⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.

DmlDKEHU0AAtBUY.jpg

Wouldn't give a damn if Citeh got 50%,do it Ed...

But raki plays on the right...?
Makes it hard to believe

Yea they say he's 'convinced' he's joining but it smells like bs :lol:,last week there were reports of you guys deciding not to go after him

I still haven’t really seen sancho play

Looking like one of the best English prospects in years. He's like if the Pulisic hype from last season was justified :lol:,already got better stats at BVB than him in around half a season

why are ppl so surprised by chelsea's management of youth?

would absolutely love sancho at united..

Dortmund isn't selling Jadon Sancho for anything less than 100M euros. He's turning 19 in March, while enjoying a scorching Bundesliga campaign with double-digit assists. Sancho had his moments midweek in the first half vs. Spurs. Dortmund was actually unlucky to not have a 1-0 lead or better going into halftime.

I've mentioned once before, but I'm closely monitoring Sancho's teammate, Mahmoud Dahoud. Dahoud hasn't played regularly, but he was extremely influential against Bayern in Der Klassiker.

But if opponents are important, Dybala has 5 goals in the CL group stages. Leading Juve.

I still believe in Dybala...
Completely with you, brotha. I've been heavily on the Paulo Dybala train since he was discovered at Palermo. On Dybala's best day, he looks to have the potential of a top-10 footballer. His left foot is deadly from any distance. He destroyed Dav Sanchez in midfield in the CL return leg against Spurs last year. That second-half goal ultimately put Juve through to face RM in the quarters.

When CR7 first arrived at Turin, Allegri had some difficulty integrating Ronaldo with Dybala and Mandzukic. You could see it with all the changing formations and squad tinkering. Let's also remember, Dybala only just turned 25.

If Inter really sells Icardi in their feud with Wanda, Lautaro Martinez will blossom into a global star even faster. "El Toro" scored the decisive penalty yesterday in EL and also the game-winning goal at Parma last weekend.

Wanda must got that bomb p**** cuz I just don’t see the appeal in her physically and she seems a nightmare to deal with could only imagine being in a relationship . That or she lets icardi stray. :rofl:

Poor guy man. The ankle injuries just won't stop for him. He had a MOTM performance today with 2 goals and 1 assist in a huge comeback win for us. Injured in like the 91st min too during stoppage time. He said a few months back after his last injury that if he has another serious ankle injury he will retire from football for good :frown:
Damn shame, bruv. I've chatted with you in the past about Kingsley Coman and "Coco" being my two favorite players on Bayern. Coman was clearly the difference maker inspiring the 'Romantada' at Augsburg. When he first came back returning to fitness, scored a late CL goal vs. Ajax in December.

Where do you think James ends up this summer?

Edit:
Actually rockin' my red Tolisso at work RN. #CasualFridays

Gonna do a Kingsley next, can't decide if I want the green away or gray third...

has Juve ever really shown true belief in dybala? Feel like they’ve always built the team around someone else and he’s been shifted in and out of the team as a result. Sure didn’t help his development

Wanda must got that bomb p**** cuz I just don’t see the appeal in her physically and she seems a nightmare to deal with could only imagine being in a relationship . That or she lets icardi stray. :rofl:

Wanda is ugly famb, all she has are those fake ****

Who knows what to believe, but Brozovic is suing Corona magazine for those Wanda infidelity reports.

There's Juve rumors about personal terms, but Icardi's 110M euros release clause is a figure meant exclusively for clubs outside of Italy. That fee would be hard for Inter's new-ish owners to resist, no? 10 times what the club paid Sampdoria in 2013.

Damn shame, bruv. I've chatted with you in the past about Kingsley Coman and "Coco" being my two favorite players on Bayern. Coman was clearly the difference maker inspiring the 'Romantada' at Augsburg. When he first came back returning to fitness, scored a late CL goal vs. Ajax in December.

Where do you think James ends up this summer?

Edit:
Actually rockin' my red Tolisso at work RN. #CasualFridays

Gonna do a Kingsley next, can't decide if I want the green away or gray third...

Yes sir we spoke about them before. Coman when healthy is amazing.

How nuts is it that Tolisso is back and ready to play 4.5 months after his ACL surgery? What a recovery. I hope he's not coming back too soon though and risking reinjury.

I think James stays, it seems like the board pretty much told Kovac he needs to stop ******* around and play James. He is our most important MF player and has been huge since he started the past 5 or so games in a row. The board all think very highly of him, its just Kovac who isn't a fan, but he's been strongarmed into playing him and with the results he has no choice now.

My brother gave me the option of either of those 2 jerseys for Xmas and I went with the grey. It's the recycled parley jersey so the material is a bit different but I like how it feels when you wear it. The mint is very clean also, but not a huge fan of the 1 button collar

Yes sir we spoke about them before. Coman when healthy is amazing.

How nuts is it that Tolisso is back and ready to play 4.5 months after his ACL surgery? What a recovery. I hope he's not coming back too soon though and risking reinjury.

I think James stays, it seems like the board pretty much told Kovac he needs to stop ****ing around and play James. He is our most important MF player and has been huge since he started the past 5 or so games in a row. The board all think very highly of him, its just Kovac who isn't a fan, but he's been strongarmed into playing him and with the results he has no choice now.

My brother gave me the option of either of those 2 jerseys for Xmas and I went with the grey. It's the recycled parley jersey so the material is a bit different but I like how it feels when you wear it. The mint is very clean also, but not a huge fan of the 1 button collar

Man's only 22 years old, but unfortunately much of Kingsley's career has been gutted by knee and ankle problems.

I'm with you, man. No clue what type of superhuman rehab process "Coco" endured, but I'm skeptical about how rapidly he's returning to the pitch.

Wow, that's high praise you're showering James with. You think his recent midfield influence even trumps Thiago's from a deeper lying position?

I actually like the one-button collar on the mint away kit. Guess that helped me decide. Went Bundesliga patches for Tolisso, gonna hit the Coman with CL patches to switch it up. Heck, maybe I'll scoop the Thiago in gray. Lol.

Man's only 22 years old, but unfortunately much of Kingsley's career has been gutted by knee and ankle problems.

I'm with you, man. No clue what type of superhuman rehab process "Coco" endured, but I'm skeptical about how rapidly he's returning to the pitch.

Wow, that's high praise you're showering James with. You think his recent midfield influence even trumps Thiago's from a deeper lying position?

I actually like the one-button collar on the mint away kit. Guess that helped me decide. Went Bundesliga patches for Tolisso, gonna hit the Coman with CL patches to switch it up. Heck, maybe I'll scoop the Thiago in gray. Lol.

Tolisso's quick return legit worries me. I mean in any sport who tears an ACL and comes back in the same season. That's unheard of :lol:

Ok yeah James and Thiago have both been equally important, but probably our 2 most important players going into the Liverpool tie. If they play well and dominate the MF we have a great chance even with our gaping issues at CB. James has pretty much dominated every match of the last 4-5 he started (minus today). Thiago played really well also but had 1 or 2 that were subpar performances.

Be careful when you're doing CL patches on a Bundesliga team. The team name on the back is in a diff spot for CL matches vs league matches. It's hard to find the proper kit for CL unless you buy from the official team shop. Just a heads up

Ok yeah James and Thiago have both been equally important, but probably our 2 most important players going into the Liverpool tie. If they play well and dominate the MF we have a great chance even with our gaping issues at CB. James has pretty much dominated every match of the last 4-5 he started (minus today). Thiago played really well also but had 1 or 2 that were subpar performances.

Be careful when you're doing CL patches on a Bundesliga team. The team name on the back is in a diff spot for CL matches vs league matches. It's hard to find the proper kit for CL unless you buy from the official team shop. Just a heads up
Looking back to 2013, those 25M euros Bayern paid Barca is looking awfully paltry.

I was convinced Rummenigge planned to force through Lucas's Atleti move in January. Like you said, CB is glaring. Not a pretty sight with LFC looming Tuesday. Bit surprising Liverpool (or Bayern) haven't thrown 35-40M euros to Leverkusen for Tah. Even 50M, because I think he's worth it in today's market.

IMO, first CL leg being at Anfield benefits Bayern. If Kovac can escape Northwest England with a scored draw, like 2-2 (1-1 unlikely), Bayern supporters would have to feel good about returning to Allianz even and with multiple away goals.

Good lookin' out on the jersey heads-up. So it's like:
(BUNDESLIGA)
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN
TOLISSO
vs.
(CL)
COMAN
No team name on back.

Looking back to 2013, those 25M euros Bayern paid Barca is looking awfully paltry.

I was convinced Rummenigge planned to force through Lucas's Atleti move in January. Like you said, CB is glaring. Not a pretty sight with LFC looming Tuesday. Bit surprising Liverpool (or Bayern) haven't thrown 35-40M euros to Leverkusen for Tah. Even 50M, because I think he's worth it in today's market.

IMO, first CL leg being at Anfield benefits Bayern. If Kovac can escape Northwest England with a scored draw, like 2-2 (1-1 unlikely), Bayern supporters would have to feel good about returning to Allianz even and with multiple away goals.

Good lookin' out on the jersey heads-up. So it's like:
(BUNDESLIGA)
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN
TOLISSO
vs.
(CL)
COMAN
No team name on back.

Agreed on Lucas, getting him would've been huge. Supposedly there's a verbal agreement for him to sign this summer so that we wouldn't **** them over and steal him away with Atleti having CB issues of their own this season. Tah is solid forsure and at this point anyone is better than Boateng/Hummels :lol:

We need to take advantage of VVD being suspended in the first leg and Lovren probably being out as well. Liverpool's backline will be just as shaky as ours. I would love a couple away goals coming back to the Allianz.

Yeah exactly you got it right. Here's a pic of the back one of our kits from this season's CL
ajax-bayern.jpg

vs league kit

Chelsea needs to back Sarri, even with his frustrating lack of rotation and formation change.

We got too many players who really aren't up to the task. We can't keep letting them slide. Gotta get some fresh legs.
It would be uncharacteristic of Abramovich, but I wholeheartedly agree. Sarri is hovering dangerously close to the run of form that Scolari and AVB suffered, before Chelsea sacked them both (among others). They're sitting tied for fifth in the table, trailing United by only a point. With a brutal stretch of fixtures incoming: Hosting United in FA Cup this weekend, followed by the return EL leg vs. Malmo with only a goal advantage (albeit after securing two away goals) and finishing with Man. City and Spurs in league at Stamford Bridge. That's a vicious stretch of games for any club.

We've touched on this before. Sometimes it's frustrating that Sarri seems loyal to a fault when it comes to senior players like Alonso, with the promising CHO riding the pine and setting his sights on a Bayern transfer. Or failing to integrate Christensen in favor of a Rudiger/Luiz partnership time and time again. Or more glaringly, playing Kante out of position because of Sarri's reliance and preference for Jorginho in front of the back four. Yes, Kante's finishing and overall ability in the final third has gotten better in that regard. However, with all that being said, just over half a campaign is not enough time for Sarri to properly implement his style and tactics. Chelsea was bound to hit rough patches after their picture-perfect start. Pundits have accurately pointed out that even Pep and Klopp took time to integrate their philosophies from Spain and Germany respectively.

Besides the rough fixtures, Hazard is a looming issue. It's becoming increasingly evident that his mind is checked out on the Spanish capital. The players overall feel like a larger issue. Whether it be lack of motivation or inconsistency in form. Even staple guys like "Dave" have not been in peak form this campaign. Kepa has not quite warranted the astronomical fee paid to Bilbao either. At one point, it seemed finishing was the biggest problem with Morata living offside and going to ground far too easily. Now it's evolved into a full-blown crisis beyond being clinical in the final third. What will Sarri do at RW? Pedro is aging and a tad past his prime. Willian is maddeningly inconsistent. Although I do prefer him to Pedro on a regular basis. From the jump, I thought Chelsea should have jumped at that 50M figure Barca is reportedly willing to pay prior to poaching Malcom from Roma. What about LM? Kovacic hasn't quite been the answer on loan. Ross Barkley is decent, I guess. I mean, he played well Thursday pushing the squad past Malmo but this isn't the player I imagined when he was being hyped to no end at Goodison.

Who would you like to see brought in this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom