.

Kantegawd as always

Apparently back in the day Henry signed with Real, but Henry’s Dad stopped the transfer because he was afraid of Monaco’s president

Henry was one of my favorites when I was getting into footy. Woulda been cool if he was part of Real’s history.

Was talking to an older head about footy and he feels there haven’t been as many recent superstars now as there were in the 80s. Any opinions on this? Referencing the guys other than CR7, Messi, and Maradona.

Luka jovic scored his 20th goal of the season

He’s only 20

I haven’t seen him play, but he turned 21 in December. Still impressive numbers and seems like he’ll probably be on the move in the summer.

Betis has disgraced La Liga
Quique is way overrated. Yes, he has some wins over big teams but by a large he shats the bed on most games he should win. Don’t want any part of him as the next Barca manager. He’s fine right where he is.

Last edited:
Was talking to an older head about footy and he feels there haven’t been as many recent superstars now as there were in the 80s. Any opinions on this? Referencing the guys other than CR7, Messi, and Maradona.
I can agree to some extent. there was reason to watch every league if you had the golden opportunity at that time. you can see stars go for it on an massive individual effort in their respective countries thus making them stars. There weren't any super clubs as there is now so the best players weren't all couped up in one league and ignored like the rest.

even one real player, I want to Zidane or Ronaldo himself, said that he Ball'Dor competition was much more difficult to win in his day because the choices weren't just a Messi or Ronnie via a Baraca vs Madrid, it was a Ronaldo against 3 of his own teammates then the people from Barca, Milan, ManU etc etc. Like what do I do? not assist my forward and I get the trophy based on overall skills but leading to selfishness or happening to let my dude win a WC on his own NT while bagging 75 goals in a year with me 2nd placing him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom