⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I forgot about m’vila. He was a staple on my fifa teams a few years ago :lol:
I was convinced Wenger was actually going to buy him at Arsenal, from Rennes.

M'Vila had a decent match today. The one wide ball to Monnet-Paquet really stood out. Monnet-Paquet was consistently Saint-Etienne's most threatening attacking option going forward. Outside of the one Draxler turn, Kolo held it down in central defence. Gabriel Silva had an excellent match with his defensive duties. Shut down PSG's attacking right channel in the first half. Was extremely responsible tracking Dani Alves and limiting the space for Mbappe and ADM.

Welp we're getting ran through on Tuesday. Kovac out

Figured there was no way he would be ready to go 3 days after that injury |l

Marquinhos is getting scary good at that 30-yard long ball that Sergio Ramos is also really good at on the diagonal. Found ADM at least twice for good chances. In possession, the Brazucas were switching seamlessly. Thiago Silva in the middle, Marquinhos on the right interchangeably transitioning. Kehrer looked relatively comfortable at LB.

Juan Bernat wasn't great today, almost got sent off for a second yellow going studs-up but his performance Tuesday vs. MU is criminally underrated. Bargain signing from Bayern.

^ I noticed that too against MU, Marquinhos was pin point with his passing. Locked down pogba too

Never really paid attention to him, Def opened my eyes

I know this isn’t soccer related but we all love basketball here. Big news from Spain - Yesterday was Copa Del Rey final, Barça vs Real Madrid....

Barça winning by 5 points with 20 seconds left.... Real Madrid come back (in very peculiar circumstances after the ref blew the most blatant foul/flagrant foul of all time). Barça ended up winning on game winning goal tending basket tho. Guess Florentino didn’t pay the refs the full amount :lol:

(Highlights of the final 20 seconds)

Madrid for some reason still feel they were robbed, how they can feel cheated after this blown call is beyond me.....:rolleyes

Congrats Barça fans, it’s not just about footy in El Clásico....

Last edited:
Damn

Anthony Randolph.

I feel old and i'm not even old lol

Chris singleton too?! :lol:
:lol:

Well they’re still under 30, they just didn’t pan put in the NBA. If I didn’t pan out in the NBA I’d have no issues playing at RM or Barça, I’d be more than happy to do so. It’s not like they’re in China or Lithuania. Second best league in the world with RM or FCB is more than fine.

Academy graduate Mbappé was sold for €180m. Lemar, the quintessential Monaco signing – a cheap, talented young player who was ready for first-team football – cost just €4m and was sold to Atlético Madrid for €70m. Benjamin Mendy cost €12m and was sold to Manchester City for €58m. Fabinho, Bernardo Silva, Anthony Martial, Tiémoué Bakayoko, Layvin Kurzawa, Yannick Carrasco, Geoffrey Kondogbia and Guido Carrillo were signed for about €60m and sold on for nearly €300m under Vasilyev who, according to Mediapart, personally pocketed 10% of all profits on transfers during his tenure – quite the incentive.

Last edited:
Wonder if this will get any mention in the mail or the *** :rolleyes

Matter fact, where are their articles about 18 year old new father Phil Foden and the huge £2.2m house he bought :emoji_thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom